WDW Awakens ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If you are actually seeing that happen then the cast member in question needs to be disciplined. That is not what they are trained or expected to be doing. They should be marking the hazard for guest safety but only until it is cleaned up which they should be doing promptly.

You mean like they used to before the computerized dispatch which allows them X minutes to service a restroom if they exceed that time they are automatically dinged by the system.

You get what you measure if cleanliness counts you get that. If the only metric is time allocated by dispatching system you get what you see today

peter11435

You mean like they used to before the computerized dispatch which allows them X minutes to service a restroom if they exceed that time they are automatically dinged by the system.

You get what you measure if cleanliness counts you get that. If the only metric is time allocated by dispatching system you get what you see today
That's not at all how it works.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's not at all how it works.

Yeah it is and you know that, just like mousekeeping where a mousekeeper is expected to service X rooms per hour regardless of the state they are in.

Or the 'book' at the auto dealer where the customer is charged for 2 hours work but the book says the tech should complete in .75H in reality the job really should take 2 hours but the tech is dinged if he exceeds the allotted time that's why so many car repairs are well less than optimal

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No it isn't. And you know you don't know what you're talking about just like usual.

Defend Disneys practices all you like we've had enough Janitorial and Mousekeeping CM's describe these practices here and other forums to know they are occurring irrespective of Disneys pronouncements otherwise. As to the Dealer's book lets just say I know my local service writers really well

peter11435

Defend Disneys practices all you like we've had enough Janitorial and Mousekeeping CM's describe these practices here and other forums to know they are occurring irrespective of Disneys pronouncements otherwise. As to the Dealer's book lets just say I know my local service writers really well
I didn't make any comment about your dealer book.

My comment is not about defending Disney it's about correcting your misunderstanding of how things works and spreading your ignorance around to others.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Honestly no idea but many times you would see a custodial CM come in and remove paper or mop puddle Not like today where they bring a yellow sign to mark the puddle and leave
Ok, good. It was starting to feel a little creepy if you were just hanging around men's rooms all day watching puddles and used paper towels;)
I didn't make any comment about your dealer book.

My comment is not about defending Disney it's about correcting your misunderstanding of how things works and spreading your ignorance around to others.
How do things work?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah.......This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly This.

We already know that the mousekeepers were instructed to stop making towel animals so they could clean more rooms per hour in fact there was an entire thread on that subject here. And we also know from CM comments here that the computer dispatches custodial CM's to designated areas from a central dispatch point.

Filby61

Defend Disneys practices all you like we've had enough Janitorial and Mousekeeping CM's describe these practices here and other forums to know they are occurring irrespective of Disneys pronouncements otherwise.

Yep. And it's happening on both coasts. Posted on Micechat's Disneyland Resort forum:
I would also like to mention that in addition to the CMs being decreased in the park, I noticed a lack of CMs in the hotels as well. I stayed in the DLH during my trip last month and noticed a lack of housekeeping and bell hops. The bell hops that were there were busting their butts to get things done, valet was backed up, and the maids seemed overwhelmed. We had called down to the front desk because we spilled a drink on one of the beds the first night. We called down to the front desk twice and had maid service two out of the 4 days we stayed and the sheets never got changed. We also needed to request more towels at one point and it took housekeeping almost 90min to bring them to us.
The pool areas were also full of used towels lying around, trash, drinks, and there weren't quite as many lifeguards on duty as I've seen in the past. Steakhouse 55 was understaffed and it took 25min past our reservation time to even be seated, Goofy's Kitchen was also understaffed and I noticed a lot of unbussed tables during dinner service. The entire resort is suffering.

From sea to shining sea, Chappie's Rough Riders are bringing a whole new meaning to the "One Disney" paradigm.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'll third (fourth? fifth?) that.

If you are going to repeatedly be snarky and tell folks they don't know what they are talking about, perhaps you could enlighten us all instead of just continuing to sneer.
I'd really like to hear how it works. If the grim picture @ford91exploder paints isn't true then how does the system work? @peter11435,these discussions do tend to be a little one sided and negative so I'd really like to hear the other side if there is one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom