WDW Admission Policy Change

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
"Effective Monday, June 20th, Walt Disney World theme parks will no longer use handstamps for same day readmission and Park Hopper privileges.

If Guests plan to reenter or visit another theme park on the same day, they will be invited to present their valid ticket or Resort ID with ticket entitlements and utilize the Ticket Tag system.

Ticket Tag system properties will be added to all remaining pre-Magic Your Way tickets, including, but not limited to, Park Hopper and Park Hopper PLUS Tickets. Guests with pre-Magic Your Way tickets should sign their existing tickets (even though there is no pre-printed signature line) should they encounter a challenge with the Ticket Tag system upon reentry."

Incase you thought they were kidding about the biometrics...

Budke

In umpteen (OK, 6) trips to DIsneyworld, I have never used the hand stamp re-entry system. I always just presented my park hopper pass. Never was asked to see a stamp, never had a problem getting into the parks, back into a park, or switching between two (or three) parks in a single day.

MKCP 1985

Yeah, Budke, but have you been since the biometrics were implemented? Very Orwellian - it will be interesting to hear the stories of those for whom the system did not work and whether they were denied entrance.

ScrapIron

MKCP 1985 said:
Yeah, Budke, but have you been since the biometrics were implemented? Very Orwellian - it will be interesting to hear the stories of those for whom the system did not work and whether they were denied entrance.
Which will only happen if they don't have an ID with a signature matching the one on the ticket.

Cheers.

1disneydood

ScrapIron said:
Which will only happen if they don't have an ID with a signature matching the one on the ticket.

Cheers.

What about kids? What about forigeners with illegable ID's? What about park visitors that don't have an ID (ID revoked because of legal probs like DWI)?

Epcot82Guy

I am saddened by this just because I loved the stamps. Great childhood memories of that ink smell and seeing the stamp on certain attractions! But, I think the new system will be better. I personally like the Biometric system b/c I think it functions better. If it saves money (which it does), keep it.

Woody13

Epcot82Guy said:
I am saddened by this just because I loved the stamps. Great childhood memories of that ink smell and seeing the stamp on certain attractions!
We've always had AP's, so there was no need for the hand stamp. However, as you stated, we too would get the hand stamp just to see it under the black lights! :D

Figment1986

so everyone will have to have their fingers measured now??

(darn.. i was hoping for a few more years.. since i still have days left on my old aprk hopper tickets.. and i visit twice a year...)

DisneySaint

I, too, have NEVER been asked to show the stamp on my hand.

I admit I'll miss the stamps too for some weird reason. The quick wet smack of it on your hand and then you see it glowing on some ride you're on in the park later that day or another day. :hammer:

no2apprentice

When we at WDW three weeks ago, the scan worked fine at DS and Epcot, but at MK the CM was overriding everyone in our line. Methinks that station needed some work.

After I went through, in a way it made sense to me...MK has more people passing through, so higher incidents of the scanning not working properly.

thimblekisses

UGH I hate the finger scan. In my experience it has been more annoying than anything, and fails to work more times than not. The cast member just ends up pushing the "j" button, and there we go. Maybe it's just me and my unreadable fingers, but I'm not a big fan.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
TAC said:
And if you have old park hoppers ? How about the old paper park hoppers?

They are all still valid.

Yes, you still have to put your ticket in, but there are NO biometrics with the the old parkhoppers. :hammer:

Incorrect.

Ticket Tag system properties will be added to all remaining pre-Magic Your Way tickets, including, but not limited to, Park Hopper and Park Hopper PLUS Tickets.

TinkerBell9988

Woody13 said:
We've always had AP's, so there was no need for the hand stamp. However, as you stated, we too would get the hand stamp just to see it under the black lights! :D

Same situation here. I just liked to have the hand stamp... at 5 years old, I felt pretty important! :lol:

DisKid

thimblekisses said:
UGH I hate the finger scan. In my experience it has been more annoying than anything, and fails to work more times than not. The cast member just ends up pushing the "j" button, and there we go. Maybe it's just me and my unreadable fingers, but I'm not a big fan.

It's definitely not just you! I can't stand these machines!!! They slow the line down tremendously to get in (as well as the bag checks...which, do they even check??? why do they waste our time???)...

In my experiences, they hardly worked for us at all. It's an even bigger pain if, say, you don't sign your tickets right away and then split up with your party to go get fast passes for everyone so they don't all have to go and then come back and get tickets mixed up. I HATE this finger system!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I don't understand the complaints -

I've been at park opening at MK with the line backed up for character meals and tours all waiting to be allowed inside (think lines as far back as they can physically go) and the bag check was a breeze-through and the turnstiles ate the lines within moments after being opened.

You sure your anticipation of getting into the World isn't clouding your memory? Five seconds can seem like 5 years to some children who get excited about the place, and maybe some adults are seeing it the same way too..?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
DisKid said:
In my experiences, they hardly worked for us at all. It's an even bigger pain if, say, you don't sign your tickets right away and then split up with your party to go get fast passes for everyone so they don't all have to go and then come back and get tickets mixed up. I HATE this finger system!!!

Why not sign the ticket when you get it? Disney tickets cannot be transfered between people - only given as gifts when "new." So, once you know that it's someone's, why not sign it?

The morning before you head into the park. Once you're at the park at the little tables they have set up with pens. Before you got on the plane. Once you arrived in Orlando and unpacked. While waiting for Magical Express to pick you up. While waiting for the bus to the MK. With the pen for your character autograph book perhaps?

C'mon. "I didn't sign them even though I knew I was supposed to" is Disney's fault now that its inconvienent for me? Thy even have the little tables set up and lately are forcing people to sign them.

DisKid

mousermerf said:
I don't understand the complaints -

I've been at park opening at MK with the line backed up for character meals and tours all waiting to be allowed inside (think lines as far back as they can physically go) and the bag check was a breeze-through and the turnstiles ate the lines within moments after being opened.

You sure your anticipation of getting into the World isn't clouding your memory? Five seconds can seem like 5 years to some children who get excited about the place, and maybe some adults are seeing it the same way too..?

Park opening isn't the terribly slow time because nobody is re-entering at any park at that point, and they are prepared with every turnstile open!!

The annoying time is in the middle of the day, because you think it's going to be so quick to get in because everyone is already in and there are very few waiting to get in...but actually, it takes a long time.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
It takes a long time at the turnstyles because people are idiots and cannot correctly use the ticket tag system. Also, people will get in the long lines just because there are lines. You can usually walk to the ends of the row of turnstyles and get in in about half the time.

surfsupdon

Epcot82Guy said:
I am saddened by this just because I loved the stamps. Great childhood memories of that ink smell and seeing the stamp on certain attractions!

AHHH, how true! My sister and I getting as many stamps as possible and seeing them illuminate on certain attractions. As corny as it sounds, those invisible stamps are magical to kids--or at least to my sis and I. (And still kinda are.) I'll miss the fresh scent and the collection on my hands. Biometrics, ugh, haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom