WDW 2011 - Help! When to go?

jen42002

We are definitely planning a 7 nights, 8 days trip to WDW in 2011 and are considering 3 different times. A few things to consider when offering suggestions...

1. We are ok with hot weather
2. We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 4 kids, 8 years old)
3. Waterparks are a must
4. The kids 9th birthday is October 1, 2011, the 40th anniversary date of WDW
5. We will take the dining plan no matter when we go
6. We will most likely be staying at a moderate

When would you go?

1. August 20-27, 2011 - Free dining, no taking the kids out of school
2. September 24-October 2, 2011 - Free dining, Kids birthday Oct. 1 (40th anniversary), off 4 days of school
3. October 23-30, 2011 - 2 days off of school. Weather ? for waterparks

Please help! I have been to WDW over 20 times but am really torn about the dates.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

disneyrcks

September 24th-October 2nd sounds good to me. More days off from school and free dining. I have not been during this time in about 4 years though so other members can be more informative as far as crowd levels, etc. I took a quick look at the website regarding MNSSHP and the main page just said Sept-Nov. So you might even be able to check that out! The weather will still be great for waterparks and u will be able to fit more in with having the four days instead of the two later in October. Happy planning!! :wave:

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

lol...my fault I should have realized the 24th-the 2nd is not four days lol! I think the weather for water parks will be better during that time period but the local members can tell u how warm it will be in late October...the birthday factor is awesome but how will the other kids feel about one getting to spend a birthday in Disney and not them lol! Late August is good too as some schools are back in session and the crowds are much lower

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

End of August was great last year! Low crowds and hot weather (which would be good for the water parks, but maybe not so good for everyday things).

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

My vote would be the Sept dates.
  1. The weather is still hot enough to enjoy the waterparks.
  2. Its not melting into the pavement hot and humid.
  3. Crowds are usually low.
  4. Are the kids really going to miss that much in one week? Plus they will be the envy of all their friends at school.
  5. Spending your B-day in WDW...how cool is that.
  6. MNSSHP will be going on, so there's another reason to wear that Halloween costume.
  7. Food and Wine going on over at Epcot, (got my kids to try a few new foods last year)
  8. Free Dining
  9. Anytime is a good time to go to Disney World.

Upvote 0

jen42002

Original Poster
lol...my fault I should have realized the 24th-the 2nd is not four days lol! I think the weather for water parks will be better during that time period but the local members can tell u how warm it will be in late October...the birthday factor is awesome but how will the other kids feel about one getting to spend a birthday in Disney and not them lol! Late August is good too as some schools are back in session and the crowds are much lower

All 4 kids have the same birthday :):)

Upvote 0

BeanSz

My vote would be the Sept dates.
  1. The weather is still hot enough to enjoy the waterparks.
  2. Its not melting into the pavement hot and humid.
  3. Crowds are usually low.
  4. Are the kids really going to miss that much in one week? Plus they will be the envy of all their friends at school.
  5. Spending your B-day in WDW...how cool is that.
  6. MNSSHP will be going on, so there's another reason to wear that Halloween costume.
  7. Food and Wine going on over at Epcot, (got my kids to try a few new foods last year)
  8. Free Dining
  9. Anytime is a good time to go to Disney World.
This sums it up best -- we use to do late August until we discovered September -- nice, still warm, very low crowds -- and we love MNSSHP. We are booked for 9/23 to 10/1. So see you there.

Upvote 0

Mukta

We are definitely planning a 7 nights, 8 days trip to WDW in 2011 and are considering 3 different times. A few things to consider when offering suggestions...

3. Waterparks are a must

When would you go?

2. September 24-October 2, 2011 - Free dining, Kids birthday Oct. 1 (40th anniversary), off 4 days of school

Please help! I have been to WDW over 20 times but am really torn about the dates.

My birthday is Oct 1st!! Tell your kids I wish them a very happy birthday today. I spent my 27th birthday at WDW and it was very magical. I vote for option 2.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

I would say the September dates. Because you can celebrate their actual bday in Disney, and the crowds are pretty good. And lastly, because I have always wanted to go in Sept myself.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I vote for Choice 2. You get MNSSHP, F&WF, warm enough weather for waterparks, and a birthday celebration in the World. And you might luck out and get free dining too. Definitely #2.

Upvote 0

wendysue

3. Waterparks are a must

When would you go?

We go often in September and it's wonderful. We will also be going the last week of Sept. 2011. Definitely hot enough for the water parks, but not as busy.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I am another vote for the 2nd date range!!! At that age they will not be missig much school wise...I woud do this time of year while you still can. Have 4 kids miss time when in middle or high school will be very hard...so do it now and save the August time frame for late down the road!!! Been there done this!!!! Enjoy and Happy Birthday to the 4 kids!!!!

Upvote 0

nikkie876

Happy Birthday to your kiddos!!! :king:
My vote would be for the 2nd set of dates, for all the above mentioned reasons. Plus if you go at the end of Oct, I think the crowds would be heavier due to Halloween and the MNSSHP. We went Sept 29 - Oct 2 last year and it was GREAT!! Definitely try to go to the Halloween party if you can.

Upvote 0

jen42002

Original Poster
I work at my kids school so I am not sure if I will be able to get off the Sept. 29 week. We have one day off that week, just not sure if I will be allowed to take 4 other days. Think we have ruled out October.

So if we end up having to go in August, how bad are the crowds? I know the restaurants will be busy due to free dining.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Upvote 0

MagicMegan

I personally would take option 2. They already have 4 of the days off of school, you will be there for the child's actual birthday, which is a HUGE thing to them, and the MNSSHP will be going on at this time also, which I HIIIIIIIIIIIGHLY recommend. AND F&W!!!! I LOVE F&W!!!!

((I just read that they all have the same birthday... quadruplets??? OMG I can't imagine. EEK!!))

Upvote 0

sueuk

Wow, quads at WDW for their birthday - on the 40th anniversary! Sounds like magical treats from cast members just waiting to happen :sohappy:.

Upvote 0

jen42002

Original Poster
I personally would take option 2. They already have 4 of the days off of school, you will be there for the child's actual birthday, which is a HUGE thing to them, and the MNSSHP will be going on at this time also, which I HIIIIIIIIIIIGHLY recommend. AND F&W!!!! I LOVE F&W!!!!

((I just read that they all have the same birthday... quadruplets??? OMG I can't imagine. EEK!!))

We have only one day off of school. Would have to take 4 other days off. Not sure if I can do it working at their school :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom