WDW 2011 - Help! When to go?

jen42002

We are definitely planning a 7 nights, 8 days trip to WDW in 2011 and are considering 3 different times. A few things to consider when offering suggestions...

1. We are ok with hot weather
2. We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 4 kids, 8 years old)
3. Waterparks are a must
4. The kids 9th birthday is October 1, 2011, the 40th anniversary date of WDW
5. We will take the dining plan no matter when we go
6. We will most likely be staying at a moderate

When would you go?

1. August 20-27, 2011 - Free dining, no taking the kids out of school
2. September 24-October 2, 2011 - Free dining, Kids birthday Oct. 1 (40th anniversary), off 4 days of school
3. October 23-30, 2011 - 2 days off of school. Weather ? for waterparks

Please help! I have been to WDW over 20 times but am really torn about the dates.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Mukta

I work at my kids school so I am not sure if I will be able to get off the Sept. 29 week. We have one day off that week, just not sure if I will be allowed to take 4 other days. Think we have ruled out October.

So if we end up having to go in August, how bad are the crowds? I know the restaurants will be busy due to free dining.

Thanks everyone for the help!

The crowds in late August are manageable. Since you and the kids will both have that time off, it makes sense.
Crowds will be tapering off throughout your trip. You'll need to use Fastpass here and there, but it won't be crazy crowded.

Upvote 0

WDW_Princess

Your second choice would be the best in my experience. My birthday is Sept. 14th and it is always nice that time of year. You can always go to MNSSHP also since it will be going on at that time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom