WDS - 3rd expansion land: Lion King (Rumour)

What is your opinion on having Lion King as the replacement for Star Wars in the WDS expansion?

• Amazing! Lion King is a great choice for a new land in WDS. Star Wars fits well in Discoveryland

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • I am okay with not having Star Wars but would have preferred something else like Avatar instead

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • No way! They should keep the original plan and built a Star Wars mini land incl. RotR in WDS

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • I don't really care as long as WDS gets any new attractions at all

Votes: 22 21.8%

• Total voters

DisneyDean97

In DCA? Or HK? I don't think we have any evidence suggesting it will break ground next year? Even thought it really needs to.
I haven't heard anything about this project starting any time soon either, for any of the 3 parks... guess we'll have to wait until D23 and see if they can show us a model or 3D visualization of the ride... knowing Disney tho, it'll probably be another vague piece of concept art with a total new direction for the ride, again.

Brer Oswald

that would be a terrible decision if true, the animated version is a classic, and looks timeless.
The way to go with this is the "Splash Mountain method" where you take the animated characters, keep their expressiveness, but give them more detailed fur texture to make them better translate to a physical space. Same goes for the environments from the film. If they go with the drab live action version, most of us will lose interest in this.

cjkeating

The way to go with this is the "Splash Mountain method" where you take the animated characters, keep their expressiveness, but give them more detailed fur texture to make them better translate to a physical space. Same goes for the environments from the film. If they go with the drab live action version, most of us will lose interest in this.
I don't think any of the insiders have suggested it is live action so lets hope not...

Sir_Cliff

I don't think any of the insiders have suggested it is live action so lets hope not...
It would be a strange move. I think the closest they have come to implementing the live action movies rather than the animated versions in the parks was a brief clip from Beauty & the Beast in one of the DLP shows, which was jarring in and of itself. As well as being easier to translate into an attraction and subjective judgements about it just being more appealing, you'd imagine they want to sell a lot of merchandise and realistic-looking plush lions and warthogs aren't going to compete with the characters from the animated film.

Timothy_Q

It would be a strange move. I think the closest they have come to implementing the live action movies rather than the animated versions in the parks was a brief clip from Beauty & the Beast in one of the DLP shows, which was jarring in and of itself. As well as being easier to translate into an attraction and subjective judgements about it just being more appealing, you'd imagine they want to sell a lot of merchandise and realistic-looking plush lions and warthogs aren't going to compete with the characters from the animated film.
Shanghai has a 2010 Alice in Wonderland maze

Sir_Cliff

Shanghai has a 2010 Alice in Wonderland maze
Oh, that's right... and it's an eyesore!

1709238144478.png

LondonTom

Ha, I liked that part of Disney Illuminations (helps that How Does A Moment Last Forever is well suited to a nighttime show and a refreshing change in the usual song list they use!) and the rest of the show was a weird mix between animation and live action 😂

They tried to have The Little Mermaid as her live-action self in the parks 👀

I'd wager The Lion King ride is based on the animation, with everything else in the land blending towards the look of the stage show. (Will be interesting to see what happens to Hakuna Matana and the show, would be odd to keep them themed to Lion King and have it so split!)

mrflo

Original Poster
Local newspaper Le Parisien is mentioning the Lion King as the next world to be added after Frozen:

A new immersive world, the concept and design of which are currently being finalized by the imagineers (engineers), will further strengthen the attractiveness,” indicates the Park. More details will be communicated later. » According to our information, it would be an entire district around the great classic "The Lion King"".

Source: Le Parisien: A Frozen “land”, a giant lake, a Rapunzel attraction… Discover the future Disney Adventure World

cjkeating

According to our information
I think they have been reading the forums
Lion king belongs in the main Parc.
Can you actually picture it in Adventureland? The whole land is so grounded in human wxploration/design… the Caribbean for pirates, archeology for Indy, the Indies for Swiss Family, Arabia for Aladdin… adding in cartoon animal land would be a bad fit.

cjkeating

I guess the Show will be replaced eventually but surely there may be confusion with Hakuna Matata being in the other park so maybe that gets a rename?

It could go back to its original name with literally a change of the sign and change of soundtrack.

wdrive

They’re in the same park at DHS.

But Frozen, BatB, Toy Story are all in more than one park at WDW.

I know, I was replying to a comment about the restaurant Hakuna Matata and a Lion King expansion in the same park in different locations

nickys

Premium Member
I know, I was replying to a comment about the restaurant Hakuna Matata and a Lion King expansion in the same park in different locations
I know you were but you said people aren’t confused by ST and GE at DHS. Since they’re in the same park it doesn’t illustrate your point.

wdrive

I know you were but you said people aren’t confused by ST and GE at DHS. Since they’re in the same park it doesn’t illustrate your point.Then Buzz Lightyear and Toy Storyland at DLP or WDW then.

I see, I misread the original posters comment that guests will be confused with the same property in two different parks. I read it as the same park.
Then Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story land at DLP or WDW don’t confuse guests

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom