Ways of saving for Disney

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Im a middle School woodworking teacher and every year I build a little 10x10 inch box and decorate it with disney pics and put ALL change, $5 bills and singles from change I have into box. Boy does it add up

Frequent trips to local mall to get disney dollars or send away for them

Budget $10 week and put in envelope with Mickey on front

Get Disney gift carsds occassionally usually $25 and just slowly pay for it into chk account

EVERYTHING HELPS!!!!!!

We budget $150 week for food shop...everything under we put away for Disney

tizzo

We do various activities-in-your-spare-time-online-for-money type things. Mostly taking surveys. As the money adds up, we put it all aside, and we usually accumulate just enough in a year to pay for our AP renewals. We have to be just a little fast and loose with the accounting, because a lot of such sites either pay in points rather than cash, or will allow you to get either cash or merchandise but with a less favorable exchange rate for cash. In those instances, we usually use the points for something we would need to buy anyway, or for a utilitarian gift card to someplace like Walmart, and then designate the cash we would have spent if not for the gift card to the Disney fund.

I guess it sounds kind of stupid (seems that way to me as I write about it anyway), but it ends up feeling like we're not really paying for the passes once October rolls around.

joannecasey

We do various activities-in-your-spare-time-online-for-money type things. Mostly taking surveys. As the money adds up, we put it all aside, and we usually accumulate just enough in a year to pay for our AP renewals. We have to be just a little fast and loose with the accounting, because a lot of such sites either pay in points rather than cash, or will allow you to get either cash or merchandise but with a less favorable exchange rate for cash. In those instances, we usually use the points for something we would need to buy anyway, or for a utilitarian gift card to someplace like Walmart, and then designate the cash we would have spent if not for the gift card to the Disney fund.

I guess it sounds kind of stupid (seems that way to me as I write about it anyway), but it ends up feeling like we're not really paying for the passes once October rolls around.

I have come across sites that say they pay you for taking surveys, but I am always timid to trust them. Do you mind saying what site you use ?

mickeysshoes

I take surveys at E-rewards...found them thru UPROMISE. My cash for surverys get credit to my kids college fund at UPROMIS. Now grant you this does not help me save for Disney but it does cut donw on what i have to spend on books and therefore giving more spending cash for Disney.

tizzo

I have come across sites that say they pay you for taking surveys, but I am always timid to trust them. Do you mind saying what site you use ?

I'll PM you with some additional details and advice because most of what I just wrote is off topic. But the sites I recommend are:

OpinionOutpost.com
MySurvey.com
ViewpointForum.com

tizzo

I take surveys at E-rewards...found them thru UPROMISE. My cash for surverys get credit to my kids college fund at UPROMIS. Now grant you this does not help me save for Disney but it does cut donw on what i have to spend on books and therefore giving more spending cash for Disney.

I like E-Rewards too but for a completely different application. Almost all my earnings there get redeemed for airline or hotel loyalty programs. It's extremely convenient for the infrequent traveler like me to prevent points and miles from expiring.

dave&di

I save up all £1 or £2 coins and silver coins, bag them up and put them in the bank. I'm also not as frivilous as I used to be, I don't spend money unless I need to. This doesn't get me far which is why my DB and I can only go every 2 years.:cry:

ThinkTink721

My hubby works a 2nd job p/t to pay for our trips - WDW or any vacation that we take...if not for that, we probably would not be able to go.

powlessfamily4

I gave up Starbucks! I was averaging $4.50 a day. There about 40 days a year I do not get a Starbucks.

$4.50 @ 325 $1,462.50!!! How crazy is that?? I also quit buying my lunch. Our midyear and year end bonuses make up the rest.

Do I miss my Starbucks?? YES!!!!! But I would miss Disney more :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I take the savings from coupons and Kroger "discounts" every time I go to the store, then turn around and deposit that amount in an ING account. I get a little higher interest rate there and usually end up depositing a nice little sum every month....

Cmdr_Crimson

This years and Next tax returns will be going towards my next trip. I also have a keepsake of Spaceship Earth that opens and I put spare cash in it and Disney gift cards from b-days & christmas to build it up.

wvdisneyfamily

We do not eat out. We clip coupons, shop at discount stores, enjoy entertainment at home instead of out, and generally watch what we spend. DH works overtime.

I generally save all of my change. Being Canadian this can really add up with our loonies ($1) and toonies ($2). I also stash any $5 bills I can. We also have a feature on our bank accounts that rounds our purchases up to the nearest dollar (or 5) and puts the difference in our savings account. I also try and save any extra birthday or gift money I get, and try to exchange our money into American when the exchange is quite high as it is now.

disneygirl1

I gave up Starbucks! I was averaging $4.50 a day. There about 40 days a year I do not get a Starbucks.

$4.50 @ 325 $1,462.50!!! How crazy is that?? I also quit buying my lunch. Our midyear and year end bonuses make up the rest.

Do I miss my Starbucks?? YES!!!!! But I would miss Disney more :)

How crazy is it how much you save just from cutting out your daily Starbucks visits??? I have done the same thing, included bringing my lunch to work daily. But I have a say I do sneak a latte from Starbucks once a month and buy my lunch maybe 2x a month, I can't resist! :lol:

disneygirl1

One of the big ways I like to save is... The Disney Gift Card! Each pay check I go to the local Disney store and add $10-$20 on to my Disney gift card. I have done this for the last 2 years, and it is amazing how quickly the $$$ adds up. We are going again in Aug/Sept and I have already started add $$ to my card. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom