Waterstar Orlando Project

the.dreamfinder

Looking at an aerial map there will be a row of trees, then the parking lot, then another row of trees, then Osceola parkway, then another row of trees between AK and this new project. It also looks like only one of the 15 sections of the hotel will face the project due to how wavy the building is.

In a perfect world Disney should have bought the land but I’m not sure it’s going to even be visible from 99% of the rooms once finished. Maybe from the top floor of a couple rooms.
It’s going to be visible to guests at some point of their day. That’s the problem, it breaks the theme of a deluxe resort.

Lilofan

Can they not do this? I like feeling like I'm in a "different world" when I'm on property and seeing real world property is disillusioning.
Perhaps another Central FL nail shop, pawn shop, and barber shop now next to WDW? A dollar store would be out of the question😉

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
New Waterstar lot is not the same - New Waterstar lot is Parcel ID - 33-24-27-0000-00-010 in Orange County. View attachment 607507
The development tract is south of Osceola parkway…I’m trying to figure out how that’s in Orange County? 🤔

drunk surveyors…I suppose?

1639571444195.jpeg

Club Cooloholic

Permits were filed today for the Waterstar Orlando Project, and although this is not a Disney project it will will be right up against AK lodge. Looks like it will be a mix of apartments and retail.

View attachment 607243

View attachment 607252

View attachment 607250
I didn't realize there was a Wawa that close to AKL. Anyway, it is what it is. It's not like some developer came along and built a bunch of buildings along the lake blocking guests views, I mean that would be terrible!

castlecake2.0

It’s going to be visible to guests at some point of their day. That’s the problem, it breaks the theme of a deluxe resort.
I’m sure Disney is aware of the construction and watching what happens. There’s a little gap while driving from Jambo to Kidani where you can see some of the development. A small berm will take care of that. As for views from upper floors, if you’re going to see this development then you already would have been able to see the glory of the 192. It sucks when the real world gets closer to the edge of property, fingers crossed Disney does its best to hide it.

raymusiccity

Surprised this was not reported months ago. Construction started a few months ago including a project billboard.
It was in the local news back in August:

CONSTRUCTION TIMELINE REVEALED FOR $125M MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT NEAR DISNEY
Equinox Development was recently featured in Orlando Business Journal in reference to the WaterStar Orlando development near Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Equinox Development Properties Inc. expects to kick off construction on its estimated $125 million WaterStar development in first-quarter 2020, President and CEO Ryan Stahl told Orlando Business Journal.

Orlando Business Journal article

Lilofan

I’m sure Disney is aware of the construction and watching what happens. There’s a little gap while driving from Jambo to Kidani where you can see some of the development. A small berm will take care of that. As for views from upper floors, if you’re going to see this development then you already would have been able to see the glory of the 192. It sucks when the real world gets closer to the edge of property, fingers crossed Disney does its best to hide it.
Disney won't hide it , progress goes on to finish the project.

the.dreamfinder

That resort easily generates nine figures for them each year. It’s lazy and cheap to have not bought the land.

UNCgolf

I wonder how many people from the apartments will cut through the woods to use the tennis and/or basketball courts at AKL. It would be a pretty short walk if the ground isn't swampy.

Lilofan

I wonder how many people from the apartments will cut through the woods to use the tennis and/or basketball courts at AKL. It would be a pretty short walk if the ground isn't swampy.
AK Lodge is a favorite of ours. At the 2 tennis courts there are signs posted of alligators in the adjacent water. These signs had been there years before even before the fatal attack on 2 year old Lane Graves at the Grand Floridian beach. A FL local would know better than to walk through that area infested with gators and snakes.

Chip Chipperson

From what I could tell while driving last week, there's a trench in that open space so unless that gets filled in it might be difficult, if not impossible, for anyone to cut through there. I do have a pesky habit of trying to keep my eyes on the road while driving, however, so it's possible that there is a spot where someone could cut through. A nice electric fence should stop any potential moochers, though. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom