Waterstar Orlando Project

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They oriented DAK and the villas so that your attention is focused away from these off site properties, so I don’t see what the big deal is. You might see something from the bus or a standard view room, which already had gross views. This particular resort is very dichotomous. Gorgeous savannah views. Repulsive parking lot side. I hated that part of Kidani—walking along a parking lot with very little vegetation to get the Jambo for food. Not magical at all.
It’s a hotel…which requires “stuff”

how about the okapi parking deck??

and look up “magic” in the dictionary😉

UNCgolf

But then where would the giraffes go for Texas Blossoms?

Did you ever think of the giraffes?

No, you only think of yourself.

And let’s not even touch on the DAK lions who claim the ribs are “to die for.” They‘d know.

Or the gazelles who enjoy Fuji Apple salads from Panera on Tuesdays.

Everyone here is so selfish.

I'm assuming the Texas Roadhouse will be torn down, so it's a double whammy!

Nottamus

Ya know, it could be worse

there’s plenty of rooms and views in AKL that break the immersion.

DVC club level 6th floor savanna side- you can totally see the Target and others retail locations in distance

as mentioned above - some standard views you can see stuff

99.9% of the time at AKL, I am totally isolated and still my favorite place to stay at Wdw

trainplane3

They oriented DAK and the villas so that your attention is focused away from these off site properties, so I don’t see what the big deal is. You might see something from the bus or a standard view room (not many of those), which already had gross views. This particular resort is very dichotomous. Gorgeous savannah views. Repulsive parking lot side. I hated that part of Kidani—walking along a parking lot with very little vegetation to get the Jambo for food. Not magical at all.
I was surprised there wasn't a totally covered walkway between the two buildings. It's just like "okay you go outside, follow this path for the next 5 minutes and re-enter the neighboring building". It's a small complaint but it just feels weird since you see how close the buildings are and how you feel like you missed an obvious connection between them.

chama1

Wow....If its some sort of subdivision type of build....it will have schools, stores, traffic, etc...how will effect the wildlife????....Why didn't Disney buy that land????....or maybe they'll be such an outcry, the property owner might sell it to Disney....maybe?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow....If its some sort of subdivision type of build....it will have schools, stores, traffic, etc...how will effect the wildlife????....Why didn't Disney buy that land????....or maybe they'll be such an outcry, the property owner might sell it to Disney....maybe?
You think Slaphead would be interested in paying a ransom for “preserving a theme”?

where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was surprised there wasn't a totally covered walkway between the two buildings. It's just like "okay you go outside, follow this path for the next 5 minutes and re-enter the neighboring building". It's a small complaint but it just feels weird since you see how close the buildings are and how you feel like you missed an obvious connection between them.
I have no idea why they didn’t build some kind of skybridge from kidani to Jambo?

except that it’s technically not “necessary”

surfsupdon

Building Disney Properties near Disney boundaries really negatively effects the feeling of escapism from the original Resort.

See Caribbean Beach. At one point was lush and in its own world...but was built next door to a parcel of outside land that is now home to Bonnet Creek Resorts and they tower of CBR and ruin the illusion.

Hope AKL does not meet that same fate.

trainplane3

I have no idea why they didn’t build some kind of skybridge from kidani to Jambo?

except that it’s technically not “necessary”
It's really just a "why not" when they were building the hotel. Build the bridge, put up a sign that says "Kidani/Jambo access on second floor", and be done with it.

1639500351210.png

Could've been something simple that just follows the lower cover or...
1639500488751.png

Something that overhangs, has a wall of glass on one side. Maybe on the non-glass side even a small relaxation area (chairs, pop machines, a TV?).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's really just a "why not" when they were building the hotel. Build the bridge, put up a sign that says "Kidani/Jambo access on second floor", and be done with it.

View attachment 607310

Could've been something simple that just follows the lower cover or...
View attachment 607315
Something that overhangs, has a wall of glass on one side. Maybe on the non-glass side even a small relaxation area (chairs, pop machines, a TV?).
Yep…soundproofing is fairly common now
There’s also another point further out that could have been sold as a “feature”

but Bob was in a rush to get to sun valley that day 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Building Disney Properties near Disney boundaries really negatively effects the feeling of escapism from the original Resort.

See Caribbean Beach. At one point was lush and in its own world...but was built next door to a parcel of outside land that is now home to Bonnet Creek Resorts and they tower of CBR and ruin the illusion.

And that was the teachable moment…they tried and failed several ways to get that track as a buffer…but lost any control they had 20 years ago when their political capital over Orange County was used up.

the.dreamfinder

AKL and Kidani have been hurt financially by how far away they are from the rest of property, aside from DAK. Having suburban sprawl next door won’t help that.

lazyboy97o

Is there another thread for this? I know it’s been discussed before somewhere on here.

Yes, they can. Disney doesn't own it. It's up for grabs for a developer to purchase it and do what they want with it so long as properly zoned for it.
They could pull a Universal and create a “neighborhood” group to oppose the development.

It’s not that big. There isn’t a school. It’s an apartment complex, some big box stores and some “urban” retail right on US 192.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom