Waterstar Orlando Project

UNCgolf

AK Lodge is a favorite of ours. At the 2 tennis courts there are signs posted of alligators in the adjacent water. These signs had been there even before the fatal attack on 2 year old Lane Graves at the Grand Floridian beach. A FL local would know better than to walk through that area infested with gators and snakes.

That wouldn't be an issue for people coming from this development -- they'd be coming from the south and crossing over the road next to the courts.

I imagine Disney will put up a fence to prevent people from walking onto AKL property from there, though.

Last edited:

Lilofan

That wouldn't be an issue for people coming from this development -- they'd be coming from the south and crossing over the road there.

I imagine Disney will put up a fence to prevent people from walking onto AKL property from there, though.
If anyone notices fencing along Disney even by DAK Park going to AK Lodge the fences are covered on top with barb wire. That should stop anyone unless they want to get all cut up.

peter11435

If anyone notices fencing along Disney even by DAK Park going to AK Lodge the fences are covered on top with barb wire. That should stop anyone unless they want to get all cut up.
There are not fences around everything at WDW. And not all fences that are there are covered in barbed wire.

peter11435

Another example, the fence line along part of the road going from the Contemporary to Reams Road is covered on top by barb wire, reason?
There are fences with barbed wire around parts of the Magic Kingdom. I never said there were none on the property. I said there were not fences around everything.

peter11435

Most if not all by AK is barb and your prediction on the second part is wishful thinking.
Parts of AK and AKL have barbed wire as a tertiary boundary for animal containment and protection.

The parks generally do have perimeter fencing to keep out non paying guests.

The resorts genuinely do not.

It’s not wishful thinking because I don’t care either way and I’m basing it on what they have already done in other locations.

Lilofan

Parts of AK and AKL have barbed wire as a tertiary boundary for animal containment and protection.

The parks generally do have perimeter fencing to keep out non paying guests.

The resorts genuinely do not.

It’s not wishful thinking because I don’t care either way and I’m basing it on what they have already done in other locations.
And when we had a private event at DHS behind the Tower of Terror, and before boarding the bus to take us back to the hotel , barb wire fencing in those locations. The animal containment reason doesn't fly in this matter.

peter11435

And when we had a private event at DHS behind the Tower of Terror, and before boarding the bus to take us back to the hotel , barb wire fencing in those locations. The animal containment reason doesn't fly in this matter.
Did you read my entire post? Or just what you felt like? I stated that the parks generally do have perimeter fencing. That would include DHS. And I pointed out that the lodge and AK have additional fencing for a unique reason. The other resorts do not.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Did you read my entire post? Or just what you felt like? I stated that the parks generally do have perimeter fencing. That would include DHS. And I pointed out that the lodge and AK have additional fencing for a unique reason. The other resorts do not.
You didn't get the gist of my post. The " unique" fencing you described as barb wire to contain animals etc at AK, AKL, but my post said that the same type of fencing is at DHS. What animals are at DHS to make the fences there " unique " ?

peter11435

You didn't get the gist of my post. The " unique" fencing you described as barb wire to contain animals etc at AK, AKL, but my post said that the same type of fencing is at DHS. What animals are at DHS to make the fences there " unique " ?
I didn’t say the fencing was unique. I said the reason was unique. The use and execution at those two locations is more extensive and installed with different intentions than anywhere else. I never said there was no barbed wire fencing at other parks. In fact I was quite clear that there is. I stated that the parks generally have perimeter fencing and in many cases it is barbed.

You are missing the point, intentionally or not. The parks have fencing. The resorts do not. AKL is the exception. AKL has it in some locations for a unique reason.

Lilofan

I didn’t say the fencing was unique. I said the reason was unique. The use and execution at those two locations is more extensive and installed with different intentions than anywhere else. I never said there was no barbed wire fencing at other parks. In fact I was quite clear that there is. I stated that the parks generally have perimeter fencing and in many cases it is barbed.

You are missing the point, intentionally or not. The parks have fencing. The resorts do not. AKL is the exception. AKL has it in some locations for a unique reason.
Since you seem to be verse in WDW fencing what makes barb wire fencing unique at DHS? I'm sure you cannot think of a reason. It cant be the animals. One thing we agree on is the fencing in parks is barb wire , ( ie DhS, AK etc )

peter11435

Since you seem to be verse in WDW fencing what makes barb wire fencing unique at DHS? I'm sure you cannot think of a reason. It cant be the animals. One thing we agree on is the fencing in parks is barb wire , ( ie DhS, AK etc )
I never said the barbed wire fencing was unique at DHS.

I have already explained in multiple posts that the parks have barbed wire fencing in some locations and I’ve said why it exists. There is an additional reason why it exists at animal Kingdom and this reason extends to AKL.

Other than AKL name one other resort that has barbed wire fencing

This isn’t that difficult

Lilofan

I never said the barbed wire fencing was unique at DHS.

I have already explained in multiple posts that the parks have barbed wire fencing in some locations and I’ve said why it exists. There is an additional reason why it exists at animal Kingdom and this reason extends to AKL.

This isn’t that difficult
Got it, you can explain why AK has barb wire fencing but cannot explain why other park has the same fencing but you said why it exists . Makes no sense.

peter11435

Got it, you can explain why AK has barb wire fencing but cannot explain why other park has the same fencing but you said why it exists . Makes no sense.

The parks all have perimeter fencing. Some of it but not all is barbed. This includes DHS because that is a park. It is installed to prevent non-paying guests and those with potentially bad intentions from getting in.

While all of the parks have perimeter fencing and some barbed wire fencing, Animal Kingdom has it for an additional purpose due to its animal collection. Which is why it’s installation and execution is different than the other parks and in many cases is electrified, something you won’t find at DHS.

The resorts do not have perimeter fencing. There are some locations at resorts where fences exist to create barriers between roadways and hazards. But they are not barbed and they do not establish a full perimeter.

The exception to this is that Animal Kingdom Lodge does have some perimeter fencing, including some barbed. It does not surround the entire property. This is unique to the lodge because it forms a tertiary boundary for the animals just like it does at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

Lilofan

The parks all have perimeter fencing. Some of it but not all is barbed. This includes DHS because that is a park. It is installed to prevent non-paying guests and those with potentially bad intentions from getting in.

While all of the parks have perimeter fencing and some barbed wire fencing, Animal Kingdom has it for an additional purpose due to its animal collection. Which is why it’s installation and execution is different than the other parks and in many cases is electrified, something you won’t find at DHS.

The resorts do not have perimeter fencing. There are some locations at resorts where fences exist to create barriers between roadways and hazards. But they are not barbed and they do not establish a full perimeter.

The exception to this is that Animal Kingdom Lodge does have some perimeter fencing, including some barbed. It does not surround the entire property. This is unique to the lodge because it forms a tertiary boundary for the animals just like it does at Animal Kingdom.
You didn't mention Yacht and Beach Club. When we were there we stayed in an part of the resort approx 15 years ago, that we could see Epcot backstage in the distance. Towards the swamp area near the Y&B hotel rooms we could see the same fencing probably to keep the FL wildlife from making a surprise appearance.

peter11435

You didn't mention Yacht and Beach Club. When we were there we stayed in an part of the resort approx 15 years ago, that we could see Epcot backstage in the distance. Towards the swamp area near the Y&B hotel rooms we could see the same fencing probably to keep the FL wildlife from making a surprise appearance.
Sounds like you saw perimeter fencing around Epcot.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

That resort easily generates nine figures for them each year. It’s lazy and cheap to have not bought the land.
8720CB0A-A5C6-42CA-8D5B-A2034D5C2411.jpeg

Just need a berm here to hide it. If they plant it now it’ll have a chance to grow in before construction is done. I wonder if Disney ever tried to purchase it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom