Waterstar Orlando Project

Goofnut1980

Can they not do this? I like feeling like I'm in a "different world" when I'm on property and seeing real world property is disillusioning.
It was awful last week when we were there... you could see and hear the machinery clearning land. There is a big area with NO trees to block the view.

And I agree, it used to be when you were on property you didn't see the outside world, but they are trying to fill in like Disneyland and eventually you will see a Dennys across the street from the main entrance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney purchases this land. Land next to it: "Wow, surprised Disney didn't purchase this land to prevent others from building so close." Disney purchases that land. Land next to it: "Wow, surprised Disney didn't purchase this land to prevent others from building so close." And on it goes. . .
So if they Bought the land…does that mean they’d build another African themed hotel with zebras on it? 🤔

I apologize that I’m such a slow learner

Vinnie Mac

Yes, they can. Disney doesn't own it. It's up for grabs for a developer to purchase it and do what they want with it so long as properly zoned for it.
I'm not saying otherwise, I'm not a genius but I know how property management works. I'm expressing my dislike for the project is all, if you like it, let that be your opinion and I'll have my own opinions.

JohnD

I'm not saying otherwise, I'm not a genius but I know how property management works. I'm expressing my dislike for the project is all, if you like it, let that be your opinion and I'll have my own opinions.
I neither like nor dislike the project. I'm just saying it's unfair to put the blame on the developer because the property is next to Disney.

matt9112

They oriented DAK and the villas so that your attention is focused away from these off site properties, so I don’t see what the big deal is. You might see something from the bus or a standard view room (not many of those), which already had gross views. This particular resort is very dichotomous. Gorgeous savannah views. Repulsive parking lot side. I hated that part of Kidani—walking along a parking lot with very little vegetation to get the Jambo for food. Not magical at all.

Ahhh the peasantry will have to endure.

Vegas Disney Fan

Does WDW have height restrictions on neighboring properties like Disneyland?

Animal Kingdom Lodge should feel lucky it’s a few low rise apartments that will be more or less hidden by trees rather than another high rise hotel.

I’m surprised Disney doesn’t have internal setback rules that prevent them from building within a couple hundred yards of their property line. A hundred yards of woods would buffer out everything in the outside world other than high rises.

Last edited:

rio

Disney should’ve bought the land if they didn’t want anything near AKL. I’m rather happy that more apartments are being built in what is a growing area, and that they’re mixed use too!

JohnD

Disney should’ve bought the land if they didn’t want anything near AKL. I’m rather happy that more apartments are being built in what is a growing area, and that they’re mixed use too!
Or maybe Disney shouldn’t have built next to their property line. I’m sure I can find a way to blame Chapek for that decision too.

UNCgolf

Or maybe Disney shouldn’t have built next to their property line. I’m sure I can find a way to blame Chapek for that decision too.

Was it next to their property line when they built it?

I honestly have no idea, but I know they have sold some land.

JohnD

Was it next to their property line when they built it?

I honestly have no idea, but I know they have sold some land.
Good question. Western at least. Southern could have been sold. Same argument holds. They could have kept land closer to US-192 but I don’t know the specifics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom