Waterfront District "Hyperion Wharf" Set to be added to Pleasure Island

CBOMB

While I certainly like everything I've seen so far. I still feel there is a glaring gap in the DtD area with no entertainment devoted exclusively to adults. Unless they provide a themed late night club like atmosphere I feel this area will always feel incomplete.

Lee

Adventurer
While I certainly like everything I've seen so far. I still feel there is a glaring gap in the DtD area with no entertainment devoted exclusively to adults. Unless they provide a themed late night club like atmosphere I feel this area will always feel incomplete.

Yes. This.

jt04

Agreed. I really think a quiet, sophisticated and beautifully lit jazz club with windows overlooking the lake would be a great addition. Something along those lines.

Something similar to the aesthetics of the original Empress Lilly but dedicated to jazz or other live adult contemporary music.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Agreed. I really think a quiet, sophisticated and beautifully lit jazz club with windows overlooking the lake would be a great addition. Something along those lines.

Something similar to the aesthetics of the original Empress Lilly but dedicated to jazz or other live adult contemporary music.

You've really done an about face on this. :eek:

PalisadesPkteer

There are many dinner theaters that seem to do well.

Would Disney put one in this area? Would give you extra dinning and entertainment for the area.

AMC movies getting upgrade and dinning option is a good start. And maybe they could do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUR5YQ7RALQ

Still would like the AC or similar to be part of this new concept. Need things to do not just restaurants and shops.

djkidkaz

In the main photo where you can see the view of Zach Divine, Paradiso and the fire breathers, etc. where does that bridge all the way to the right go to? There's not currently a bridge there, is there?

Mouse Detective

I still feel there is a glaring gap in the DtD area with no entertainment devoted exclusively to adults. Unless they provide a themed late night club like atmosphere I feel this area will always feel incomplete.

I agree too. There is simply no reason that 8TRAX couldn't be reopened. The music from the 70's and 80's is known by all age groups so it could be a family friendly place early and then adults-only after 10pm or so.

If you look closely between two of the concept art pictures where the mickey face is located, you might notice something different about that location in the pictures. Also, his image isn't a facade or painted....

Well all I see is the place where Harley Davidson used to be but apparently won't be there much longer! And behind that the Mannequins building remains.

unkadug

If you look closely between two of the concept art pictures where the mickey face is located, you might notice something different about that location in the pictures. Also, his image isn't a facade or painted....

Based on rumblings, I also wouldn't be surprised to see the theme extended in the future to the Market Place/West Side. What that extent would be? Who knows.

It appears to be a giant LED billboard.

raven

It appears to be a giant LED billboard.

Yep. A portion of it has been in testing for a few months now.

Not every spec has been announced on this project. There are still some scrumptious details that I'm sure will set sail sometime in the future. :animwink:

Zach Divine Show

What about the possibility of an AC style show based on the rich history surrounding the Zach Divine and Merriweather Pleasure history. vonpluto sure has alot of back story "found on a plaque tucked away on the far left". You have to admit it includes some colorful archive of material for Sheila Ward to use on stage as the adventuress Katie "Doodles" Manzanera. ;)

scpergj

Oh yeah...a Martini bar, with a small Jazz combo...I like it!

unkadug

Oh yeah...a Martini bar, with a small Jazz combo...I like it!

With a connecting bar that has comedians that ad lib along with the audience, and another side room that contains maybe a library and maybe a room with some masks. :lookaroun

hazelrah

Love the name. It's very classy and the concept art looks nice to boot. Looks like all of the new venues will be external operating participants, which is okay considering West Side is like that, but it would be nice to see one whimsical Disney offering, a la Adventurer's Club.

I'd much rather Downtown Disney go this direction rather than the overblown tackiness of Rainforest, T-Rex, and Planet Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom