Waterfront District "Hyperion Wharf" Set to be added to Pleasure Island

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Agreed but a light show could be cheap and awesome. Which would make since with the "light" theme.

I think that anything they could do that might draw people here in the evenings, and convince them to spend money on Merch / Food / Drinks would be a winning situation. Even if it's fairly small, yet impressive, it would be worth the money. Not holding my breath though...

mgf

I really like the lighting based on what I assume is "Silly Symphonies: Flowers and Trees." They could be very beautiful, and I like the reference to lesser known (represented) Disney works. This was a Hyperion Studios production also. Yay for retroactive synergy!

rsoxguy

btw, wth is with the censoring on the Disney Blog site?! This is the second time my post has been removed before posting and I didn't even say anything that bashing.

My post said, "The concept art looks great, but this place has been shut down for 3 years now and with the completion of this project being about 3 years, it seems like the closure of PI was a bit premature. Had TDO had all of it's ducks in a row when the closure happened, we might be enjoying this area for WDW's 40th"

Oh yeah, I also said the Atlantic Dance Hall was terrible....(exact words)...does that warrant not posting my post? Are they really that afraid of negativity?!

I believe that you'll be able to answer your own question tonight when the "guys" from Disney enforcement show up at your home.

tonys_luca.jpg

dreamfinder

I really like the lighting based on what I assume is "Silly Symphonies: Flowers and Trees." They could be very beautiful, and I like the reference to lesser known (represented) Disney works. This was a Hyperion Studios production also. Yay for retroactive synergy!

Noticed the figures on the light pillar things. Interesting to see.

Atomicmickey

They didn't name the restaurants. "Mahogany Bay" is a boat-themed restaurant concept that is proposed for the Hyperion Wharf district. I don't know if it's a definite, but it seemed that way. If anyone knows any different, please illuminate.

NewfieFan

I like the look of this a lot! I love DTD and a trip is just not complete until we spend at least an evening there.

It will be interesting to see what restaurants, shops, etc. get added.

And I love all the lighting... I hope the real thing is true to the concept art!

Horizonsfan

Looks absolutely stunning. Much better than their original plan a few years ago (close clubs then wait..)

Echoing what others have said, hope unique stores go in here not more cookie-cutters. Maybe now I'll have a reason to wander through more than the Marketplace.

:)

trr1

that sounds nice however the article says
"How about that? New dining, shopping and entertainment experiences"
I dont remember reading any new entertainment experiences? did anyone else?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I recall when they were planning the boardwalk, they were going to have a ferris wheel but I think they changed their mind regarding the sight lines across to the Yacht and Beach club or something...

Anyway, I think they would be good to put a ferris wheel in this concept

s8film40

Very nice concept art. I hope it looks like this and it truly does look like a step in the right direction. I also really like the name. Seems classier to me, even though I enjoyed Pleasure Island back in the day.

I thought this piece of art was interesting: http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hwd003445LARGE.jpg

From looking at the three images released, this looks to be looking down toward where Motion was at the end of strip (closer to the Marketplace side) Could that be a new theater venue on the left? I can't tell, but with the name (Buena Vist...,) and the outside architecture, I felt it could be. I always felt DTD could use a nice theater for off-broadway shows, traveling shows, etc.

I guess we'll see.

I noticed the Buena Vista sign as well, my initial thought was they don't have anything lined up for the space and just used a name they own for the concept art so it doesn't look empty.

Brian_WDW74

that sounds nice however the article says
"How about that? New dining, shopping and entertainment experiences"
I dont remember reading any new entertainment experiences? did anyone else?

He's probably refering to these:
  • Enhancements at AMC Theatres that will take the movie-going experience at Downtown Disney to the next level with new digital technology, a Concession Stand of the Future and Florida’s first Fork & Screen Theater; and…
  • Numerous new or renovated retail shops and merchandise vignettes, as well as additional atmosphere entertainment, throughout Downtown Disney.

s8film40

Does anyone know what Zach Devine is, as far as I can tell it's the only thing new in this. If it's a made up name as well then this is all pretty much meaningless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom