Waterfalls in WDW

NiarrNDisney

I have to wonder with all of the waterways around WDW property if there are any natural waterfalls the public doesn't normally see?

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
I have to wonder with all of the waterways around WDW property if there are any natural waterfalls the public doesn't normally see?

Highly unrealistic. For a natural waterfall you need at least some mounds or hills, some difference in altitude where water flows down and at one point suddenly drops over rock. There is no waterfall without rocky grounds and there are no waterfalls in lowlands.
And I dont think you will find these conditions anywhere near WDW or Orlando. Don't forget, nothing you see in the parks or the public areas of WDW, like Seven Seas Lagoon etc. is natural, everything, even the lakes, is manmade.

The Empress Lilly

It's the thread that won't die! Which if they would've had internets back then would make for a great fifties monster movie title.

River Country:
2212653819_5cd7039c27_o.jpg

More River Country. So I hear you say that this isn't a waterfall. Me I say there is a water and some falling. So it counts. And besides, who can resist this view from the top of those slides. About to plummet to your doom, or at least to physical pain, and nobody to help you. This is where I learned it is lonely at the top.
2192792099_27a0e02af0_o.jpg

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
It's the thread that won't die! Which if they would've had internets back then would make for a great fifties monster movie title.
View attachment 59118

:D That was a REAL good one! I hope so, because I think there are still at least dozens of waterfalls from the World which have not been posted yet.
BTW before we had the Internet, the only way as a German to find out what had changed in WDW was to go there and look! WDW was nearly non-existent in the German media we had a special feature on TV when EPCOT Center opened and the next one when the Disney MGM Studios opened, that was about it. Today this sounds bizarre but there was really no other way to find out what was going on in the parks than being there.

DiSnEyF@n

Tomorrowland Falls-Fountains
If they brought them back?
Fountain%2520%2520-%2520Tl%2520Towers%2520copy.jpg

20K Subs & Falls
Still debating if New Fantasyland was a good trade.
MK%2520Fl%252020K%2520Under%2520The%2520Sea%252001%2520enhanced.jpg

Poly Original Pool
Reach the slide via tunnel behind falls - very cool
Polynesian%2520Pool%2520Jan%25201975.jpg

River Country Main Pool Slide/Falls
Wicked drop!
Ft%2520W%2520RC%252006.jpg
Awww I miss River Country!!!!!

Last edited:

NeedMoreMickey

On our trip in March the water falls in Norway was still boarded up so I was happy to see this past weekend the boards are down and the water of running even if they will be turned off again very soon.

George Lucas on a Bench

I love the waterfalls of WDW, but I'm afraid the horrendously drought-stricken Disneyland (which somehow manages to hold its own with magnificent waterfalls at the Matterhorn, Tarzan's Treehouse, Submarine Voyage, Cars Land and Grizzly Peak) has the definitive Disney waterfall: the ending of Pirates of the Caribbean. No words can describe going up the waterfall. It comes at a point after we've floated by just about everything the ride has to offer. No more sophisticated Audio-Animatronics or elaborate sets for the moment, just a simplicity: boats go up the hill, water goes down. If it would only just last forever...

16ao5e0.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom