Waterfalls in WDW

MerlinTheGoat

People, just stop. Stop right now. If Disney finds out we love waterfalls, they will shut them off, and plant plantis where they now are or tear them down.
Too late... :cry::bawling:

6278281949_fc52ff64a3_z.jpg

I say again- shame on you Disney, shame on you.

NiarrNDisney

I don't know if it has been mentioned but one of my favorites is the large waterfall at Shades of Green! it winds in and out of the building and has a wonderful clean refreshing smell that carries through the resort.

Other favorites:

Canada's "Rocky Mt." falls
CSR's Dig Site ruins fall
DTD Hilton's Lake Buena Vista's entry falls
Imaginations backward (Reverse) falls
The Dolphin's sea shell water feature
Tree of Life
Tomorrowlands old waterfall walls
Wilderness Lodge

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Remember all the fountains? They are gone as well. Very notably in Epcot entrance plaza, and Caribbean plaza.

Yes I definitely remember the fountains, especially in Caribbean Plaza. When I saw the "sub-land" in AL for the first time in 1982 it left a strong impression on me because you had this beautiful court with it's fountains, there was no PotC-giftshop and half the day there was the AL Steel Drum Band playing calypso and other caribbean melodies. There really was a kind of Carribean feeling and atmosphere at this place, which was enhanced by the fountains and wells - until TDO took them away and replaced them by flowers and plants. Easier to maintain and cheaper. Today Caribbean Plaza has lost this special atmosphere, I am quite sure the Poly will lose it's as well after the "defurbishing" of the GCH.

Minnie1976

Despite what TLC says...this is a great idea for a thread.

It would be nice to have all these in a coffee table book...Hey @Spike-in-Berlin :greedy: you may be on to something...

I think the walkway into Tomorrowland and the two Skyway waterfalls bring me the most nostalgic pain.
Unfortunately the Poly Lobby falls will soon be joining those.
Why would they get rid of that beautiful area in the Poly lobby? I take pictures of it everytime we go. Why can't Disney just leave some things alone? Change isn't always good. Like when they got rid of the smell in the Poly.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Why would they get rid of that beautiful area in the Poly lobby? I take pictures of it everytime we go. Why can't Disney just leave some things alone? Change isn't always good. Like when they got rid of the smell in the Poly.
Why?? Cuz they're a bunch of short-sighted money grubbin' knuckleheads that don't give a d*mn what we think!!
I kid...sorta....I agree change isn't always good and in the case of the giant waterfall spires outside of Tomorrowland AND the eventual Poly waterfall it DEFINITELY is NOT good.

However as you already know change is virtually unavoidable and until they change WDW to the point where people stop going they won't give a d*mn as to how we feel about the changes they make.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster

That question and especially the WHY, is already the topic of a long thread about the changes at the Poly which so far goes over 25 pages. And what makes it even worse, if it is true what someone wrote in his comment, the waterfalls are about to go any day now! Could happen tomorrow, could happen next week, but it seems that no one who is not there at the moment and does not arrive there in the next week or so, will have a chance to say at least good bye to the old Poly lobby.:(

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Despite what TLC says...this is a great idea for a thread.

It would be nice to have all these in a coffee table book...Hey @Spike-in-Berlin :greedy: you may be on to something...

I think the walkway into Tomorrowland and the two Skyway waterfalls bring me the most nostalgic pain.
Unfortunately the Poly Lobby falls will soon be joining those.

Thanks a lot ShookieJones, I greatly appreciate how many others are sharing my passion for waterfalls. Would be a great idea for a coffee table book, if they would publish one like "Waterfalls of Walt Disney World" I would definitely buy it. At least I will write a list at the end of this thread of all those which were mentioned in this thread.
I am really sad that we will never see the Venezuelan pavillion, as it would have been the only way for me to see at least a fake Angel Falls, to get to the real one you have to travel one day by boat through the tropical rainforest and sleep in hammocks in the jungle. Impossible for me to do with my arachnophobia.
I still try to find out which one is the HIGHEST waterfall in WDW, the largest concerning the flow rate could be Schweitzer Falls.

RayTheFirefly

That question and especially the WHY, is already the topic of a long thread about the changes at the Poly which so far goes over 25 pages. And what makes it even worse, if it is true what someone wrote in his comment, the waterfalls are about to go any day now! Could happen tomorrow, could happen next week, but it seems that no one who is not there at the moment and does not arrive there in the next week or so, will have a chance to say at least good bye to the old Poly lobby.:(

I didn't realize it could be so soon! I leave for WDW tonight :D, so I'll have to make sure my friend and I stop at the Poly and soak in the waterfalls while we still can! So sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom