WAND comng down???

flyersmv

Original Poster
ok so i have heard a rumor a little while back that the wand is supposed to be taken down....i kno most of u will be happy about that......and sumkind of projection thing with go up to make it look like the Epoct ball is spinning at night....im not sure how good this rumor is but i would like it

DDuckFan130

flyersmv said:
ok so i have heard a rumor a little while back that the wand is supposed to be taken down....i kno most of u will be happy about that......and sumkind of projection thing with go up to make it look like the Epoct ball is spinning at night....im not sure how good this rumor is but i would like it
:lol: I know someone will say it so "ooh ooh let me!"...If you use the search button you will see that there have been lengthy discussions about this in the past. Look them up :)

I personally don't mind the wand but oh well whatever...we'll see.

*MichelleP*

The wand has kind of grown on me...at first I thought it was out of place, but now when I see pics of SSE without it, I think it looks plain. :veryconfu :lookaroun

AEfx

Oh if only they would take that butt-ugly hat out of the middle of my MGM park, WDW will be on it's way back to where it should be.

AEfx

jcarriv

My belief is that the wand and hat will not be removed because it is all part of a grand plan.

The next part of the plan is to wrap Cinderella's Castle with a red robe and then place shoes similar to those on Mickey in Fantasia on the Tree of Life.

WDW will then be renamed Fantasia World. :lol: :lol: :lol: :hammer:

Sir Hiss527

From the great COP: "That's Progress"

I really don't mind the wand, personally. It goes with the flow of Epcot. I have also seen pictures without the wand and it just looks plain, and out of place. I actually don't see the wand leaving us anytime soon.

BDAN29

Unless the wand will interfere with the new projection system, I think it should stay. Even though this is only it's 4th year, it wouldn't be SSE without it.

Vernonpush

BDAN29 said:
Unless the wand will interfere with the new projection system, I think it should stay. Even though this is only it's 4th year, it wouldn't be SSE without it.
They have already tried the projections on July 4. I doubt they interfered. It's probably staying for a while.

attisb

jcarriv said:
My belief is that the wand and hat will not be removed because it is all part of a grand plan.

The next part of the plan is to wrap Cinderella's Castle with a red robe and then place shoes similar to those on Mickey in Fantasia on the Tree of Life.

WDW will then be renamed Fantasia World. :lol: :lol: :lol: :hammer:
I find it funny actually. I always think that a giant Mickey has been blown up and body parts have landed all over the place. One handed landed at EPCOT, the hat landed at Disney Studios, pretty soon a foot will appear at Animal Kingdom. LOL

COProgressFan

BDAN29 said:

Not to cause trouble, but remember how SSE existed beautifully for 18 years before "the wand". So of course it would be SSE without it, and to most park fans, it would more like the prime years of Epcot unlike the neglected Epcot of today.

The wand taints a widely recognized, architecturally unique structure and turns it into a bright, tacky, Vegas-like sign. I can't see how people can say it fits the "theme" of Epcot or looks nice -- I mean, do people forget that they're in Epcot and need to see it in lights in order to remember? What about when you're not standing directly in front of it, and see the massive steel structure supporting it? Is that really something pleasing to look at? I really thinks its a shame that it went up at all, let alone stayed for the past 5 years.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that they had the wand lights OFF when they were doing the projections on SSE for July 4th. Not sure if that's the case, but we can only hope that's a sign that the wand will be coming down, and hopefully SOON!!!!

CoP

attisb

COProgressFan said:
Not to cause trouble, but remember how SSE existed beautifully for 18 years before "the wand". So of course it would be SSE without it, and to most park fans, it would more like the prime years of Epcot unlike the neglected Epcot of today.

The wand taints a widely recognized, architecturally unique structure and turns it into a bright, tacky, Vegas-like sign. I can't see how people can say it fits the "theme" of Epcot or looks nice -- I mean, do people forget that they're in Epcot and need to see it in lights in order to remember? What about when you're not standing directly in front of it, and see the massive steel structure supporting it? Is that really something pleasing to look at? I really thinks its a shame that it went up at all, let alone stayed for the past 5 years.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that they had the wand lights OFF when they were doing the projections on SSE for July 4th. Not sure if that's the case, but we can only hope that's a sign that the wand will be coming down, and hopefully SOON!!!!

CoP
They did turn the lights off on the wand. If you take a look at the two pictures on WDWmagic.com http://www.wdwmagic.com/general_epcot_news.htm

kaos

I like the wand. I think it adds more Disney to the park. If we all remember the original theme and plan for EPCOT Center, it was supposed to be a showcase of American ingenuity and a cultural learning center for the world. When it started to lose its appeal with the visitors, characters were added and the park was "Disneyfied". It's not a neglected park anymore with the addition of MS, Soarin coming, and the very altrustic rumor of the Canadian river raft ride making its way through the masses. The park is definately worthy of the magic wand icon over the SSE icon (Timeracers?) and lets us all remember that EPCOT Center has evolved to the center of the WDW Resort, where we can visit with all of our favortie Disney friends from around the globe. Long live the Epcot wand!!!

Shaman

The projection system( http://www.wdwmagic.com/general_epcot_news.htm ) has already been installed...as for the wand coming down, I would say its probably a matter of time...some merchandise doesn't even show the word "epcot" and the wand on the EPCOT geosphere anymore, and I believe some of the planning videos don't show it either. I hope within the next year they take the darn thing off...

As for the hat at the Studios...I think that SHOULD stay, I think it makes the park less MGM and more Disney.

ogryn

3456Pictures2_005too-med.JPG

Thanks cuteypatooty78

The writing is the bit I don't like about it. I don't like the font, the positioning, the words, or the little spangly bits that fill it in. I didn't mind the 2000 sign as much.

1) Why do I need reminding I'm in Epcot? I've just paid hundred of £££ to get here.
2) Why the swirly font? All other fonts in Epcot seem hard and straight edged. It looks out of place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom