Walter Cronkite has passed away

ryanduggers

Original Poster
The world has lost a great man in Walter. I never heard his version of SSE, but I liked hearing him do the "Peace on Earth" narration at EPCOT during the holidays.

He was 92.

Yensid_Robert9

Very sad to hear. I'll always remember the short film with him and Robin Williams at The Magic of Disney Animation. I've always wanted to see it again after they got rid of it. Tried unsuccessfully youtubing it. But he was a great journalist, if not the best. He will be remembered forever. RIP Mr. Cronkite

WRE4ever

RIP Walter Cronkite! Thank you for your years of anchoring, narrating the best version of Spaceship Earth, and showing us the process of animation by turning Robin Williams into a Lost Boy. But, as you said always said " And that's the way it is."

Mr.EPCOT

Rest in peace, Walter Cronkite.
picture.php

In his honor, a live picture of Spaceship Earth.

Walter Cronkite said:
Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

The Conundrum

The best thing to do would be to restore his narration of Spaceship Earth back into the attraction along with the iconic Tomorrow's Child theme.

The Conundrum

That will never happen, although I like the idea and think his narration is the best so far.

Well some people at Disney have actually talked about/toyed with the idea of possibly bringing back Captain EO for a limited run so you never know...

although I agree the chances are slim to none and as I have said as soon as SSE opened to the public WDI was finished with that ride for a loooong time.

At least they were decent enough to incorporate a nod to Walter Cronkite in the current version.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I was also too young to remember him as a news anchor, but his voice and demeanor really spoke volumes about himself I think. His narration on SSE is the one I grew up with as well, so that is where I will remember him most fondly, as I guess many of us here will.

RIP Walter Cronkite

drp4video

Awe, I just saw this post. How sad. I remember him as an anchor and he was awesome. I loved him with Robin Williams in the short animation film and miss that film a lot. rip

juan

although sad, he lived a long and fulfilling life and it's great that he left some of his legacy at Disney
RIP

Mr.EPCOT

I've said it before, I'll say it again: it would be very easy to install the previous narrations as an Easter Egg you select at the beginning of the ride. I imagine it'd be relatively inexpensive to do, it'd be a great goodwill gesture towards the fans, and something just plain ol' fun for the average Guest to discover, maybe even encourage rerideability a good amount.

going2oahu

I've said it before, I'll say it again: it would be very easy to install the previous narrations as an Easter Egg you select at the beginning of the ride. I imagine it'd be relatively inexpensive to do, it'd be a great goodwill gesture towards the fans, and something just plain ol' fun for the average Guest to discover, maybe even encourage rerideability a good amount.

Seems like a no-brainer to me - easy to implement and an obvious crowd pleaser too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom