Walter Cronkite has passed away

mickeysaver

I would love to hear him as the narrator of SSE again. It's the way that I first experienced the attraction and honestly, it was the best of the three versions that I have experienced.

I was very sad to hear this news last night. I just don't think that they make them like Walter Cronkite anymore.

Boardwalk Joe's

I wonder if theres anyway to hear Cronkite's narration of SSE. I know these type of things have made their rounds online...but I have yet to come by this particular one. :/

Boardwalk Joe's

I've said it before, I'll say it again: it would be very easy to install the previous narrations as an Easter Egg you select at the beginning of the ride. I imagine it'd be relatively inexpensive to do, it'd be a great goodwill gesture towards the fans, and something just plain ol' fun for the average Guest to discover, maybe even encourage rerideability a good amount.

Brilliant!

ryno1982

I've said it before, I'll say it again: it would be very easy to install the previous narrations as an Easter Egg you select at the beginning of the ride. I imagine it'd be relatively inexpensive to do, it'd be a great goodwill gesture towards the fans, and something just plain ol' fun for the average Guest to discover, maybe even encourage rerideability a good amount.

They wouldn't do this because it would draw attention to the fact that there is nothing to look at during the descent. Imagine hearing:

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.[/FONT]"

as we watch our stupid flash videos.

EPCOT Explorer

They wouldn't do this because it would draw attention to the fact that there is nothing to look at during the descent. Imagine hearing:

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.[/FONT]"

Heck. It would be an improvement!:lol: I'm all for it!

Tinkyroo

I was fortunate enough to meet him one of the times I sang for WDW. I remember he was wearing a button front sweater (like Mr. Rogers used to wear) and was sipping some coffee ( or it could have been hot tea not sure). We were back in one of the warehouses near behind Thunder Mountain. Even as a young person I thought it was pretty darn cool to be near him.

RIP

Mr.EPCOT

Well, that's easily solved! Your touchscreen can stay on for most of the ride with video of that version. It turns off entering 180top, and turns back on upon the descent. The brilliance of the system installed in the Time Machines is its flexibility.

EPCOT Explorer

Well, that's easily solved! Your touchscreen can stay on for most of the ride with video of that version. It turns off entering 180top, and turns back on upon the descent. The brilliance of the system installed in the Time Machines is its flexibility.

Indeed.:D That touchscreen can have many, many uses.

RSoxNo1

Does anyone have a video of the Animation Tour? There are snippets of it on the web, but I haven't been able to find the full video.

GrannyJill2

I'm too young to know him as the "most trusted man in America." To me, he'll always be the voice of SSE. He had a good life.

I grew up listening to Walter Cronkite, and I will miss him. He reported the news without engaging in a lot of "happy talk", and he covered the big issues of the day in an honest and straightforward manner.

RIP Mr. Cronkite. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom