News Walt Disney World's Minnie Van service confirmed to return summer 2022

natatomic

That seems a very odd move. Wonder what the story behind all of that is.
Indeed. If they knew ahead of time that they didn’t want to bring back any of the old drivers, I’m not sure why they even extended the invitation. Talk about false hope. They can’t even give the argument that past drivers weren’t good enough. All of them were rated just as a regular lyft driver was, and many of them had a 4.9 or even a 5 star rating. It was quite easy for management to see the star ranking of each individual driver - it was even part of their annual reviews.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Im digging, there’s gotta be some reason for this
I agree, The Chip & Co site posted an article with the job advert included. The advert was posted on the 21st April.

Are we sure that the former drivers have been rejected from the process already? It seems quite soon to have already interviewed and a decision made. Perhaps it’s just that only a handful have had replies yet.

Edit: here’s the article

RememberWhen

Still no announcement about a return date for this. “Summer” is rapidly approaching. We were hoping for more information before we book transportation for our July trip. While I wouldn’t normally want to spend $300+ for ground transportation, I’ll be traveling with 2 car seat aged kids and my 71yo mother. A car rental is $500+ And I’d need to bring car seats on the plane and the busses are about $100 and take 1.5 hours or so.

Has anyone heard any updates?

Diamond Dot

Isn't that crazy??? I guess it works for families with kids or larger groups. But for the two of us would be a giant waste of money. We liked ME, but will settle for Uber. :) Usually the Uber drivers we get while in Disney are fun to talk to.
Regarding Uber or lyft, can you request a female driver?

bpiper

We were staying at Kidani from May 7 to May 17 and one morning when exiting the under building parking, we drove my a Minnie Van driving through the under building parking area. There were two people in it. I suspect it was to give the driver practice driving in tight quarters. Minnie Van's wouldn't normally be in that area.

Chip Chipperson

We were staying at Kidani from May 7 to May 17 and one morning when exiting the under building parking, we drove my a Minnie Van driving through the under building parking area. There were two people in it. I suspect it was to give the driver practice driving in tight quarters. Minnie Van's wouldn't normally be in that area.

I actually had a Minnie Van driver offer to drop my wife and I off at the elevator closest to our room once while staying at Kidani. Our room happened to be close to the elevator near the lobby so it didn't matter, but we were pleasantly surprised that the driver even offered.

ToTBellHop

1654614559036.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom