News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
No consumption on the premise where it is purchased which means no alcohol of any kind in the modified food & wine or any restaurant or bar at WDW.
Interesting because when restaurants reopened alcohol consumption was allowed. I think this more focused on actual bars and clubs not restaurants.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Interesting because when restaurants reopened alcohol consumption was allowed. I think this more focused on actual bars and clubs not restaurants.
We are awaiting the full language but you are correct, the Tweet did specifically say bars. We'll have to wait for the full details later today.

“Effective immediately, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation is suspending on premises consumption of alcohol at bars statewide,‘' according to a tweet from Halsey Beshears, secretary of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

Brooklin Disney Dad

We are still awaiting the full language of the rule but it looks like they are rewinding a few stages back to the point where you cannot consume alcohol onsite but restaurants can sell it as a take-out item for take-away orders.

too many people wanting to be selfish and stupid.
Selfish and stupid would be me still planning to go FLA and risking the health of my family because we just want to do it and are tired of being told to keep safe! Just because it hasn’t been shut down does not mean it is a perfect bubble. Imagine standing in line waiting for your temperature screening behind families that just tested positive! Not sure why some places in the USA think they can just ignore this virus and the data. Alcohol ban isn’t going to stop people from gathering. Wake up! Shut things down. The FLA people are not responsible. The daily spike in cases proves it. Toronto has been shut down since March 12th. Just started opening patios (not inside restaurants) two days ago! Limited seating.

Figurehead

In the Parks
No
I know a few parents in the neighborhood who can't seem to go anywhere without their wine. Better get hammered before you go through the gates if that's you :p

TrojanUSC

Florida is the canary in the coal mine. Florida is getting hit because they opened first. States that are currently opening up will be in the same position in a couple of weeks.

Not first, but rather too soon. There's a reason why other countries have successfully mitigated this but we have not. Our reopening wasn't driven by science, but rather politics.

IMG_0093.jpeg

Might not be their call if the state thinks curbing alcohol is the way to go for safety reasons.

I live in the state the Governor literally said "We are where we are" yesterday in response to rising numbers. The Governor has no plans in closing anything down, he just doesn't want it to appear as though the state is doing nothing while numbers continue to climb.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Florida is the canary in the coal mine. Florida is getting hit because they opened first. States that are currently opening up will be in the same position in a couple of weeks.
I believe you are correct. The United Kingdom is going to be the same way in a few weeks.

Figurehead

In the Parks
No
I live in the state the Governor literally said "We are where we are" yesterday in response to rising numbers. The Governor has no plans in closing anything down, he just doesn't want it to appear as though the state is doing nothing while numbers continue to climb.
I wish you all well in staying out of harms way!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I believe you are correct. The United Kingdom is going to be the same way in a few weeks.
Are people there at least wearing masks? Because here in Ohio at least where its not mandated, other than the few businesses who are strict about it, I would put indoor compliance at 30% in the suburbs and maybe 5% in the Appalachian part of the state.

yensid67

I was just going to post...
Do you think its too early to open Disney with the uprise in new cases? I would say yes, from a cautionary point. If things are this bad just a few weeks before opening, I would not plan a trip just yet. The new cases per day are just too much for me.
BUT I do think that with Social Distancing and other things, it could get and stay under control. I have not worn a face mask regularly since the beginning and I am just fine( I have breathing issues that cause me not to wear a mask whenever possible!) REMEMBER when they said that once we got the hot weather of summer, that it would kill the virus? Guess they lied about that TOO! Many lies!

Roy G. Dis

I was just going to post...
Do you think its too early to open Disney with the uprise in new cases? I would say yes, from a cautionary point. If things are this bad just a few weeks before opening, I would not plan a trip just yet. The new cases per day are just too much for me.
BUT I do think that with Social Distancing and other things, it could get and stay under control. I have not worn a face mask regularly since the beginning and I am just fine( I have breathing issues that cause me not to wear a mask whenever possible!) REMEMBER when they said that once we got the hot weather of summer, that it would kill the virus? Guess they lied about that TOO! Many lies!

It seems a bad time to do a social distancing effectiveness experiment at a completely non-essential place like WDW in the state leading the country in daily spread of cases.

But that's just my opinion.

Clarification has been provided by Florida DBPR regarding the ban on alcohol consumption at bars; this will only apply to bars that derive 50% or more of their total sales from alcohol. These establishments are still allowed to sell sealed beverages to be consumed outside of the establishments. This mandate does not include restaurants which will be able to continue to sell alcohol. Overall this doesn't seem like its going to have that major of an impact to WDW when it opens in July.

AmishGuy91

Clarification has been provided by Florida DBPR regarding the ban on alcohol consumption at bars; this will only apply to bars that derive 50% or more of their total sales from alcohol. These establishments are still allowed to sell sealed beverages to be consumed outside of the establishments. This mandate does not include restaurants which will be able to continue to sell alcohol. Overall this doesn't seem like its going to have that major of an impact to WDW when it opens in July.

You misspelled if

donsullivan

Premium Member
It looks like they rolled things back to the way they were before the early June order that allowed the bars to re-open. That's where the problem was so it's nice to see this necessary change targeted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom