News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

jaklgreen

Walmart doesn't even request a signature or pin code for purchases under $50 at our local store. It's alarming to know if I lose my wallet they can make a purchase even if it is a small amount. And forget my bank app being worth a darn for purchase notifications, it sends them "within 24 hours".

Our Walmart hardly ever requires a signature. We were just there and spent $270 and did not have to sign. But I think that they have a recognition program because if I use a card that I have not used there before, they have me sign. But if I use the usual card, I do not have to sign.

Jimdalva

Our Boardwalk stay is for July 6 to 9, well before the parks open, but after June when DVC in Boardwalk opens. We are not DVC members so I would think Disney would move our res. without additional cost to us. I called and got thru right away. I was told that they are Not making modifications right now, so call back. I asked if we would have to pay a price difference, and they said 'they don't know'. So I wait.

Leahbobeah

I have a trip booked at Saratoga Springs with rented DVC points October 17-24. I also already have park hoppers purchased for that week. Anyone have any insight as to whether I should be nervous...? Haha

nickys

Premium Member
I have a trip booked at Saratoga Springs with rented DVC points October 17-24. I also already have park hoppers purchased for that week. Anyone have any insight as to whether I should be nervous...? Haha
Nervous about what? Saratoga is opening June 22nd. You’ll get a refund of the hopper part of the tickets if you cannot park hop. Any dining plan & reservations will be cancelled.

nickys

Premium Member
Our Boardwalk stay is for July 6 to 9, well before the parks open, but after June when DVC in Boardwalk opens. We are not DVC members so I would think Disney would move our res. without additional cost to us. I called and got thru right away. I was told that they are Not making modifications right now, so call back. I asked if we would have to pay a price difference, and they said 'they don't know'. So I wait.
If the Boardwalk Inn is opening in time for your reservation then you’ll be fine.
If it isn’t but other non-DVC resorts are opening by then, you may get moved.
You are highly unlikely to be moved to the Boardwalk villas in either scenario.

Leahbobeah

Nervous about what? Saratoga is opening June 22nd. You’ll get a refund of the hopper part of the tickets if you cannot park hop. Any dining plan & reservations will be cancelled.
My concern is regarding availability to get reservations for the parks, rather than about my hotel reservations/park tickets (sorry, I should have made that more clear).

nickys

Premium Member
My concern is regarding availability to get reservations for the parks, rather than about my hotel reservations/park tickets (sorry, I should have made that more clear).
No worries.

We don’t know yet how far out they will do reservations for. If they decide to use them until say the end of October right from the outset, you’ll get priority over new bookings and non-resort guests.

If they make that decision nearer the time, I’m sure you’ll get priority over non-Resort guests too. Either way capacity will have ramped up by then, so it should be easier anyway.

seabreezept813

Anyone else thinking and secretly hoping (I know I’m an awful person) that the face mask requirement for kids 2 and older will keep more families with younger kids and therefore strollers away from the parks at least initially?

We’re a stroller family with a 2 year old who would was better behaved on our trip last summer than most adults. Masks aren’t keeping us away.. no fireworks, characters, parades, and a pandemic will keep us away.

pdude81

And unpaid version of it works best.

Hell - dump the stupid prebooks and id sign to pay for maxpass from now on

Did you say unpan
If you have an on-site reservation, weather DVC or cash, you should not be worried about access to the parks. Every indication is that people with reservations will have first dibs on Park selection

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's very little chance of catching coronavirus from a pin pad. Norovirus maybe, but not so much coronavirus. Regardless, just wash your hands (or hand sanitize) afterwards and you're good to go.

The CDC did not say there was minimal risk of catching COVID by touching things, just 'not as much' than by air.

Otherwise, why would all the parks make part of their reopening plans, "We're sanitizing everything as much as we can!"

However, people should be washing/sanitizing their hands after touching a high-touch surface like a pin pad or elevator button not only for COVID but for colds and flus.

TrojanUSC

When do people think the College Program will return? I personally think that's a major indicator on the direction or timeline of how things will progress at Disney World. If there are no plans to bring back the college program till say next year, well then I don't think anyone should be holding their breathe for any type of normalcy to return to WDW in 2020. They rely on that college program to fulfill a significant role in their work force strategy and resort operations. Until they're brought back, I'm interpreting things as limited re-opening with restrictions in place. If we hear that the College program resumes in the fall (yes I know the "fall program" has been already cancelled but there is a later fall program that starts in September, I believe, and runs till about January from what I read) then I think there's hope for "normalcy" to return in 2020, maybe not fully but maybe close enough.

The way I see it (all speculation on my part obviously)....

-Disney gears up from now to their anticipated July opening. This allows them to gradually build up the workforce and operations, supplies needed etc in an organized fashion. Also allows them to observe what transpires at the other theme parks and make further decisions and possibly changes to how they move forward.

-As I understand (I can be wrong, I'm not following everything as closely as some other people on these forums), I believe the later fall college program is still a go for the later portion of the year. If Disney observes everything going smooth (according to whatever definition they consider "smooth) at the other theme parks, the virus is further dissipating along with perhaps the political climate and media coverage around it, they allow the college program to resume and gear up to closer to normal if not normal capacity and operations come September. If they see things unfolding in a manner they feel may not work, well then they simply cancel the college program come early-mid August and they just simply continue this very limited operations for the remainder of 2020 and gear up for "standard operating procedures" probably spring 2021 (wait out for the cold/flu season to pass).

They will return at some point, just a matter of when.

Also wouldn't put it past Disney to ramp up the program sooner rather than later, then instituting layoffs/early retirement for many FT cast members. The CP is one of the smartest scams Disney has ever come up with. They pay the lowest pay rate, don't have to pay benefits, and make money off the housing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Anyone else thinking and secretly hoping (I know I’m an awful person) that the face mask requirement for kids 2 and older will keep more families with younger kids and therefore strollers away from the parks at least initially?
It will keep some away but not all. I personally wouldn’t want to bring a toddler to WDW under the current restrictions. I’m sure there are many who wouldn‘t care. I can see it both ways. A kid is only 3 for one year so putting off a trip is easy but you can’t ever get the same trip back. For adults it may not matter as much but kids change fast. From a practical perspective it’s a lot of hoops to jump through with a small kid (more than I’d be willing to tolerate) but not everyone is practical like me.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
If you have an on-site reservation, weather DVC or cash, you should not be worried about access to the parks. Every indication is that people with reservations will have first dibs on Park selection
I’m not sure this is true. For one, see the tweet below. For two, I am basically certain that they can not accommodate all the guests that fit in their resorts in their parks with the capacities they are going to establish. When I hear Chapek say they are going to close resorts they don’t need, that they will open with much lower capacity than Universal, and that lines will be virtually nonexistent (paraphrasing all 3), I am reading between the lines there that the cap on attendance is going to be MUCH lower than most people are thinking.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m not sure this is true. For one, see the tweet below. For two, I am basically certain that they can not accommodate all the guests that fit in their resorts in their parks with the capacities they are going to establish. When I hear Chapek say they are going to close resorts they don’t need, that they will open with much lower capacity than Universal, and that lines will be virtually nonexistent (paraphrasing all 3), I am reading between the lines there tgat the cap on attendance is going to be MUCH smaller than most people are thinking.

Good info.

The original poster did say he had park hopper tickets already booked so in that case shouldn’t be an issue. It will probably not go over too big if people with rooms but no tickets don’t get any priority. What happens if I move my date back into the fall and I move my already purchased park tickets back to the new date. Does that mean I get no priority to park reservations since I didn’t have a room and park tickets for that date already booked? That’s gonna be a sticking point for some guests.

Clamman73

Didn’t see this email until now...I got this on Friday. I have a room reservation in Nov. and non-expiring tickets linked to me.
851393DA-6B33-4CDE-96B2-B6067E4BF30D.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom