News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

nickys

Premium Member
People need to be aware that the email has been sent to some without park tickets, with expired APs as well as those with valid tickets or APs. In other words, don’t assume because you got the email you’ll get priority.

I’m not sure this is true. For one, see the tweet below. For two, I am basically certain that they can not accommodate all the guests that fit in their resorts in their parks with the capacities they are going to establish. When I hear Chapek say they are going to close resorts they don’t need, that they will open with much lower capacity than Universal, and that lines will be virtually nonexistent (paraphrasing all 3), I am reading between the lines there that the cap on attendance is going to be MUCH lower than most people are thinking.

If that tweet is from a genuine Disney source, that sucks! I don’t know who that person is. There are all kinds of reasons why people may not already have tickets. I know of some cases where some people in their party have APs but not everyone. They will be seriously upset if they cannot book for everyone.

But keeping some resorts closed will help. I would hope that those with reservations already will all be able to get into a park each day.

durangojim

People need to be aware that the email has been sent to some without park tickets, with expired APs as well as those with valid tickets or APs. In other words, don’t assume because you got the email you’ll get priority.

If that tweet is from a genuine Disney source, that sucks! I don’t know who that person is. There are all kinds of reasons why people may not already have tickets. I know of some cases where some people in their party have APs but not everyone. They will be seriously upset if they cannot book for everyone.

But keeping some resorts closed will help. I would hope that those with reservations already will all be able to get into a park each day.
I agree with you but I think Disney is looking at this primarily from a financial standpoint. Who do they think who has reservations, who is going to spend the most money, and who will keep their reservations and attend for the dates already booked. I’m guessing but a party that already has tickets, had FPs and ADRs is in Disney’s eyes more of a “sure thing” than a group who didn’t or doesn’t have tickets. Following the idea that it’s about money, they’ll probably want to ensure their deluxe guests’ happiness and satisfaction first, then moderates, then values. If guest attendance is limited they want to capture as much revenue per guest that is possible.

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

She’s Travel & Leisure magazine’s Disney reporter. She is one of the people WDW leak info to on purpose.

My email did not say anything about priority. I have a September reservation but no current admission media.

So if we have already bought the park tickets and we are from the Disney resort, what would be the access with reservation to the park?

It gives me the feeling that the Disney managers are very lost and that this in a month can be totally different.

Jessbowman25

I just want to go to Disney 😭😭 Our original trip was scheduled for 4/27-5/1 and we rescheduled to the end of May. Then we decided to reschedule to the middle of June. Then my time off work wasn’t approved so we switched it to 6/29-7/4. I just had a bad feeling, so I went ahead and booked for 7/27-8/1 as well. Thank God I went ahead and booked it!! The anticipation is killing me as to how the reservation system is going to work 🥺.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So if we have already bought the park tickets and we are from the Disney resort, what would be the access with reservation to the park?

It gives me the feeling that the Disney managers are very lost and that this in a month can be totally different.
If you have a resort reservation and park tickets linked to it you will be given priority access to the park reservation system before any new tickets are sold. In other words there’s a pretty good shot you will get the park you want on the day you want. For anyone who doesn’t already have park tickets you will need to wait until they open new ticket sales and with those new tickets you will have the ability to book a specific park reservation each day. There’s been no certain confirmation if having a resort reservation will automatically give you a leg up on booking park reservations over people not staying on property. The assumption is it should in order to give people incentive to stay on property, especially since they canceled EMHs and the Disney Dining Plan and wiped all existing ADRs (Edit: plus no FP+ reservations at 60 days which is another huge perk removed).

Here is the exact wording from the Disney E-mail (bold is from the e-mail not me):

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new system as well as the process of making new dining and experience reservations. If you have previously booked experiences, you’ll also be provided with first access to make new reservations.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
She’s Travel & Leisure magazine’s Disney reporter. She is one of the people WDW leak info to on purpose.

My email did not say anything about priority. I have a September reservation but no current admission media.
I don’t think that not having priority over people with existing tickets when booking the park reservation is guaranteed to be a big deal. I still think on site guests will get priority over people off property. It only makes sense. Logistically they want to get past the backlog of existing reservations then focus on attracting more on site guests. It may be possible that they only allow off property guests to book same day park reservations or a few weeks in advance while on property will probably get the full 60 days they are doing for ADRs.

pdude81

I’m not sure this is true. For one, see the tweet below. For two, I am basically certain that they can not accommodate all the guests that fit in their resorts in their parks with the capacities they are going to establish. When I hear Chapek say they are going to close resorts they don’t need, that they will open with much lower capacity than Universal, and that lines will be virtually nonexistent (paraphrasing all 3), I am reading between the lines there that the cap on attendance is going to be MUCH lower than most people are thinking.

First I'm not sure who that person is on Twitter. Second I have seen numerous people with reservations and not tickets get an email that said they have Priority Access coming and to wait for more contact. It actually says they have tickets even though they don't.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I don’t think that not having priority over people with existing tickets when booking the park reservation is guaranteed to be a big deal. I still think on site guests will get priority over people off property. It only makes sense. Logistically they want to get past the backlog of existing reservations then focus on attracting more on site guests. It may be possible that they only allow off property guests to book same day park reservations or a few weeks in advance while on property will probably get the full 60 days they are doing for ADRs.
I also think that’s likely to be how priority works on paper, I just think they’ll run out of park reservations most days before they even finish the onsite with tickets crowd.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I keep saying this is really bad - hoping I’m worrying and wrong...

...this doesn’t help Instill my “lack of confidence”

DVCakaCarlF

So, as a result of the parks being closed, Disney realized that those of us with annual passes weren't getting what we paid for and has/is refunding our loss either with an actual refund or extending our passes. So if when they open they may deny us daily access, as a result of the reservation system, will they also further refund us for the fact that we still are being denied daily access. So if 1/3rd of passholders get denied reservations every day, will all passholders get a 33% discount? I have reservations at Disney hotels every month until the end of the year, however, if I am denied access to the parks, what is the point? Furthermore, I generally don't know which park I am going to each day until I get to the bus pickup, so I'm not liking the reservation system. Hopefully, they clear this up better and give hotel guest priority.
First, that’s why there’s a prorated refund policy. If you don’t like it, you can have your money back.

I don’t think they “owe” anyone anything outside of the obligations of the purchase agreement.

That being said, and, to your point, yes, on site guests should have a priority. The AP, FL resident, Club 33, DVC is just an enhancement to the on site guest status.

DVCakaCarlF

Without your pin code the liability for unrecognised transactions would transfer to the consumer. Paying with your phone + biometrics would eliminate the need for a pin, but if you really don't want to use your phone, bring desinfecting wipes with alcohol and dispose of them after the transaction.

I get so confused when people only point towards merchants and vendors for taking responsibility. It goes both ways, let them do their job and if you feel that they're not doing enough, take ownership and clean the object that you're worried about to the level you're comfortable with 🤷‍♂️
People want someone to blame...our society no longer empowers taking responsibility.

DVCakaCarlF

There’s more then enough capacity for onsite resort guests, even with lower attendance restrictions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So, as a result of the parks being closed, Disney realized that those of us with annual passes weren't getting what we paid for and has/is refunding our loss either with an actual refund or extending our passes. So if when they open they may deny us daily access, as a result of the reservation system, will they also further refund us for the fact that we still are being denied daily access. So if 1/3rd of passholders get denied reservations every day, will all passholders get a 33% discount? I have reservations at Disney hotels every month until the end of the year, however, if I am denied access to the parks, what is the point? Furthermore, I generally don't know which park I am going to each day until I get to the bus pickup, so I'm not liking the reservation system. Hopefully, they clear this up better and give hotel guest priority.
They’re giving you the chance to get your money back. And it sounds like you should take it.

If you want business as usual flexibility and then compensate you when it doesn’t happen...they aren’t gonna play that game.

It logistically doesn’t work. When you’re booked 90% every day of the year and then shut down for 4 months...the number cannot work as normal.

They drew a rather hard line on dvc. They are doing the same with APs...

If you want to express displeasure...remember to vote with your wallet! The only language that will work. Don’t run back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom