News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

donsullivan

Premium Member
You can do that, but it's a pain, and if your room balance gets too high before you add the gift card, they charge your credit card. Many other companies' apps have this capability; Disney just needs to catch up to ~2015 technology.
I'm sure there is some reason they have chosen not to add that feature whether it's demand for the feature is low so it's not a high priority, or there is some other technical or regulatory reason.

HouCuseChickie

I had this funny feeling Disney might wait until after the traditional 4th of July surge week had passed. While we've since rescheduled, I'd joked a while back with my husband that we might be there on the park reopening date. Our check in date had been July 11th. I'm glad to see some light at the end of the tunnel with the parks, but also glad we postponed. I think I can handle a mask all day in February, if it's still required, but not July and I really didn't want to be there right as things reopened. Our check out date was going to be July 15th, and no Epcot would have pushed me to cancel regardless.

csmat99

I have reservations for Oct 1st. If they are still requiring masks, I probably will not go. I get too claustrophobic feeling like I can not breathe. This would be the first year since 2003 that I did not go to WDW.
They still will be requiring masks until there is either treatment or vaccine and don't see that happening this year.

CaptainAmerica

A few other things to remember here. First, masks will get very sweaty quickly, and once damp will harbor bacteria, which can cause other infections. I don’t think Disney really wants that to happen either. My bet is they expect to be able to cancel the mask requirement before or shortly after they reopen.
Not to mention that most people have been using one single mask every day for the duration of this thing.

mhaftman7

I really wish Disney would update the information they “provide” while on hold. Was on hold for 90 minutes to get to someone who, by the tone of her voice, clearly was tired of being asked questions she couldn’t give definitive answers to. We don’t want to change our August reservation, but....

Cmdr_Crimson

It will be interesting to see how this will work especially with spreading out the park openings..My concern is that with the limited amount of guests going to DHS is it going to be the hardest one to get in to due to all the new attractions. Reservations would be pretty hard as you can see due to Batuu East.

Also, have their been any info about DME or how they are working with skyliner?

jmp85

Don't hope for the worst. December is still a long way to go. Things change very quickly. December has always been a super busy season. December 2020 might be a first where the holiday season might be tolerable for once and way less guests.

Definitely. I'm going to keep both until the last minute and hope for the best.

disneygeek90

They are trained to enforce rules outside of their area as well. Walking through the park and see a child climbing a tree? It’s their responsibility to ask them to get down. See someone smoking in the park? It’s their responsibility to direct them to the correct smoking area. Just as they are responsible for helping, they are also responsible for enforcing. This will be part of whatever new training the company will implement before they re-open.
I saw cast members speaking to guests after smoking was banned in the parks. I'm not sure how this is any different.

csmat99

I saw Epcot closed this year and September or later openings. Only after Universal forced them, was July floated out.
Where did you see Epcot closed rest of year? Some poster brought it up but no way would Disney keep it's cash cow closed. They can staff world showcase case with reg CM's for interim.

Giss Neric

I really wish Disney would update the information they “provide” while on hold. Was on hold for 90 minutes to get to someone who, by the tone of her voice, clearly was tired of being asked questions she couldn’t give definitive answers to. We don’t want to change our August reservation, but....
Well, they have a clear plan now since they have an opening date. Why not try again in a couple of days. It's understandable why they can't give you a clear answer since they themselves still are not clear but now they are.

Hawg G

BUT what about the FLORIDA SUN and all the OTHER factors that come into PLAY WHEN you wear a MASK in very HOT weather?? The CORONAVIRUS can be ABSORBED into the MASK and you will BREATHING it in. ALSO what if you WEAR GLASSES? They will STEAM up from all the HEAT and STEAM caused by the MASKS.

Wearing a mask with glasses is no fun.

But, honestly, I really think the folks that are going to the parks in July won’t be the ones petrified of the virus, and most will not wear masks, and will not be kicked out of the park by security.

Jennuh13

I am absolutely not going if this is how they will be opening.
1. a facemask in FLORIDA SUMMER?! No thanks
2. trying to KEEP A FACEMASK ON A CHILD IN FLORIDA SUMMER? No thanks.
3. parades, meet and greets, fireworks, etc not happening - ok goodbye magic. No thanks.
4. Not all rides will be operational. What?!

They didn't even mention a reduced rate for all that the park WON'T be offering. It's so disappointing that this is how they choose to re-open. This is truly going to hurt them, IMO. This would be so depressing to go to the parks this way. A whole entire team hired for this, and this is the result we get? Unreal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom