News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This one has already been proven wrong. I'm kind of surprised that they are opening what looks like all the resorts on the 11th, but that may be a detail that hasn't emerged just yet as they work out all the details. With the planned ramp of the parks, the details on this one will be interesting to watch. They will certainly not need all of their room capacity at least through the summer.
I still expect the hotels to be phased, but we will see.

Giss Neric

I am absolutely not going if this is how they will be opening.
1. a facemask in FLORIDA SUMMER?! No thanks
2. trying to KEEP A FACEMASK ON A CHILD IN FLORIDA SUMMER? No thanks.
3. parades, meet and greets, fireworks, etc not happening - ok goodbye magic. No thanks.
4. Not all rides will be operational. What?!

They didn't even mention a reduced rate for all that the park WON'T be offering. It's so disappointing that this is how they choose to re-open. This is truly going to hurt them, IMO. This would be so depressing to go to the parks this way. A whole entire team hired for this, and this is the result we get? Unreal.
You do realize all your complaints also applies to other theme parks. If they lowered the prices then the demand for reservations will be higher which means it will be harder to get reservations especially with the significantly lower park capacity.

Just don't go simple as that but criticizing that their plans are ridiculous is dumb. If Universal and Sea World is having the same measures as Disney then clearly they are all in the same page, well except for reservations of course.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well you can always use your DVC to go visit Universal Studios, Legoland, and Sea World....

I jest. But this is clearly to clear the points backlog.

Also I’m assuming under this plan Park Hopping is out of the question?
I can’t see park hopping working. Letting someone take up 2 reservations in the same day. Once capacity limits are increased then it should be back.

Jennuh13

You do realize all your complaints also applies to other theme parks. If they lowered the prices then the demand for reservations will be higher which means it will be harder to get reservations especially with the significantly lower park capacity.

Just don't go simple as that but criticizing that their plans are ridiculous is dumb. If Universal and Sea World is having the same measures as Disney then clearly they are all in the same page, well except for reservations of course.

I don't care about Universal or Sea World and we are discussing Disney reopening so why would I mention them? Disney could've chosen to do a lot of things differently from their counterparts. It is disappointing and I stand by my complaints.

Lilofan

I can’t confirm for sure but since water parks around Orlando are opening I can’t see them not opening. Just get to the pool by 6am because chairs spaced 6 feet apart will likely reduce capacity much below demand.
I would set my alarm and by 6am it would probably feel like a sticky 85 degrees out there already. There are no cool mornings in the summer at WDW.

mhaftman7

Well, they have a clear plan now since they have an opening date. Why not try again in a couple of days. It's understandable why they can't give you a clear answer since they themselves still are not clear but now they are.
I talked to my wife and we agreed to give it a week or two before calling back. She read somewhere that current reservations were going to be emailed “expectation” parameters

csmat99

This one has already been proven wrong. I'm kind of surprised that they are opening what looks like all the resorts on the 11th, but that may be a detail that hasn't emerged just yet as they work out all the details. With the planned ramp of the parks, the details on this one will be interesting to watch. They will certainly not need all of their room capacity at least through the summer.
There will be at least two resorts not opening because of NBA. One for players and coaches and other for media and others.

jsand99

I agree with this. You can’t put the genie back in the lamp or is it pandora back in the box...either way things are moving like an avalanche. What started as slow, steady and measured is not anymore. It’s a free for all. No point pretending there are rules which very few have any interest in following. By mid-July it’s possible masks and social distancing are both out. We could be back to pretty much normal.
This is how it is in my area. I would say maybe 15%-20% of people are wearing masks. People are going on vacations. The beaches have been packed for the last few weekends. All businesses are open and busy. People are having birthday parties, house parties, etc. Both of my neighbors had to have 20+ people at their houses this weekend. Everything seems like the "old normal" here. I know several families besides my own that have already cancelled their Disney trips or will be cancelling. No one that I know wants to pay thousands of dollars for dystopian Disney.

Seanual757

I can’t see park hopping working. Letting someone take up 2 reservations in the same day. Once capacity limits are increased then it should be back.

To be fair to all guests it should be 1 park per day and give guests on property priority followed by APH's, and then same day sales. The 1st few weeks should give them an idea on capacity and for all we know they could be well under capacity they see fit or max out daily.

Giss Neric

I don't care about Universal or Sea World and we are discussing Disney reopening so why would I mention them? Disney could've chosen to do a lot of things differently from their counterparts. It is disappointing and I stand by my complaints.
Well, I don't know that you don't care about other parks. I was assuming you are singling out just Disney when other theme parks are doing the same. This thread was in response to theme parks presenting their reopening strategies earlier and they all got approved.

Roy G. Dis

This is how it is in my area. I would say maybe 15%-20% of people are wearing masks. People are going on vacations. The beaches have been packed for the last few weekends. All businesses are open and busy. People are having birthday parties, house parties, etc. Both of my neighbors had to have 20+ people at their houses this weekend. Everything seems like the "old normal" here. I know several families besides my own that have already cancelled their Disney trips or will be cancelling. No one that I know wants to pay thousands of dollars for dystopian Disney.

That's pretty disappointing. You can't make a virus go ahead by pretending everything's normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom