News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Dad 2 M & M

About right...and in-line with the concerns I believe Disney already had.

Not rushing into anything.

The mask requirement is the big issue now. Enjoy bastille day in Epcot with a mask in a 115 heat undex.

I’m curious to see what demand will be?
Haven’t perused this entire thread so apologies if I’m repeating what has been said.....

what will demand be? Phased closings anyone? Not sure what the new look Phased Closings will be, but I’d imagine they’ll hit and happen...
If the beaches in South Carolina are any indication, the Magic will be packed

Dad 2 M & M

I'm guessing a huge surge of pent up demand initially and then a dramatic crash to 9/11 levels or worse.
Definitely huge initially.....who know how long that will last....and how long the crash will last as well....some just want to get back something “normal “....but those peeps might be horrified when they step in that new World and see that version of Magic...

Jimdalva

I will go in July , and I will wear a mask. IF the crowds are Very lite, I may be able to walk, with my mask lowered, from one attraction to the next, without coming anywhere near another person. Once I approach people at the entrance, the mask goes back up. This can give you a 10 min 'mask' break many times during the day. This all depends on crowd levels.

VaderTron

@marni1971 or anyone, do we know if the reservation days count for AP days? Or is the countdown frozen still while you have to reserve and can't park hop?

THIS!!!

When I called about my AP and asked about it's extension I specifically asked when the clock would start again. I was told when the theme parks reopen. I asked, "You mean when they reopen or when they reopen for ME to go?" We went back and forth a few times. Finally I said, "So what I'm hearing is that you will not restart the clock on my pass again until I am allowed to go to all four parks again? The CM said yes. I felt even then that he was lying since my verbal approval was required to accept the terms of my pass extension. We'll see...

Ben_since_1971

In addition to reduced hours, it looks like you can’t purchase MNSSHP tickets either. I’m look at the week of 10/18 where I have tentative plans to return.
They have probably paused all reservations until they A. figure out how it will all work; and B. get their computer systems updated. Despite the changes in park hours, the calendar is still reflecting the MNSSHP. Obviously it could change, but for now they are on - well at least Sept 13 when I am supposed to be going.

csmat99

Time will tell. Still guessing there are some advocating for scaling back numbers in exchange for lower overhead/higher profits. VQs would have to be part of the formula. Yes guests would pay more but in theory would have a more streamlined experience. Wouldn't be surprised to see APs phased out also over time.

Changes seem inevitable as I mentioned. Lots of good and bad possible as a result.
APs will never be phased out. 🤣This isn't discovery cove. This is a THEME PARK that requires millions of people to come per year.

Ben_since_1971

I will go in July , and I will wear a mask. IF the crowds are Very lite, I may be able to walk, with my mask lowered, from one attraction to the next, without coming anywhere near another person. Once I approach people at the entrance, the mask goes back up. This can give you a 10 min 'mask' break many times during the day. This all depends on crowd levels.
I am hoping they go with a policy like Massachusetts has - Masks mandatory in public if social distancing cannot be maintained. So if you are walking from Tomorrowland to Liberty Square and there is no one around, I see no problem with lowering, even if you pass people going the other way. But once you get to the hub and there is a crowd (unlikely with new normal but humor me), then it would be necessary to mask up. Enter a store - mask. Enter a queue - mask. Want to sit on a wall and people watch - go ahead and lower if you can maintain distance from others.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
THIS!!!

When I called about my AP and asked about it's extension I specifically asked when the clock would start again. I was told when the theme parks reopen. I asked, "You mean when they reopen or when they reopen for ME to go?" We went back and forth a few times. Finally I said, "So what I'm hearing is that you will not restart the clock on my pass again until I am allowed to go to all four parks again? The CM said yes. I felt even then that he was lying since my verbal approval was required to accept the terms of my pass extension. We'll see...
If they do the same at WDW as they have already done at Shanghai for AP holders, your AP end date will be extended the number of days from the start of the park closings until the end of the mandatory park reservation system. There is no reason to think that they will do anything else.

VaderTron

If they do the same at WDW as they have already done at Shanghai for AP holders, your AP end date will be extended the number of days from the start of the park closings until the end of the mandatory park reservation system. There is no reason to think that they will do anything else.

The reason that comes to mind is, what if I get a mandatory park reservation and enter the park with my AP? Does that count toward the clock? Do I get in for "free"?

danv3

I am hoping they go with a policy like Massachusetts has - Masks mandatory in public if social distancing cannot be maintained. So if you are walking from Tomorrowland to Liberty Square and there is no one around, I see no problem with lowering, even if you pass people going the other way. But once you get to the hub and there is a crowd (unlikely with new normal but humor me), then it would be necessary to mask up. Enter a store - mask. Enter a queue - mask. Want to sit on a wall and people watch - go ahead and lower if you can maintain distance from others.

This approach is even harder to enforce though. CMs would have to make judgment calls about whether a mask was required in a given situation. If they're going to require masks, doing so all the the time is easier to administer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Haven’t perused this entire thread so apologies if I’m repeating what has been said.....

what will demand be? Phased closings anyone? Not sure what the new look Phased Closings will be, but I’d imagine they’ll hit and happen...
If the beaches in South Carolina are any indication, the Magic will be packed
Do beaches in South Carolina Involve 80% flights, long car rides and/or $5,000-10,000 weekly bills to pack?

I’d say it’s a tad easier.

I don’t know what the demand will be...I know what’s been released and the “adjustments” hasn’t looked too promising so far.

My guess is intial surge with very low capacity being reached...then an overall drop in demand in the fall. There’s so much up in the air from a schedule disruption/economic standpoint...I don’t see a business as usual fall.

But I’ve been wrong before...

Last edited:

Peter Pan's Shadow

THIS!!!

I'm going to call too. Have to see if I can forward some of my perks from the July 3rd trip to carry forward to our October trip (that I already paid for). I'm thinking it would be easier for me if I'd only put down a deposit, but maybe I'm wrong. Had a few multi-passes, free dining and a healthy room discount. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I get it all.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Didn't know that's how they did it. Thx for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom