News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Roy G. Dis

The problem with the "if you don't want to wear a mask" attitude is fine if it was to prevent yourself from getting sick, but it isn't. The reason to wear a mask to protect others from you in case you're infected and don't know it. Since the virus is more infectious before showing symptoms -- and it only works if everyone is wearing a mask. If the number of new cases skyrocket and especially if its traced back to theme parks, they will be closed again. And probably until there's a vaccine.

Wear the mask. or stay home.

I can't believe it's May 27th and you still have to spend time explaining this to people. With a certain percentage of the population thre really is no getting through to them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What else is new! I was all ready to post a slew of bookmarked posts today from the past few months but have been told repeatedly why that would be rude of me. So, I figure, what else is new. If anything, my neighbors have been spared yet again my nude running through the neighborhood singing "Rocketman".
Again...get video 😉

The predictions were all in flux because of the VIRUS, health/liability concerns and virus.

I think it’s died down a lot more quickly than anticipated...so the opening is sooner than I thought a month ago. I was thinking after the summer season (8/15)...

But that being said...they still aren’t in a hurry at all.

So anyone predicting quick startups or that Disney “needed” to open is dead wrong...that’s not what’s happening here.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
What I can't figure out is how resale has remained so stable through this. I would have expected the over-extended financers to have listed en masse and crashed the price. I'm regretting not buying AKV when they were $80 a point a few years ago.
Because just maybe, the naysayers didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about? 🧐

PeoplemoverTTA

Well I voted June, but we have a reservation starting July 12 for 12 nights at the GF. I have all my FPs for the appropriate parks and a table service restaurant each night. I’m looking forward to going but only if Disney will guarantee me entrance to the parks, rides, and restaurants we’ve made the reservations for. If not we may go for a short trip in December because our APs will have been extended out that far, but we’ll see.

I'm curious -- and correct me if I'm wrong because it's been awhile now -- but you had COVID-19, right? And you're a doctor? I'm curious if and how that impacts your comfort level with visiting the park in July.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They’ve crept down about 20%...i always watch.

I think the bottoms falls out when the economic numbers really start to take hold and massive job loss is here to stay. We’re not there yet.

But also remember that those are “asking” prices and people tend to try to “cash out” when they think they’re still on the top of the wave.

And as far as DAKL at $80...That’s exactly what I’m thinking of doing...it’s $100-110 now...won’t be long.
I don't know where you are seeing that, as I've kept checking, and they haven't really fallen at all on the 3 different sites I check.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Any word about theater performances etc.? My understanding was that they were suspended in Shanghai.....
They said experiences that cause large group gatherings would return at a later date. They specifically called out parades and nighttime shows. No specifics on other shows. Since it will likely still be phase 2 when they open that’s any gathering over 25 people. That’s assuming they follow the cdc and government recommendations like they said they would. All bets are off now so they could just ramp all that stuff up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know where you are seeing that, as I've kept checking, and they haven't really fallen at all on the 3 different sites I check.
They have...the timeshare store prices have fallen for most mid range contracts.

I have emailed updates (hotmail doesn’t delete) that are significantly hirer earlier in year.

There have been 40,000,000 new UE claims in two months...the party’s over for dvc contract polecatting...stop drilling for oil.

That’s how actual practical economics works.

Last edited:

Peter Pan's Shadow

I'm in a similar, yet decidedly worse situation. We have July 6-16 booked. I realize there's no longer any chance this trip happens. Hoping we at least get some kind of recovery offer, though I doubt it. There have been so many cancelations and its not Disney's fault. They can't offer everything to everyone.

On a side note, I wonder if the 11th has anything to do with the free dining offer that was for stays through... the 9th? I can't remember the date they ended, but it was somewhere around 7/9. It would have further complicated things to have free dining guests. That's assuming resorts are open at all by then.
Not sure if it's relevant anymore, but I got free dining from moving my trip from March to July. Just because it was moved due closure. Wasn't a time frame offer.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I’ve seen some boardwalk contracts listed for around $120...that’s down a solid 20% from a year of two ago...

Still nuts for 22 years of something that was originally $50 though...however.
Umm, not even close to right. The average resale price of Boardwalk in 2018 was $112/point - which is pretty much where it's at now.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
$10,000 for the year is doable in dvc. If you go 2 or more times.

Have you noticed the food prices?
Of course we know all about the food prices. We usually go 2-3 times every year, and spend about $1500-2000 per visit, so nowhere near a $10,000. Oh, and we don't cook or eat in our room at all. Now I will grant you, this is only for the 2 of us, so a family of 4 or 5, that visits 2-3 times per year, could hit the $10,000 mark, but then, so do a lot of cash paying guests with only 1 trip.

Gravydeen

I'm in a similar, yet decidedly worse situation. We have July 6-16 booked. I realize there's no longer any chance this trip happens. Hoping we at least get some kind of recovery offer, though I doubt it. There have been so many cancelations and its not Disney's fault. They can't offer everything to everyone.

On a side note, I wonder if the 11th has anything to do with the free dining offer that was for stays through... the 9th? I can't remember the date they ended, but it was somewhere around 7/9. It would have further complicated things to have free dining guests. That's assuming resorts are open at all by then.
We have the free dining for our 7/10 - 7/17. I guess maybe they have changed that some.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom