News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will once again use virtual queue boarding groups

My guess is that the ride is still not reliable and rather than disappointing a two hour wait queue by turning a huge crowd away, they have a controlled, fewer number of guests to dump out of the queue when it goes down.

Lilofan

A member posted on the MK July opening thread that the AC in the monorails is turned off during cast and annual passholder previews. During these covid times that's not going to go over well.

TrainsOfDisney

My guess is that the ride is still not reliable and rather than disappointing a two hour wait queue by turning a huge crowd away, they have a controlled, fewer number of guests to dump out of the queue when it goes down.

Yeah that’s my thinking too. If it could operate reliably there would be no need for the reservations right now if FOP is any indication.

I’m wondering if that photo of 7 dwarves mine train reopening helped them make this decision.

Pangyal

I wonder if using the boarding groups precludes guests from being able to ride more than once per day. I know that with the previous boarding groups, when the attraction was in full swing in late winter, getting a BG meant that you were not eligible to try for another one later in the day, even if you were on the first ride of the morning.

gerarar

Premium Member
I wonder if using the boarding groups precludes guests from being able to ride more than once per day. I know that with the previous boarding groups, when the attraction was in full swing in late winter, getting a BG meant that you were not eligible to try for another one later in the day, even if you were on the first ride of the morning.
According to DPB, you can only get a BG/join VQ once per day:

“In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.”

With limited attendance, it should be easier to get a BG I imagine, even though there may be less spots available at each time slot/release.

milordsloth

According to DPB, you can only get a BG/join VQ once per day:

“In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.”

With limited attendance, it should be easier to get a BG I imagine, even though there may be less spots available at each time slot/release.

Interesting. On the one hand I was hoping to ride more than once in a day, but on the other with the reliability and popularity I'm sure this will increase my chance of even getting to ride once per day. I'll find out firsthand on wednesday!

Parker in NYC

Just what I thought. We’ll have a cure for COVID before they find one for Rise’s... issues.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey, Jack ( @przidentkendall ), when you said this in your recent video...

And so to begin the first thing these parks will be operating at a reduced capacity level. As Disney CEO Bob Chapek has stated it will begin with a few thousand guests and incrementally increase on a weekly basis until they reach 30% of the park’s maximum capacity.

Wasn't that what Chapek said about Shanghai? Do you have a source saying it will be the same for WDW?

Chapek on Shanghai:

Chapek on WDW:

Also, wondering what your source is for the parks' capacities...

1594441115964.png

Thanks!

brb1006

Well, tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day for the resort. :oops:

However, I'm looking forward to upcoming posts by newer members going all KatieBug on this. :hilarious:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am so friggin' old....... What does it mean to go 'KatieBug'?
Behold:

SoCalMort

Behold:

Thanks!

Before requesting an explanation I did do due diligence and consulted the UrbanDictionary re the term KatieBug:

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 2.51.01 AM.png

So - given that's who she is and of what she is worthy - you know, she kinda has a valid point...

Lilofan

According to Orlando WFTV news the cast members are really struggling. Only 39% of resort housekeeping and food and beverage cast members were recalled back however parks are doing better with over 80% of attractions and custodial cast members recalled back to work.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

And so to begin the first thing these parks will be operating at a reduced capacity level. As Disney CEO Bob Chapek has stated it will begin with a few thousand guests and incrementally increase on a weekly basis until they reach 30% of the park’s maximum capacity.

Wasn't that what Chapek said about Shanghai? Do you have a source saying it will be the same for WDW?

Chapek on Shanghai:

Chapek on WDW:

View attachment 482822

Thanks!

Those controlled capacities are way off.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Chapek on Shanghai:

Chapek on WDW:

View attachment 482822

Thanks!

Those capacity numbers are all fantasy. Before and after reopening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom