News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Disney Analyst

I’d guess it’s because Disney is the big one. The one that’s going to draw people to travel. Other amusement and theme parks don’t have nearly the scope and scale as Disney. Universal has a handful of resorts to deal with. The DVC program is another problem entirely.

They have just so many balls up in the air. That’s clear based on the sheer amount of updates they’ve had to do before opening than Universal did. Usually it works well for them, just not in the midst of a pandemic.

Sure, and they are releasing all the information they need to before hand to reopen.

I just don’t understand the narrative that they need to justify opening so early... when everyone else is...

Chomama

Yes, your response does help. What options were you given as an alternate resort?
We chose bay lake but were offered to check availability at any DVC resort. Poly villas were also available. We were not offered to upgrade, just a studio. I’m sure there are lots of varying experiences but this was mine :)

Brooklin Disney Dad

I'm honestly mind blown that we haven't seen any movement towards pushing it back.
Shocked is my feeling! How can a governor encourage tourists now? Moreover, why would you even wish to go? Regardless of where the cases are in Florida, you are inviting potentially sick people to your resort, people who may infect your hotels and cast members. Rediculous and irresponsible if you ask me. FLA and a few other states need to stop giving in to economic pressure.

SoFloMagic

The trend in these numbers is obviously not good, but what should be the ‘breaking point’ that causes Disney or Universal to roll back?
I mean we're at 4,700 daily cases and a 12% positive rate. I'd say this is the worst case scenario, but it just keeps getting worse.

If a week from now we're at 6,000 with a 15% positive rate, you'd think they'd have seen enough.

SoFloMagic

This is the 7 day rolling average?
No, single day. Rolling for last week was 8.4, which was almost double previous week's of 4.21. This week's average hasn't been released, but daily has been 7.4-17.3%. Will likely be around 11-12% for the week (depending on number of tests going into each number), which is another 4-point increase in positivity.

Food for thought - I believe the governor said when he announced reopening was that his "magic number" for considering rolling back was 15% or so. At that point we were at like 2%.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
10.6%

1592766430838.png

Mainahman

Im curious what will happen with us. Were at ALl Stars, and its not every resort that has suites, thats why we went to all stars. Ill have to be moved, but were not until august, and i dont exactly want to have to pay DVC prices for something that they are choosing to keep closed. Was not closed in September when we booked.

peter11435

Im curious what will happen with us. Were at ALl Stars, and its not every resort that has suites, thats why we went to all stars. Ill have to be moved, but were not until august, and i dont exactly want to have to pay DVC prices for something that they are choosing to keep closed. Was not closed in September when we booked.
Depending on when your dates are you would likely be moved to art of animation.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Before it opens, and i wouldnt turn that down. We arrive on august 9th, and leave on the 15th. They dont open until the 12th..
If there isn’t really an equivalent option to a family suite in the resorts that will be open maybe they offer 2 rooms at Pop with a connecting door. Isn’t that pretty much the same thing from a size prospective. The 2BR villa at a DVC resort would be big enough too but a costly upgrade. You could also look into moving back a week when AoA opens if that’s possible for your travel plans. Just throwing out ideas...no clue what Disney will actually offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom