News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Miss Bella

Seems like with 8 teams they will only need about 300 rooms. There have been some conflicting rumors on whether media and other staff would be at CSR or other places. It sounded like maybe they were on their own. It would still be problematic to try to open CSR but it may be that the older rooms not in the tower just go unused.
Regardless I’m getting moved. The Dolphin is 165.00 a night. I’d rather stay there due to the location. I don’t think you can link anything to MDE right now if I did book a room there. Im too afraid to mess things up. So I wait.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Some of the mods on dis had reported their APs were extended. I think they’re probably reliable enough sources.

DisneyCane

Funny, when I get angry, I don't put people in harm's way. If the outlet is to not follow social distancing restrictions, that has a domino effect. Children listen and watch what their parents do or other "adults" do. Not following social distancing restrictions as a kind of line in the sand is a ridiculous expression of anger. Too bad that when I get angry, I try and follow the guidelines all the more. And yes, I did read the first part of your paragraph. It still doesn't mean that the answer is to bang your fists thinking it'll change anything except inspire other people to exhibit or adopt the same behavior.
I agree that it isn't a good or productive way to express anger. If I owned a "non essential" business, my way would have been to file suit to allow me to operate in the same manner with the same procedures as an essential business. I'm just saying that based on observations and listening to people that it is a reason for the reactions.

Rider

It's probably some sort of mainframe batch update being processed so it's no surprise that it's slowly rolling out across millions of passes.

Miss Bella

I was able to link my Waldorf stay to MDE yesterday so you might be able to.
Can I have two resorts linked for the same dates? Should I just book the dolphin and wait to link it if I don’t like where Disney puts me. I believe the Dolphin is just a one night deposit.

I’m also thinking they might give priority on park reservations to Disney resort guests so that’s another consideration.

By the way how far is the Waldorf from the park?

I hope we find out something soon .

durangojim

Can I have two resorts linked for the same dates? Should I just book the dolphin and wait to link it if I don’t like where Disney puts me. I believe the Dolphin is just a one night deposit.

I’m also thinking they might give priority on park reservations to Disney resort guests so that’s another consideration.

I do. I have Waldorf and French quarter. Both show up on mde for the same night.
Maybe 1 1/2 miles to DHS/EPCOT?
31C3ECDA-934B-48AA-9660-AE2CBB52A233.jpeg

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member

If you figure all this stuff out you should get some sort of advanced degree ;););)

Who knew booking a Disney vacation could actually get more complicated :cool:

oceanbreeze77

This is what I immediately thought of as well. When it first opened at DL, we had to reserve a time slot on a specific date to get into Galaxy's a Edge and this looks similar. From a programming standpoint, it's probably easier to build off of the existing code.
YES! Exactly. I figured they would use something like this the day the closed.

Miss Bella

I do. I have Waldorf and French quarter. Both show up on mde for the same night.
Maybe 1 1/2 miles to DHS/EPCOT?
View attachment 477287
Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm diamond level with Hilton. I was getting ready to switch to the yacht or WL I wasn't expecting them to shut down reservations. It was almost as shocking as the Covid shut down. I have little hope that I'll be moved to a MK resort. Riviera would be great, but all the other options don't thrill me. I think I'd rather be at the Dolphin or maybe the Waldorf. I plan on lyfting everywhere since it sounds like the busses are going to be a PITA.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Do they have screen shots or just saying it? You would think it would be something done all at once (or in a short time frame) with an update. Mine still have the original expiration date.

Just looked. My AP and the APs of 3 of my kids have been pushed out nearly 4 months. My original expiration would have been March 5, 2021, and it's now July 2, 2021.

techgeek

I was just looking through hours on the app, and noticed that both water parks are listed as open 10a-8p starting on 7/11. Has that been officially announced somewhere and I missed it? I still see nothing at all regarding the water parks on the WDW phased reopening page. I’m a little surprised at the 8pm close, they were never shy about cutting hours back even on normal years.

Do we think there will be a reservation requirement for waterpark admission?

disneygeek90

I was just looking through hours on the app, and noticed that both water parks are listed as open 10a-8p starting on 7/11. Has that been officially announced somewhere and I missed it? I still see nothing at all regarding the water parks on the WDW phased reopening page. I’m a little surprised at the 8pm close, they were never shy about cutting hours back even on normal years.

No official announcement regarding the water parks. I’d be kind of surprised if they opened with the theme parks at this point.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Strange you can see hours on the website also.

DisneyCane

Overnight my expiration changed from 1/15/21 to 5/12/21. Looks like they are using the MK/AK reopening date as being "reopen" with respect to APs. IIRC correctly 3/16 was the closing date and 3/16-7/11 is 117 days which matches 1/15-5/12.

DisneyDebRob

Overnight my expiration changed from 1/15/21 to 5/12/21. Looks like they are using the MK/AK reopening date as being "reopen" with respect to APs. IIRC correctly 3/16 was the closing date and 3/16-7/11 is 117 days which matches 1/15-5/12.
Which is in line with the reported 4 month extension. Good to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom