News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

disneygeek90

I'm wondering what's up with those times. Will we need to reserve a time as well as a day? Does everyone in the party have to have the same time? I'm a rope-dropper, but my husband's medical issues force him to arrive much later in the day...
For the 2 full days Universal used reservations for AP's, you were able to arrive after your time. I'm not sure how strict they were on arriving before your time.

flutas

I'm wondering what's up with those times. Will we need to reserve a time as well as a day? Does everyone in the party have to have the same time? I'm a rope-dropper, but my husband's medical issues force him to arrive much later in the day...

Disneyland at least does seem to have a Date and Time aspect to reservations rather than just Date.

Miss Bella

Which in a way has lead to more questions...
  1. With YC out of the picture will BC even open and if it does when will the main pool open?
  2. Will they keep the entire Gf resort closed (except DVC tower) or will they allow regular guests in some rooms and just carve out an area for NBA, if it’s a carve out could they do that at YC and CSR too?
  3. For anyone scheduled to stay at the 3 impacted resorts what happens to their reservations? When will they find out and will they get upgraded or something else from Disney?
From what I've read they are taking over the whole CSR resort for the duration of the playoffs. It's been posted which teams are where.

flutas

probably similar to our galaxy edge process

Nope (*at least from what I remember.)

ROTR doesn't operate on a specific return time, though. This would operate more like FP+.

Yep

disneyland_date_time.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From what I've read they are taking over the whole CSR resort for the duration of the playoffs. It's been posted which teams are where.
Seems like with 8 teams they will only need about 300 rooms. There have been some conflicting rumors on whether media and other staff would be at CSR or other places. It sounded like maybe they were on their own. It would still be problematic to try to open CSR but it may be that the older rooms not in the tower just go unused.

DisneyOutsider

Reports from other fan communities of select AP holders having their expiration updated and pushed out 4 months from the original expiration. Mine is still the original date (Platinum AP expired 6/5/2020), but there seems to be enough smoke here to yell fire.

DisneyCane

Reports from other fan communities of select AP holders having their expiration updated and pushed out 4 months from the original expiration. Mine is still the original date (Platinum AP expired 6/5/2020), but there seems to be enough smoke here to yell fire.

Do they have screen shots or just saying it? You would think it would be something done all at once (or in a short time frame) with an update. Mine still have the original expiration date.

disneygeek90

Do they have screen shots or just saying it? You would think it would be something done all at once (or in a short time frame) with an update. Mine still have the original expiration date.
It seems to be rolling out. I noted my parents' tickets have updated but mine has not. My friend's has also not updated.

DisneyCane

The line is percent positive of total tests in florida daily using a 7 day moving average. a definite upward trend. Up to 7 percent positive of total tests taken.

Snap-2020-06-17-at-14-21-58.png

This is from:
The 7 day moving average of positive test percentage is relatively meaningless because the number of tests is different every day. To mean anything it would have to do the percentage for the sum total of all tests and all positives over the last 7 days.

Regardless, for the positive test rate to have any meaningful value, it has to be new case positives out of newly tested people. Even then it is highly dependent on things like purposely testing a few hundred migrant workers on one day that live in a crowded dorm together and travel on a crowded bus together.

Parker in NYC

I do practice social distancing personally and wear a mask when required. I think what triggered a lot of the social distance backlash is that the restrictions went too far and didn't allow for some semblance of normal life with social distancing included. Instead, all of the "non-essential" business weren't allowed to operate at all in some cases or under drastically changed, non-profitable business models in others. This caused a level of anger among a significant percentage of the population (me included) and caused some to want to make a statement by not following social distancing restrictions. If "Phase 1" had been the original mitigation method, the vast majority would have accepted it as reasonable and I don't think you would see the refusal situations now.

Funny, when I get angry, I don't put people in harm's way. If the outlet is to not follow social distancing restrictions, that has a domino effect. Children listen and watch what their parents do or other "adults" do. Not following social distancing restrictions as a kind of line in the sand is a ridiculous expression of anger. Too bad that when I get angry, I try and follow the guidelines all the more. And yes, I did read the first part of your paragraph. It still doesn't mean that the answer is to bang your fists thinking it'll change anything except inspire other people to exhibit or adopt the same behavior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom