News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

beertiki

Advertisement
There seems to be decent coverage in the news of the 15 people who went to the same bar and all caught the virus. It wasn't to hard to figure out the one place they had in common.

Disney does not want that type of coverage. They will do what ever is necessary avoid that outcome. This might be social distancing, masks, bars closed, rides closed. It also might go as far as not opening next month.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We did learn today that the NBA will be using three resorts. Other than that there is not much to report.
Which in a way has lead to more questions...
  1. With YC out of the picture will BC even open and if it does when will the main pool open?
  2. Will they keep the entire Gf resort closed (except DVC tower) or will they allow regular guests in some rooms and just carve out an area for NBA, if it’s a carve out could they do that at YC and CSR too?
  3. For anyone scheduled to stay at the 3 impacted resorts what happens to their reservations? When will they find out and will they get upgraded or something else from Disney?

Disstevefan1

There seems to be decent coverage in the news of the 15 people who went to the same bar and all caught the virus. It wasn't to hard to figure out the one place they had in common.

Disney does not want that type of coverage. They will do what ever is necessary avoid that outcome. This might be social distancing, masks, bars closed, rides closed. It also might go as far as not opening next month.
This is where the contact tracing is so important. Who knows, there could be one of those "COVID superspreaders" in that bar!

TeriofTerror

For a quick look at the current proposed (DLR) reservation system, which I'd expect the WDW system to be similar to.

View attachment 477183
I'm wondering what's up with those times. Will we need to reserve a time as well as a day? Does everyone in the party have to have the same time? I'm a rope-dropper, but my husband's medical issues force him to arrive much later in the day...

disneygeek90

I'm wondering what's up with those times. Will we need to reserve a time as well as a day? Does everyone in the party have to have the same time? I'm a rope-dropper, but my husband's medical issues force him to arrive much later in the day...
For the 2 full days Universal used reservations for AP's, you were able to arrive after your time. I'm not sure how strict they were on arriving before your time.

flutas

Disneyland at least does seem to have a Date and Time aspect to reservations rather than just Date.

LUVMCO

Which in a way has lead to more questions...
  1. With YC out of the picture will BC even open and if it does when will the main pool open?
  2. Will they keep the entire Gf resort closed (except DVC tower) or will they allow regular guests in some rooms and just carve out an area for NBA, if it’s a carve out could they do that at YC and CSR too?
  3. For anyone scheduled to stay at the 3 impacted resorts what happens to their reservations? When will they find out and will they get upgraded or something else from Disney?
From what I've read they are taking over the whole CSR resort for the duration of the playoffs. It's been posted which teams are where.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From what I've read they are taking over the whole CSR resort for the duration of the playoffs. It's been posted which teams are where.
Seems like with 8 teams they will only need about 300 rooms. There have been some conflicting rumors on whether media and other staff would be at CSR or other places. It sounded like maybe they were on their own. It would still be problematic to try to open CSR but it may be that the older rooms not in the tower just go unused.

DisneyOutsider

Reports from other fan communities of select AP holders having their expiration updated and pushed out 4 months from the original expiration. Mine is still the original date (Platinum AP expired 6/5/2020), but there seems to be enough smoke here to yell fire.

DisneyCane

Reports from other fan communities of select AP holders having their expiration updated and pushed out 4 months from the original expiration. Mine is still the original date (Platinum AP expired 6/5/2020), but there seems to be enough smoke here to yell fire.
Do they have screen shots or just saying it? You would think it would be something done all at once (or in a short time frame) with an update. Mine still have the original expiration date.

Top Bottom