News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

BobPar

Well I don’t get the timing at all

They gonna release on 12/8?!! Chaos

No way…
1/2 or 1/9 looks like the soft zone…
But why would they let this crap out now?

This one has got me stumped…
Does anything this company does anymore make sense? Raise prices for the Christmas season for possibly last minute day trips? No clue…. Hoping for a rush before Splash closes to fill up the soft January month?

MrPromey

No way…

Three thoughts:

1) Put distance between the increase and the date available so the news about the increase has blown over before anyone has a chance to buy?

2) Do this now when it doesn't seem to matter so they can do it again in Jan/Feb when they're actually available like BobPar said and there's been enough time people only notice that increase having been more than a year since they last had the chance to buy?

3) They still have renewals to milk and this'll trickle down to them whether they open up new purchases or not.

Last edited:

fgmnt

No way…

I think in their perfect world they would start sales for them now but not let you activate them until the middle of january, but that could prove to cause some strife technically/operationally.

Chip Chipperson

Three thoughts:

1) Put distance between the increase and the date available so the news about the increase has blown over before anyone has a chance to buy?

2) Do this now when it doesn't seem to matter so they can do it again in Jan/Feb when they're actually available like BobPar said and there's been enough time people don't connect the two?

3) They still have renewals to milk and this'll trickle down to them whether they open up new purchases or not.

I agree with #3 at the very least. Even though the original tweet that was shared here said that renewal pricing wasn't available yet, we all know that renewal prices are based off the "new sales" prices, so it's not a stretch to think that renewal prices will increase by a similar amount (perhaps a bit less if they bake the renewal discount into increases as well). So even if you can't buy a new pass on 12/8, you can renew an expiring pass and that effective date will almost certainly apply to any price increase for renewals, too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why presell a pass now at a lower price when you can presell a pass later at a higher price?
All the theories have “gaps” in them…which is why I’m struggling

I’m not prone to “struggling” on these things

…now this weird tinkering to the dining res thing?

…and by the way…you went for it without much bait. Bad boy 🐶

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

If I had to guess, it was to maximize capacity to accommodate walkups in the event of a no-show. I do know that Disney is very liberal about canceling dining reservations day of and I would be surprised if very many people ever did pay the no-show penalty.

Also it's no coincidence that you could continue to modify your dining reservation in the app up until 2 hours prior. Like modify it to another day and then cancel it. But only bad people would ever use that loophole.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If I had to guess, it was to maximize capacity to accommodate walkups in the event of a no-show. I do know that Disney is very liberal about canceling dining reservations day of and I would be surprised if very many people ever did pay the no-show penalty.

Also it's no coincidence that you could continue to modify your dining reservation in the app up until 2 hours prior. Like modify it to another day and then cancel it. But only bad people would ever use that loophole.
They did used to try to hold the line on that for awhile…you had to bother to fight it out.

But it was lax on the strict days too

threvester

Last year was the big increase, they took the photo pass and water parks out as well as bumped the price. My renewal was 1300...looking at 1400 this year. Still not bad considering I just bought my niece 5 day hoppers for january and it came to almost 700

CampbellzSoup

All the we talk but I’ll never let go of my pass again I really think one day they’ll just axe them.

If you think Disney is completely unaffordable I always tell everyone avoid the hotels and food and just do park tickets.

Has anyone honestly had anything outstanding meal wise for the cost? It’s not about being cheap as I went to Aulani and two Disney cruises this year I just think thier food and hotels are rip offs.

BobPar

…and by the way…you went for it without much bait. Bad boy 🐶
Honestly the dining thing is a non event & probably saves them on people on the phone issuing refunds because there has never been a time where i was not credited my money back even cancelling day of... times ive been charged and simply called or emailed one of the departments (just did this on my last trip) and they refunded us our money... so imo now its like hey we are giving you literally a full pass up to 2 hours... no more refunds.... curious to see if this creates a problem now with people truly booking up places to eat and waiting til last couple hours as opposed to the night before. For most part plenty of places would open up day or 2 before while on vacation bc of the cancel before midnight rule now with a 2 hour window literally leaves people last minute options which can create empty restaurants

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom