News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That is not correct. The lowest priced ticket is a 1-day Animal Kingdom ticket, not "the lowest price ticket is only available one day."

It's still silly PR spin, but not quite what you said.

Gotcha, brain fog got me again. I'll be very curious to see what day(s) actually have that "lowest price" once the new pricing scheme is in-place.

Still... this is unbridled hubris by Bob/Josh. They must really think a recession won't hurt them one bit.

Ayla

Disney raising prices on something that isn’t even available?
Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

Claiming to be “holding the line on the lowest ticket price for more than 4 years” when that lowest price is now available **1** day??? I’m dying here!!!
Their PR spin statement implies all the 1 day tickets have remained the same price for 4 years, when in actuality, the only one that has stayed that price is AK.

CaptainAmerica

Gotcha, brain fog got me again. I'll be very curious to see what day(s) actually have that "lowest price" once the new pricing scheme is in-place.

Still... this is unbridled hubris by Bob/Josh. They must really think a recession won't hurt them one bit.
I'm a huge fan of variable pricing. Whatever they can do to spread the crowds more evenly throughout the year, I'm all for it. This particular move is a price increase wrapped in a shift to variable pricing, so it's got pros and cons.

Epcot82Guy

So Disney raised prices on passes that they’re not selling. That is some pricing chutzpah. And what great storytelling. I’ve loved telling that story today 😀

I have to wonder if there is some psychology here. This sounds like Banana Republic's old ploy. They wanted to incentivize buyers, so they started running major sales constantly (30% or 40% off) - while slowly increasing base prices behind the scenes. 100% pure speculation, but I wonder if this is a game to allow them to offer "discounts" in the future while still keeping the bottom line high. Or, if that isn't needed - they get their joyous lower AP numbers. Not sure it will actually work, but companies have done far worse psychological experiments with pricing.

I wonder at what point we may all wake up to realize we're basically part of a supply chain to the higher ups in mega corporations. There is nothing human about this. It's 100% maximizing revenue. Whether you're a laptop, cattle, plastic parts or a "guest".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom