News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think $3k is definitely out of the question, but if you told me they'd double in 5 years I would have called you a cynic ;)
I’m not as surprised by that. And I’m sure they did that methodically

Remember: the daily ticket price had gained and methodically risen and eclipsed the 1:8 ratio that more or less played out for annual passes.

MrPromey

My guess is if and when it returns you will see a much higher price where the “value” is no longer there where people feel the impulsive need to get it… all depends on how your travel and dine. But again its a simple numbers game once they announce it and the price of it…

They can increase the "value" just like they always have - by raising non-dining-plan prices.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Already excuses.

I get people Paying. That’s their choice. But state your objections too…it gives them something to consider

Then I must identify that the economic motivations and constraints are not the same for all consumers. We also can agree that certain divisions within Disney are bankrolling the agendas and outright malfeasance of others. It's a littler larger than "Blame Shanghai" these days to see where the profits generated by DL and WDW are not being reinvested into staff and facilities.

BobPar

They can increase the "value" just like they always have - by raising non-dining-plan prices.
My take w dining plan is simple just like i said in the AP chat its a numbers game. If it makes sense get it if not pass on it… you should have a general idea if where you are eating etc especially if you have places booked and the style of how your party eats… yes i get prices become inflated but newsflash thats happening anyway so to me something is better than nothing…

MrPromey

My take w dining plan is simple just like i said in the AP chat its a numbers game. If it makes sense get it if not pass on it… you should have a general idea if where you are eating etc especially if you have places booked and the style of how your party eats… yes i get prices become inflated but newsflash thats happening anyway so to me something is better than nothing…

No, I get it - take the lowest price you can, even if it's going down the chute Disney's trying to funnel you towards.

As long as you're not spending more to "save", which is usually what they try to get people to do by coaxing them to go in on more on-property food or more higher tier food options than they might otherwise spend on to make a plan worth-while, that's the best strategy anyone can adopt, really.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

True, we gave up our DL APs this year because we couldn’t justify the price vs AP availability but compared to day prices it’s still a decent value, it’s all relative.

$300 for a 2 day pass or $1600 for a year? Either way it’s expensive. The AP probably would still be the better value but we struggled so much getting the dates we wanted it just soured us on the whole experience.

We’ve gone to DL nearly every month since 2013 (minus Covid) and haven’t been to DL since August, the only cheap option is not to go.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you have to go to non-stop character meals to get “value”…then you might be stuck in the maze

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Again its a numbers game. Plan your vacation the way you want to vacation. If you want to do characters great , sit downs great, all QS great but you can easily get an idea what things will cost & if the dining plan is “worth” it. Opt in if not opt out
The dining plan requires overconsumption for it to be “worth it”…and you have to order right to left…

But this is old and hopefully it’s dead

BobPar

The dining plan requires overconsumption for it to be “worth it”…and you have to order right to left…

But this is old and hopefully it’s dead
So you think it doesn’t come back? Even tho they said it will? And if it has no value to the customer why would Disney want to get rid of it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So you think it doesn’t come back? Even tho they said it will? And if it has no value to the customer why would Disney want to get rid of it?
I honestly don’t know…

Because honestly they don’t. This isn’t “management” at all.

They keep trying to come up with new ways to fit large numbers of people into not enough space with less staff at higher fees

BobPar

I honestly don’t know…

Because honestly they don’t. This isn’t “management” at all.

They keep trying to come up with new ways to fit large numbers of people into not enough space with less staff at higher fees
Perplexing how many years they been trying to play this shell game… i dk how i feel that a company can be that naive to not get it or be amazed how long thet been able to get away with it…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Perplexing how many years they been trying to play this shell game… i dk how i feel that a company can be that naive to not get it or be amazed how long thet been able to get away with it…
The brand provides the cover that I’d argue no other company would get.

But particularly in Orlando…Iger REALLY screwed up by not adding capacity. It was the whole key to the financial success of the place…allowing for more and more frivolous guest spending.

They never understood their product. And now the chickens are looking for their hen house.

Bobs are amazingly clueless to what is going down.

BobPar

The brand provides the cover that I’d argue no other company would get.

But particularly in Orlando…Iger REALLY screwed up by not adding capacity. It was the whole key to the financial success of the place…allowing for more and more frivolous guest spending.

They never understood their product. And now the chickens are looking for their hen house.

Bobs are amazingly clueless to what is going down.
Yes the brand is more of a cult as well i agree lets face it … almost impossible to avoid Disney/Mickey/Minnie etc if you have any children for most part. All they had to do was built some simple additional capacity in their parks as opposed to shuttering attractions or overlaying them and now you literally have 4 parks that are severely under built for their demand. Sad part about this is like you said they have no clue.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think it is coming back. Not unless there is a serious downturn and they need some way to entice guests to come back. But as long as the demand is as high as it is now, no, it is not coming back.
They had announced it would back in the spring…

But there’s no advantage to Disney to do so. People are paying for food a la carte…they broke that mold with Covid.
And now they tolerate restaurants jsut reducing capacity or not opening at all too.

They can set their own prices and have total labor control.

Our fault…as usual.

bcoachable

I have been asking ap renewal questions using the Disney App. I specifically asked when the prices would be raised… (deciding if I want to renew or not and when my deadline to do so would be). Here is a screen shot of the response:
86F11A1E-38DA-4DBC-A68C-497C167F2809.png

Made me laugh out loud! Thought the group would enjoy! Have a great day, guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom