News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

MrPromey

So, since I usually go to WDW at least twice a year, the cost of day-ticket for two 7-day trips including hopper is now as much as the Incredipass.

Sometimes I make those trips 9 days. With an AP, that's four free days!!

And if I go a third week, it's all free!!!

I can't afford *not* to buy an AP!!!!
... and renew in perpetuity because you may never get the chance to buy a new one ever, ever, ever again. :oops:

That seems to be the impression they're looking to make, anyway. :rolleyes:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Some of us (like 80% of phone users) dont use fruit phones or their ecosystems.
Despite the fact that iPhone users closer to 50% market in the US (not worldwide I agree) there is nothing that prevents you from using MagicMobile on a non-Apple phone.

zappy

I’m sorry ahead of time if this question was asked in the thread previously.

If I buy an annual pass on April 20th and let’s say my first park day is June 1st, when would my renewal date be? April 20th or June 1st, 2024?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Android has a wallet. I use mine.
(Plus nealy 50/50 split, not 80/20)

In the US
1680811067408.png

Globally
1680811038111.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m from Atlanta, the mega hub of Delta, and I’m here to tell you, Delta is not worth it, and this is coming from a Skymiles member (I use it exclusively for international flights). Domestically the big 3 just aren’t a good value. It’s considered to be a mediocre airline versus global peers in the ‘higher-end’ tier of airlines yet they charge rates that are quite similar, so the difference between the budget airlines is actually pretty insignificant, and I fly a lot, including on pretty much every US airline, so that’s been my take away over the years.

I mean, you fly JetBlue, Southwest, or especially Spirit/Allegient/Frontier, the cheaper airlines, and they make trips that were a stretch before or out of the budget possible. I think that’s terrific.

If I would’ve flown Delta, my flight to LAX would’ve cost over $550 round-trip versus $140 on Spirit. Both were non-stop. Only noticeable difference is an included checked bag with Delta, but Spirit was still less than half the price of Delta if I chose to add a bag. I just brought a portable charger for my phone and grabbed food before I boarded the plane, and otherwise, the experience was identical to Delta. I mean, literally, identical.

I’m not paying over double (or in my case a quarter since I didn’t get a checked bag) for what’s legitimately the same experience. Planes are not fun whatsoever. The only ‘good experience’ is Delta One on international flights, but then again, that’s 3x+ or more than the regular Delta ticket.

The flights to and from LAX were flawless, with quick boarding, clean planes, orderly passengers, a smooth flight, delayed only minutes even amidst major storms over SoCal at the time, and just an overall perfectly good airline experience. California is only 4 hours away from me, a place like NYC is under 2, so I see no value in paying hundreds more per ticket for a TV screen when I have an iPhone and can download Disney Plus & HBO Max’s movies/shows, for some peanuts and pretzels, and that’s literally the only difference when the leg room is equal (if you get a checked bag).

Unless you’re 6’ 6”, a plane to me gets you from point A to B. I hate to be that guy, but airfare is only pricey to you because you’re not willing to skip brand loyalty in favor of the best deal. I don’t ride Uber BLACK or ‘luxury’ accommodations because it has no tangible benefit to me because I value being efficient. Money and safety are the two things that truly matter. I feel like a lot of vacations for the American middle class are genuinely just about budgeting and priorities, and not necessarily about affordability.

Budget airlines aren’t deceiving anyone either, just simple planning like knowing bag sizes that work and that if you want a checked bag, you should buy it when you book the tickets rather than at the airport itself makes it totally transparent. I’ve had awful experiences and great experiences with pretty much every airline I’ve flown with (including Delta), so the notion that it’s exclusive to the perceived ‘cheaper’ airlines is wildly inaccurate.

In a vacuum, is a flight that’s 50-75% more worth it for equally safe flights? That’s in the eye of the beholder, but I cannot justify it when those hundreds of dollars can be put into savings, buying something I’ll actually use longer than a short flight (AirPods for everyone in the travel party, maybe?), or perhaps splurge on a nice meal on the trip itself. It in of itself makes a random trip possible. To Yellowstone National Park, Disneyland, the Caribbean, without breaking the bank.

I know people say that Spirit and other airlines cancel like crazy. Awesome. Delta does too. As does American, etc. The difference is actually pretty negligible if you compare data and the fact that you can get the same ticket for half as much (in what is already a big purchase) is pretty wild.

Not saying this is the only way to travel, but you did complain about airfare being $500+ to Orlando when checking Google Flights, which you could travel for under $150, and under $250 if you add on a checked bag,
I’m a former employee of a Big 3 airline. I’ve flown on most larger airlines in the US. I have friends who have 10x more butt-in-seat time than me. I’m well aware of what airlines cancel more often than others, what airlines have on-time issues, what airlines are cheaper (and why), etc., both from personal experience, (former) industry knowledge, and stories directly from those who have flown on other airlines.

pdude81

No. Had to call this morning to renew. I will not have to activate at GS which has been a thing for a number of months (cannot recall when but after June of last year at least).

So if DVC Sorcerer will be different than FL Sorcerer are they going to auto swap DVC who currently own?

Good question. Hopefully not and they've done the leg work to make this distinction internally.

FWIW, this is what my renewal certificate from last May was titled:

• DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass with Disney PhotoPass Downloads Renewal (Ages 10+)

I assume the other one is something like "Florida Resident Sorcerer Pass"

Last edited:

pdude81

1. Was that second tier?
2. I thought they dumped renewal pricing? Might be wrong about that though 🤔
I believe renewal is still cheaper than first time purchase, but both have gone up continually. Otherwise people would play the nickel and dime game to space out passes and Disney would ultimately lose more money. The idea is to keep them on the AP so that they keep thinking they need to go and get value from it.

correcaminos

FWIW, this is what my renewal certificate from last May was titled:

• DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass with Disney PhotoPass Downloads Renewal (Ages 10+)

I assume the other one is something like "Florida Resident Sorcerer Pass"
Well that would have been smart of me to remember lol. Seriously, thank you. Mine are all DVC designated.

1. Was that second tier?
2. I thought they dumped renewal pricing? Might be wrong about that though 🤔
That was the Sorcerer Pass pricing above. And yes, renewal saves like $70or so.

scrozier73

To Zappy..... Your annual pass renewal date goes by the date your purchase pass. Not 1st day of usage. So if you buy april 20th 2023 your renewal date is april 20th 2024. Even renewing pass reverts back to original date if you renew in the 30 day window after expiration. Read the renewal guidelines if you plan on renewing in future once you are able to buy annual pass. If memory serves me right you have from 60 days prior to renewal date to 30 days after to renew. So a total of 90 day window 60 before 30 after to renew your pass or passes. Also if your lucky enough to get annual passes be sure to look into the benefits you receive. You get good discounts on food and shopping and tickets to events like Disney's waterparks and those special after hours events. Just tell whomever your annual passholder and they will check your id and bam you get $ off if they take ap discount. Good luck. Hopefully this doesnt end up selling out in record time lol. I am sure it will go quickly. Sucks to have to buy now if your not using for months and months but I am sure they will sell out if you wait too long. My family has had annual passes for roughly 6 years now. If you visit 2 times a year depending on length of stay it's worth upgrading to annual pass in my opinion. We are from PA so annual passes work well for our family. It's nice to not have the hassle of buying regular tickets when we decide to go. Just hop on park reservations site book em and enjoy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe renewal is still cheaper than first time purchase, but both have gone up continually. Otherwise people would play the nickel and dime game to space out passes and Disney would ultimately lose more money. The idea is to keep them on the AP so that they keep thinking they need to go and get value from it.
I honestly question if they have any clue what the point is?

And sadly…I’m just being a clown when I say that

But the vibe they’re giving is that renewals will go away. We’ll see

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom