News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Jrb1979

Your assertion is what’s ridiculous. I spend more in one signature dinner than Denver family of 5 with cheese sandwiches in their backpacks clogging up lines all day.

There is no wrong way to do Disney, but don’t put your nonsense resentment on Floridians.
What an elitist attitude.

CntrlFlPete

So NEW purchases of Incredi-Pass do not have blackout dates around Christmas?

it's really not that simple. For one that lives close, there is risk -- for ones that will only visit for Christmas, there might be limits.

You still need to have a park reservation. Someone visiting in DEC (for that quarter) might not have an issue making a reservation in advance, BUT, I do not know how many reservations one can have in advance. If it is a 10 day trip planned and one has a restriction of only 7 res at a time, well, risk comes back. For a local, when do you look in dates and still go for Thanksgiving, what do you tie up for NOV and when?

A visit to Disney is complicated -- soon for AP's not so much AFTER 2pm -- save MK where you might need to check into Epcot and hop to MK (if hopping is allowed for non-reservation folks.

Disstevefan1

I have had a Platinum and now Incredi-Pass since 2018. It NEVER had blackout dates.
Yes of course Platinum didn't have blackouts, we had 3 for over a decade, last being 2020. I had thought they added blackouts to the all levels of the new APs including Incredi-pass because of the "No Blackouts" lawsuits.

Glad to hear this.

Disstevefan1

it's really not that simple. For one that lives close, there is risk -- for ones that will only visit for Christmas, there might be limits.

You still need to have a park reservation. Someone visiting in DEC (for that quarter) might not have an issue making a reservation in advance, BUT, I do not know how many reservations one can have in advance. If it is a 10 day trip planned and one has a restriction of only 7 res at a time, well, risk comes back. For a local, when do you look in dates and still go for Thanksgiving, what do you tie up for NOV and when?

A visit to Disney is complicated -- soon for AP's not so much AFTER 2pm -- save MK where you might need to check into Epcot and hop to MK (if hopping is allowed for non-reservation folks.
I get it, no literal blackout but park reservation needed for MK

nickys

Premium Member
To Zappy..... Your annual pass renewal date goes by the date your purchase pass. Not 1st day of usage. So if you buy april 20th 2023 your renewal date is april 20th 2024. Even renewing pass reverts back to original date if you renew in the 30 day window after expiration. Read the renewal guidelines if you plan on renewing in future once you are able to buy annual pass. If memory serves me right you have from 60 days prior to renewal date to 30 days after to renew. So a total of 90 day window 60 before 30 after to renew your pass or passes. Also if your lucky enough to get annual passes be sure to look into the benefits you receive. You get good discounts on food and shopping and tickets to events like Disney's waterparks and those special after hours events. Just tell whomever your annual passholder and they will check your id and bam you get $ off if they take ap discount. Good luck. Hopefully this doesnt end up selling out in record time lol. I am sure it will go quickly. Sucks to have to buy now if your not using for months and months but I am sure they will sell out if you wait too long. My family has had annual passes for roughly 6 years now. If you visit 2 times a year depending on length of stay it's worth upgrading to annual pass in my opinion. We are from PA so annual passes work well for our family. It's nice to not have the hassle of buying regular tickets when we decide to go. Just hop on park reservations site book em and enjoy.
That’s how renewals work, not when you buy them new.

if I was to buy a AP voucher when they become available and go by guest relations within a year to “get” my annual pass…is there any time limit I can then hold onto that inside my Disney experience app (as long as I don’t activate it at a gate yet)?
I’m pretty sure you have to activate within a year. After that you can use the value towards buying a new one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom