News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Vegas Disney Fan

So, since I usually go to WDW at least twice a year, the cost of day-ticket for two 7-day trips including hopper is now as much as the Incredipass.

Sometimes I make those trips 9 days. With an AP, that's four free days!!

And if I go a third week, it's all free!!!

I can't afford *not* to buy an AP!!!!

This was exactly what happened to us last year, we let our DL APs go with the intention of only going 3 or 4 weekends this year, using 3 day passes… then we looked at 3 day passes and realized they were $400-500. The day they reopened key sales I caved and bought them.

APs have become ridiculously expensive but so have day passes, the break even point is 3 weekends, if you go more than a couple times a year it still makes financial sense to get them.

Piebald

You’re flying 10 feet. Airlines price those routes as more “business travel”

How much is it to Jacksonville and Savannah? Like a BAZILLION dollars?
Last summer I flew from Orlando to Philadelphia on  Frontier for $500. It was extremely depressing considering a few weeks prior I had flown Emirates first class. The people next to me on the flight were sharing one set of earphones and dancing in their seats.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Last summer I flew from Orlando to Philadelphia on  Frontier for $500. It was extremely depressing considering a few weeks prior I had flown Emirates first class. The people next to me on the flight were sharing one set of earphones and dancing in their seats.
I just looked and that same flight on Memorial Day weekend is $96…and in the low $100s when school is out

Disstevefan1

It is certainly a wise move from a business perspective.

As a fan…and longtime financial supporter…I still do not like that it’s “limited time sales”

So it really it’s an annual pass any longer. It’s a limited time promotion you have no ability to allow lapse without potential consequences

Really a different animal
Totally agree!!! “Limited time sales”, these APs will sell out immediately.

"Real AP's" were on sale all the time.

You are correct, this is a promotion.

correcaminos

Did they add online renewal yet + no longer require activation at guest relations? Wasn't sure if that happened yet, I know it was planned.
No. Had to call this morning to renew. I will not have to activate at GS which has been a thing for a number of months (cannot recall when but after June of last year at least).

So if DVC Sorcerer will be different than FL Sorcerer are they going to auto swap DVC who currently own?

Disney Glimpses

No. Had to call this morning to renew. I will not have to activate at GS which has been a thing for a number of months (cannot recall when but after June of last year at least).

So if DVC Sorcerer will be different than FL Sorcerer are they going to auto swap DVC who currently own?
Good question. Hopefully not and they've done the leg work to make this distinction internally.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Does anyone know the price of a sorcerer annual pass including the tax. Or what the tax percentage is?

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
We only fly Delta (We've flown many other airlines. None of them have provided a good experience.). They own 80% of the gates at MSP, so prices are higher anywhere we want to go, but it doesn't matter who we would fly, it's more expensive out of MSP.
I’m from Atlanta, the mega hub of Delta, and I’m here to tell you, Delta is not worth it, and this is coming from a Skymiles member (I use it exclusively for international flights). Domestically the big 3 just aren’t a good value. It’s considered to be a mediocre airline versus global peers in the ‘higher-end’ tier of airlines yet they charge rates that are quite similar, so the difference between the budget airlines is actually pretty insignificant, and I fly a lot, including on pretty much every US airline, so that’s been my take away over the years.

I mean, you fly JetBlue, Southwest, or especially Spirit/Allegient/Frontier, the cheaper airlines, and they make trips that were a stretch before or out of the budget possible. I think that’s terrific.

If I would’ve flown Delta, my flight to LAX would’ve cost over $550 round-trip versus $140 on Spirit. Both were non-stop. Only noticeable difference is an included checked bag with Delta, but Spirit was still less than half the price of Delta if I chose to add a bag. I just brought a portable charger for my phone and grabbed food before I boarded the plane, and otherwise, the experience was identical to Delta. I mean, literally, identical.

I’m not paying over double (or in my case a quarter since I didn’t get a checked bag) for what’s legitimately the same experience. Planes are not fun whatsoever. The only ‘good experience’ is Delta One on international flights, but then again, that’s 3x+ or more than the regular Delta ticket.

The flights to and from LAX were flawless, with quick boarding, clean planes, orderly passengers, a smooth flight, delayed only minutes even amidst major storms over SoCal at the time, and just an overall perfectly good airline experience. California is only 4 hours away from me, a place like NYC is under 2, so I see no value in paying hundreds more per ticket for a TV screen when I have an iPhone and can download Disney Plus & HBO Max’s movies/shows, for some peanuts and pretzels, and that’s literally the only difference when the leg room is equal (if you get a checked bag).

Unless you’re 6’ 6”, a plane to me gets you from point A to B. I hate to be that guy, but airfare is only pricey to you because you’re not willing to skip brand loyalty in favor of the best deal. I don’t ride Uber BLACK or ‘luxury’ accommodations because it has no tangible benefit to me because I value being efficient. Money and safety are the two things that truly matter. I feel like a lot of vacations for the American middle class are genuinely just about budgeting and priorities, and not necessarily about affordability.

Budget airlines aren’t deceiving anyone either, just simple planning like knowing bag sizes that work and that if you want a checked bag, you should buy it when you book the tickets rather than at the airport itself makes it totally transparent. I’ve had awful experiences and great experiences with pretty much every airline I’ve flown with (including Delta), so the notion that it’s exclusive to the perceived ‘cheaper’ airlines is wildly inaccurate.

In a vacuum, is a flight that’s 50-75% more worth it for equally safe flights? That’s in the eye of the beholder, but I cannot justify it when those hundreds of dollars can be put into savings, buying something I’ll actually use longer than a short flight (AirPods for everyone in the travel party, maybe?), or perhaps splurge on a nice meal on the trip itself. It in of itself makes a random trip possible. To Yellowstone National Park, Disneyland, the Caribbean, without breaking the bank.

I know people say that Spirit and other airlines cancel like crazy. Awesome. Delta does too. As does American, etc. The difference is actually pretty negligible if you compare data and the fact that you can get the same ticket for half as much (in what is already a big purchase) is pretty wild.

Not saying this is the only way to travel, but you did complain about airfare being $500+ to Orlando when checking Google Flights, which you could travel for under $150, and under $250 if you add on a checked bag,

cranbiz

Sales tax in Orange County is 6.5% and in the city of Bay lake, there is no additional surcharge. However, it you are over in Osceola, there is a 1% surcharge, making the tax rate 7.5%

RSoxNo1

Not seeing prices anywhere. I also see that PhotoPass is once again included but it seems to be PhotoPass light (only ride photos). Any clarification as to whether or not this includes things like Meeting Mickey at Town Square?

Chip Chipperson

I haven’t had to go to Guest Service for anything to do with a renewal for close to a decade now. That all stopped with the introduction of MDE. I renew online and then just keep using my media (in my case my Apple Watch) as normal without ever going to Guest Services.
DVC members can't renew online. We have to call and then go to Guest Services either at Disney Springs or a park entrance. I usually go to Disney Springs the day we fly in because we don't typically go to a park that day and don't want to wait in line the next morning. It's a pain because sometimes we just want to relax at the resort after traveling, but if it's when we need to activate our pass renewal then we have to go somewhere to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom