News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Do any DVC members know the answer to this.

If we purchase a voucher for an annual pass, my understanding is now we only have 1 year to “activate” it is that correct?

What happens if we don’t activate it within a year of purchase, do we just pay any difference in cost at that time?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
**To purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass, Disney Vacation Club Members must be eligible for Membership Extras. Membership Extras is an incidental benefit – these offers are subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee. General terms & conditions of the program are in the Membership Extras Acknowledgement and Disclosure Statement. Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.

Hmm. Maybe that new DVC membership program is coming?
Disney is the only major timeshare program doesn’t allow you to pay to upgrade resale points to full member points. Maybe it’s something like that.

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I think a change is coming in that regard. There's something major going down at DVC but I haven't been able to obtain too many specific details.
They lowered the minimum purchase today to 100 but kept Membership Extras at 150. Everything is on fire there. It’s a weird decision at a weird time. Something has to change that is for sure.

Disney Glimpses

They lowered the minimum purchase today to 100 but kept Membership Extras at 150. Everything is on fire there. It’s a weird decision at a weird time. Something has to change that is for sure.
I have a feeling we are finally going to see membership extras available to only truly direct members with a minimum of 150 points with ability for others to get access to those extras for a fee. They also have an obscene number of points on the books right now and are actually actively selling OKW/SSR/AKL with developer credits to try to unload some of the less desirable ones. But they have points across all resorts. I think some program is coming that has an intention to obliterate the resale market + allow new members to easily pick any home resort (and not just the new one).

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
So a Platinum Pass in early-2018 was $779 (less for renewals and DVC).

To get the equivalent in 2023 you have get Incredipass and add on the $99 photo package (included in old Platinum), for a total of $1498 now.

Even with a renewal discount, that’s quite an increase to be the only option for out-of-staters like me to consider when we may only make a trip 2 (maybe 3) times a year for four day weekends.

I used to feel motivated to figure out a way to make another impromptu trip here and there to get a little more bang for my buck (while spending loads more on WDW hotels, meals, etc). Now, it frankly seems like easier math to not renew, cut back to one trip a year with Disney parks and do a Universal weekend instead if I make it down a second time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom