News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Touchdown

Maybe some of us can take a break - even one day - from the complaining so people coming here for news on the return of DVC annual passes can get in some discussion and information on the issue. I'm not a moderator and have no authority to limit discussion, it's just a plea.
I don’t see much complaining, mainly discussion on what this means and why the company is doing this now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With the concerns about a soft summer, this is a good move by Disney to bolster attendance from the Florida resident pool. Seems like a win for both Disney and locals who have been wanting an AP.
It is certainly a wise move from a business perspective.

As a fan…and longtime financial supporter…I still do not like that it’s “limited time sales”

So it really it’s an annual pass any longer. It’s a limited time promotion you have no ability to allow lapse without potential consequences

Really a different animal

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It is certainly a wise move from a business perspective.

As a fan…and longtime financial supporter…I still do not like that it’s “limited time sales”

So it really it’s an annual pass any longer. It’s a limited time promotion you have no ability to allow lapse without potential

Really a different animal
and therefore get people to “panic” and buy one now whether use it now or not

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe some of us can take a break - even one day - from the complaining so people coming here for news on the return of DVC annual passes can get in some discussion and information on the issue. I'm not a moderator and have no authority to limit discussion, it's just a plea.
The news is pretty simple.

If you want one, you can buy it in the next few weeks for the states prices. They will halt sales again quickly.
The only real positive beyond that is it indicates lower attendance ahead.

Since everyone is independent and highly analytical when patronizing Disney products…that about does it.😎

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The way it was explained to me is that DVC Sorcerer is a completely new pass type that they have separate levers for. If/when they pause sales again, direct DVC members will only have access to that pass (or not at all if things get really bad).
Technically the old Gold Florida and Gold DVC were separate pass types as well in the system, so that’s not terribly surprising.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
**To purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass, Disney Vacation Club Members must be eligible for Membership Extras. Membership Extras is an incidental benefit – these offers are subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee. General terms & conditions of the program are in the Membership Extras Acknowledgement and Disclosure Statement. Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.

Hmm. Maybe that new DVC membership program is coming?
You mean the one that was in the fine print when I gave them $20,000 decades ago?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom