News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I assume they would argue that allowing DVC to buy Sorcerer passes is a discount. It is to me as I don't want to go for Thanksgiving or Christmas. But to others not such a benefit
Well that’s what they said…you wanna buy it?

But from a purely academic perspective…a “discount” is less than sticker price.

From a team Disney Orlando perspective…we wouldn’t have tried to sell something to Florida and dvc as being “discounted” when there was no actual street price to compare it too. But the world was round back then
Agreed. "Just having the privilege of buying an AP is a discount!!! MAGIC!!!" Let's just say... I disagree.
Well that’s what they said…who are you to deny it? 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Trust me, I know what year it is. 😂

$500 from MSP to MIA last month. $500 from MSP to MCO last year. Non-peak times. Right now, looking at a mid-week RT flight in mid-October to MCO starts at $438.
You’re flying 10 feet. Airlines price those routes as more “business travel”

How much is it to Jacksonville and Savannah? Like a BAZILLION dollars?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did you know summer in the parks is so hot and crowded that no one goes anymore.

Joke’s on us, though. Instead, we pack in the parks during the pleasant, 90-degree April weather. How refreshing.
It is a funny thing isn’t it?

Trips during July and Christmas week have worked out much better than the hell we experience in October and February some years ago…so we won’t go back.

Pretty simple reasons too

Chi84

Premium Member
Maybe some of us can take a break - even one day - from the complaining so people coming here for news on the return of DVC annual passes can get in some discussion and information on the issue. I'm not a moderator and have no authority to limit discussion, it's just a plea.

Goofnut1980

The price sky rocketing in 2019 was a necessary thing I guess. But man do I miss when annual passes were sub $1000. I can't justify a pass that I can't use anytime and have to plan every visit. A huge reason I loved the AP was just being able to enter on a whim without having to plan. I know it is coming back in some sort of capacity but it just isn't all the time, which diminishes the value to me.
I remember our "gold" pass back in the day for DVC was about $350 per person. Granted that was 10 years ago. But big difference now. It is literally $1000 more for the two passes we renew each year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom