News Walt Disney World to resume complimentary parking at its resort hotels

mikejs78

Premium Member
Wonder if you will still get free parking at the parks with your hotel stay...

According to the DPB blog post from today, yes.

All I want at this point is hopping back to normal. And not just for annual pass holders.

And no park reservations for resort guests at minimum. Preferably all multi-day ticket holders.

You mean the costs he put in place?

So it's hard to know how much was Iger. Certainly things were done with his blessing, but Iger has a reputation as a delegator. He delegated to his Parks head (chapek) who probably made most or all of these decisions, and Iger didn't really pay attention other than to look at the numbers.

I suspect that being absent from TWDC for a couple of years, he saw how much these continued increase in costs and reduction in services was hurting the Disney brand, and maybe realized that not everything is about the immediate bottom line. His interview comments seem to reflect that.

At least I hope that's the case.

Tony the Tigger

I don’t think you’re a clown. I’m trying to process all this. One school of thought is “they’re doing this because it’s the right thing to do” and they’re becoming more customer-oriented (cue the 😍 ‘Daddy Josh’ types).

The other part of me, the more cynical side, tells me they wouldn’t be doing any of this unless reservations and future bookings have fallen off a cliff.

I read your remarks (and where my current mind is at) that these moves are motivated out of a place of panic than sudden generosity
I don’t think it’s any of those things; I think it’s just a good business calculation.

When a good business calculation also increases guest satisfaction, that’s where a business wants to be.

sullyinMT

You got an ego maniac in “image repair desperation mode”

In a way…you could never trust him more than now.

But all this seems to be recession bracing moves…why “generous” in January?

I bet their advance bookings are $&@! For this year and beyond
All of their recent changes had us move our Thanksgiving trip from WDW to DCL (Magic out of SD). I know it’s not really “sticking it to the man,” but we feel our Disney dollars are better spent elsewhere.

More moves like this, small medium and large gestures to the consumer, will get us back to Central FL sooner.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You got an ego maniac in “image repair desperation mode”

In a way…you could never trust him more than now.

But all this seems to be recession bracing moves…why “generous” in January?

I bet their advance bookings are $&@! For this year and beyond
Just had a discussion similar to this elsewhere.

Bells certainly seem to be ringing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All of their recent changes had us move our Thanksgiving trip from WDW to DCL (Magic out of SD). I know it’s not really “sticking it to the man,” but we feel our Disney dollars are better spent elsewhere.

More moves like this, small medium and large gestures to the consumer, will get us back to Central FL sooner.
And that’s the goal…no doubt

As mono pointed out on another thread yesterday: their dvc sales are crap too

Canary in a very expensive coal mine

doctornick

I truly am happy for them to "reverse" a guest unfriendly thing. I hope other changes would also occur.

That said, personally, this is not something I particular care about or wanted since we never drive and always stay DVC anyway so the parking charges never impacted me. I'm actually afraid that they will replace the revenue they made from parking with something else that does impact my family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom