News Walt Disney World to resume complimentary parking at its resort hotels

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bravo. Mentioned in the Harmounious thread that you got to give credit where its due. No Barges in the lagoon, and reinstating free parking are big wins so far this year.
I’d say they’re customer friendly moves…so no doubt credit there

“Big wins” might be a bridge too far. Shouldn’t have messed these up in the first place and that was on iger’s watch

Tha Realest

It does seem like there’s a legitimate way to doubt that at this point.

Hey…I’m a clown…and I know it seems like I just ramble…most of the time

But usually I don’t ramble. I think fast and this stuff is contemplated before I post it…I swear 😇
I don’t think you’re a clown. I’m trying to process all this. One school of thought is “they’re doing this because it’s the right thing to do” and they’re becoming more customer-oriented (cue the 😍 ‘Daddy Josh’ types).

The other part of me, the more cynical side, tells me they wouldn’t be doing any of this unless reservations and future bookings have fallen off a cliff.

I read your remarks (and where my current mind is at) that these moves are motivated out of a place of panic than sudden generosity

fgmnt

So is this Iger?

Or has Josh run round and torn down some of the Chapek era. Burnt it, then stamped on it. Whilst singing Happily Ever After?
Iger said he wanted to re delegate to the people in charge of what they’re hired to do, and made some vague overtures to the crisis of confidence in the parks division that had breached containment. I imagine the head of the division was tasked to find some easy wins and these were the ones that were found. Any money they are forgoing on resort parking, mandatory AP reservations, and Photopass bundling on Genie+ is a rounding error, and the costs are already baked in to operations.

All that being said, any signs of life from D’Amaro? No instagram post in 2 months and i don’t believe i’ve seen his name on anything.

pdude81

Magical Express or we riot.
Honestly I feel like Mears Connect is more efficient than than DME ever was, now that they have the little vans set up for some routes and they give you regular text updates. I've called Mears a couple times even late at night and there was always someone there to take the call and help me with any issues. And so far the only issues I've had were mistakes I made when overtired on race weekends.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don’t think you’re a clown. I’m trying to process all this. One school of thought is “they’re doing this because it’s the right thing to do” and they’re becoming more customer-oriented (cue the 😍 ‘Daddy Josh’ types).

The other part of me, the more cynical side, tells me they wouldn’t be doing any of this unless reservations and future bookings have fallen off a cliff.

I read your remarks (and where my current mind is at) that these moves are motivated out of a place of panic than sudden generosity
Nope. The parks are packed and there’s no reason to think they won’t continue to be packed. This is management walking back some bad decisions. Hopefully some way of pre-scheduling line skips will follow soon.

Lilofan

Iger said he wanted to re delegate to the people in charge of what they’re hired to do, and made some vague overtures to the crisis of confidence in the parks division that had breached containment. I imagine the head of the division was tasked to find some easy wins and these were the ones that were found. Any money they are forgoing on resort parking, mandatory AP reservations, and Photopass bundling on Genie+ is a rounding error, and the costs are already baked in to operations.

All that being said, any signs of life from D’Amaro? No instagram post in 2 months and i don’t believe i’ve seen his name on anything.
Josh is a presenter in a festival conference South by Southwest in Austin TX in March about creating happiness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom