News Walt Disney World to eliminate self-service paper straws and plastic lids

WaltsTreasureChest

If they wanted to act eco friendly then just use the veggie straws. Has a solid texture and doesn’t melt, just like a regular plastic straw but eco friendly. Some restaurants already use them over at Disney springs.

1C4011E2-9932-4011-81A9-A3FA066427D4.jpeg

Disstevefan1

Did everyone miss the part that you can still ask for a lid at the counter and they will give you one?
The title of this post was about eliminating self serve straws.

Forever, we have been conditioned to grab our beverage from counter service and then get our straw and cover at the station.

I gotta remember to ask for them at the counter now, I sure don't want to get back into line to get covers and straws.

dreday3

The title of this post was about eliminating self serve straws.

Forever, we have been conditioned to grab our beverage from counter service and then get our straw and cover at the station.

I gotta remember to ask for them at the counter now, I sure don't want to get back into line to get covers and straws.

Everyone is complaining about walking around without a lid. Ask for one when you order. Problem solved?

MrPromey

Same! I only ever use resort mugs…
If they really cared about the environment, they'd sell refillable mugs that can be brought back and reactivated indefinitely at a discount (to encourage reuse) with the freestyle machines in the parks like Universal does rather than selling bottles of soda and water everywhere.

It's been about a decade since they (UNI) started doing that.

Think of all the turtles they've saved since then.

Wonder why Disney hasn't gone that route, yet? 🤔

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom