News Walt Disney World to eliminate self-service paper straws and plastic lids

JeffyJoseph

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 2.48.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 2.48.11 PM.png
    679.7 KB · Views: 61

CaptinEO

Over at Disneyland in 2018 or 2019 they tried getting rid of straws and lids all together, not even behind the counter if you asked.

You'd see a dad with like 7 cups of soda on a tray with no lids, it was comical.

After the pandemic they were back to using straws and lids.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Over at Disneyland in 2018 or 2019 they tried getting rid of straws and lids all together, not even behind the counter if you asked.

You'd see a dad with like 7 cups of soda on a try with no lids, it was comical.

After the pandemic they were back to using straws and lids.

They did at WDW too didn't they?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
And stop operating parks and having merchandise manufactured in China, the world’s worst polluter.

Nonsensical virtue signaling that achieves nothing, besides irritating guests.

Well, balloons are an extra problem as we're running out of helium apparently (I saw an article about it recently)

Ricky Spanish

Ok Stop making and selling plastic toys if they really cared about the environment!
Eliminating straws and lids has nothing to do with the environment.
My dad worked for 7up for 35 years and I don’t know how many times I heard, “ The cup, lid and straw cost way more than the soda”.
It's not only kids, at the parks, I sometimes walk around with a beverage in hand, not having a lid isn't practical with the crowds and people bumping into you.
I see way more people walking around Disney with $5 bottles of Coca Cola rather than cups with no lids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom