News Walt Disney World to eliminate self-service paper straws and plastic lids

nickys

Premium Member
I’ll just say for the three billionth time that I have not ever spilled a beverage in a theme park and regardless of what kind of cup it is in and whether it is lidless or not, I never will. You all know how much they charge for these drinks. I will protect them with my life. Such a wacky conversation.
You really can’t know that.
You could develop a shake or tremor for something innocuous or serious. Life happens.

Last edited:

FettFan

See all the examples already posted. Balloons, bags, 20oz bottles... For good measure I'll throw in the speedway at MK. Eliminating straws is the least of their environmental issues.

The fact that they clear-cut a 22-acre swath of forest to build a Mickey-shaped solar farm,

images

when they could have installed solar canopies over the parking lots as DLP is doing.

Solar-Plant-2.jpg

DisneyCane

The fact that they clear-cut a 22-acre swath of forest to build a Mickey-shaped solar farm,

images

when they could have installed solar canopies over the parking lots as DLP is doing.

Solar-Plant-2.jpg
It's much more sustainable when people flying over can see the Mickey logo and google to see what it is so they know you installed solar panels. Ignore the fact that an available area for installation in the already clear cut land roughly the size of one of the "ears" is wasted to make it look like a logo.

Tha Realest

By saying this, are we to assume the only people who have a problem with this are people who have children? Because when people say this, that's what I'm going to assume.
No, only that his myopic comment that he’s never spilled his own drink seems naive to the issues of having younger children carrying drinks about in a bustling theme park in flimsy paper cups without lids

G00fyDad

Before our last trip I went to Gordon's foods and bought a pack of cup lids and we got some metal collapsible straws for the trip. Lids fit perfect. I took about 12 lids in a plastic baggie daily in the backpack and when we needed them they worked great.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Before our last trip I went to Gordon's foods and bought a pack of cup lids and we got some metal collapsible straws for the trip. Lids fit perfect. I took about 12 lids in a plastic baggie daily in the backpack and when we needed them they worked great.
but who wants to do that after dropping many thousands on a trip to WDW where their customer service and offerings used to be known as the best anywhere

Are we going to need to furnish our own towels, linens, and toilet paper in the hotel rooms next?

jaklgreen

but who wants to do that after dropping many thousands on a trip to WDW where their customer service and offerings used to be known as the best anywhere

Are we going to need to furnish our own towels, linens, and toilet paper in the hotel rooms next?
I bring my own toilet paper for my resort room because we have all experienced the toilet paper. LOL

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Guess you just discovered Disney's next "you are the magic" entertainment offering. Cup races.

How many beers do you get served in wax paper cups? Or in tall 24oz paper cups?
I remember drinking beer in the Superdome in wax paper cups. I managed to do so without spilling any.

G00fyDad

It was a cheap cost. Compared to everything else at Disney it was pretty negligible. If that $15 is going to break the bank then I have no business going to Disney. And if you are talking about the fact that Disney is taking more and more away from us then that is not anything that any of us will ever be able to change.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It was a cheap cost. Compared to everything else at Disney it was pretty negligible. If that $15 is going to break the bank then I have no business going to Disney. And if you are talking about the fact that Disney is taking more and more away from us then that is not anything that any of us will ever be able to change.
It’s not the cost to bring my own or that I can’t get a lid without asking, it’s the trend of these sort of things

John park hopper

Has Disney eliminated all the individual soaps, shampoos, conditioners in favor of dispensers from the resorts. I have collected a fair amount over the years have no idea why guess reminder of past visits.

DisAl

Has Disney eliminated all the individual soaps, shampoos, conditioners in favor of dispensers from the resorts. I have collected a fair amount over the years have no idea why guess reminder of past visits.
I know a lot of people like the gel stuff but I detest it. Last trip I took my own bar of Dial soap.

orky8

If that is because you personally prefer the hygiene of doing so, that's completely fine and your prerogative. But the idea that any customer forward establishment would require this is the problem. Disney is supposed to be better than this.

Last edited:

Stellajack

Premium Member
Disney cup.jpg

Will be taking my own Disney themed bottle w/straw in my backpack. Useful for water or transferring soda before tossing the paper cup. I am one of those who has been frustrated by the lids, straws, and napkins tossed all over the ground and I'm not apologizing for my attitude. Which brings me to my offer...anyone want to buy a package of napkins for your WDW trip? Price is very reasonable. 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom