Walt Disney World to build 2,000-room Hotel: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

flavious27

First to offer the new hotel "badmouth" name :)

Disney's "Art of Annihilation" - it's what happens when Pop Warner gets hold of rooms that will handle six people each :)

OK - enough jokes... this is a GOOD move. Econ 101 says that this is going to be the new tour group heaven... no more junking up those better "overflow" hotels.

From the name of the resort, I was hoping the resort would be designed with Animator's Palate as an inspiration.

JEANYLASER

this is a great name for the newest hotel! We can't wait to stay in this newest hotel on 2012! We hope to stay in the Finding Nemo wing!

GaBookworm

So in terms of guests what is the capacity of the new AA resort? Pop Century is all regular rooms that hold up to 4 people. The new AA resort rooms are mostly family suites, which hold up to 6 people, plus some regular rooms.
How does it compare to Pop Century in terms of total average number of guests?

Tks.
:)

JEANYLASER

I don't know it's a very good question! And the sign to the newest hotel will be in front to the entrance and do you have a picture of the sign to be look like when it's finished!

olmec26

As far as acronyms go, my first thought was AoA - I see no problem in using a lowercase letter. Most people already do it when talking about things like PotC and UoE....

JEANYLASER

Yeah! It might be the same as in POP! It might be my favorite value resort too! Oh! one more thing what is the date to accept reservations to the newest resort?:confused::cool:

pescador1f

thoughts

sure it was mentioned already but, buses? shared or seperate, and pool concepts, guess would be 3 just like POP, 10 buildings each, 3 pools. I would guess it would be Little Mermaid & Nemo pools, but what shape ot theme?? and the third pool?

Tom

Beta Return
sure it was mentioned already but, buses? shared or seperate, and pool concepts, guess would be 3 just like POP, 10 buildings each, 3 pools. I would guess it would be Little Mermaid & Nemo pools, but what shape ot theme?? and the third pool?

My guess is that they'll treat this as a completely new resort. Lumping the two of them together would be far too many rooms for one bus loop. It also appears that Pop and AoA will both have "main" buildings, thus their own check-in and their own DME drop-off.

I really predict that this will just flat out be a new resort hotel, with everything dedicated.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My guess is that they'll treat this as a completely new resort. Lumping the two of them together would be far too many rooms for one bus loop. It also appears that Pop and AoA will both have "main" buildings, thus their own check-in and their own DME drop-off.

I really predict that this will just flat out be a new resort hotel, with everything dedicated.
The combined guest capacity of Pop plus Animation will be almost the exact same size as the 3 All Stars. Given Disney's track record in this area it is almost a foregone conclusion that they will add Animation onto the Pop route. I hope I am wrong but I doubt I am.

Tom

Beta Return
The combined guest capacity of Pop plus Animation will be almost the exact same size as the 3 All Stars. Given Disney's track record in this area it is almost a foregone conclusion that they will add Animation onto the Pop route. I hope I am wrong but I doubt I am.

Sadly, you could be right. They ruined Port Orleans the same way. We stopped staying at POR years ago mainly because of the combined bus service.

At the same time, I could have sworn I've seen buses with marquees saying each of the 3 All-Star resort names. Maybe that's just during peak season...or maybe I'm imagining it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Sadly, you could be right. They ruined Port Orleans the same way. We stopped staying at POR years ago mainly because of the combined bus service.

At the same time, I could have sworn I've seen buses with marquees saying each of the 3 All-Star resort names. Maybe that's just during peak season...or maybe I'm imagining it.

One would think during peak seasons they could run committed routes and it would be more efficient.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

That happens from time to time especially around park closing, openings, peak season, etc.

Tom

Beta Return
That happens from time to time especially around park closing, openings, peak season, etc.

Right, but we're talking about Disney Transportation here. The one and only public transportation system in the world who managed to make their system LESS efficient when they added state-of-the-art GPS tracking and navigation :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Right, but we're talking about Disney Transportation here. The one and only public transportation system in the world who managed to make their system LESS efficient when they added state-of-the-art GPS tracking and navigation :)

I'm sure federal and local governments perfected that long before Disney. :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is true. I do not get what is up with Disney's transportation system lately. I honestly think that it has gotten to the point where they need to increase the fleet size. With more than 20 resorts, 2 water parks, 4 main parks at a strip mall to service I think the fleet of nearly 300 buses is a bit on the light size.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom