Walt Disney World to build 2,000-room Hotel: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

zweltar

This sounds really neat. It'd be even more exciting of the resort would feature many more classic Disney cartoons, like if each building or floor or wing had it's own theme.

RoRo

This sounds really neat. It'd be even more exciting of the resort would feature many more classic Disney cartoons, like if each building or floor or wing had it's own theme.

If each floor had its own theme I think it would look like a hodge poge. If you have stayed at any of the All Stars or Pop, then you would know each section has about 2 buildings and is focused on one theme.

toolsnspools

I'm sure it will be added to the existing PC routes. Part of what makes the bus service there so good is the location. PC is much closer to EPCOT, DHS, DTD, etc. so all the trips are a little quicker.

I think they will re-theme PC, but not until it makes $$ sense. That could be when it is due for its next full refurb, or if/when the % of rooms booked becomes low enough.

I like the fact that they continue to cater to families with 3 kids. We booked our first trip as soon as the ASMu suites were finished.
I think they were missing out on a lot of families business before then.

As for acronyms, how about DA-O Aaa O. :lookaroun

TreyH.

Will they move the The Sorcerer's hat from Hollywood Studios park to "Disney's Art of Animation Resort".

In Paris Walt Disney Studios Park has an attraction called Art of Disney Animation that graced the outside of the building.

RoRo

Will they move the The Sorcerer's hat from Hollywood Studios park to "Disney's Art of Animation Resort".

In Paris Walt Disney Studios Park has an attraction called Art of Disney Animation that graced the outside of the building.

Thats because at the real animation studios there is a sorcerer's hat on top of the building too. Not a bad idea but it would probley fit in at the entrance of AoA.

slappy magoo

It's funny how Pop Century is now suddenly a terrible resort.
Usually on here when someone asks what is the best Value resort, Pop Century wins.

Now that they are building a new resort across the lake it's no longer a good place?

:)

Must've missed some posts that were written in invisible ink or in your own head. No one's really taking crap about Pop Century. Just thinking in practical terms. The area that was supposed to be part of Pop Century is now going to be something else. Some people therefore suspect/predict they will eventually renovate Pop Century to reflect the theme of the newer resort so, as originally planned, it will come across as one giant resort.

flavious27

Can't be good...there was a youtube video a few years back from someone who snuck over there. The vegetation had completely taken over the buildings.

eek. the rooms are all poured concrete, so everything would get water blasted. the lobby has to smell.

the video feels like a documentary on wdw after WW3 has destroyed the world.

fosse76

Must've missed some posts that were written in invisible ink or in your own head. No one's really taking crap about Pop Century. Just thinking in practical terms. The area that was supposed to be part of Pop Century is now going to be something else. Some people therefore suspect/predict they will eventually renovate Pop Century to reflect the theme of the newer resort so, as originally planned, it will come across as one giant resort.

I was originally skeptical about all the posts about re-themeing Pop Century, but the more I thought about it the more it makes sense. There's no reason they couldn't have built the family suites and still NOT used the Legendary Years theme for the buildings to make it cohesive with Pop Century. I think it will be a slow transition though.

niteobsrvr

Wonder how they'll rearrange the bus service now. Is it really as simple as adding two new buses for that route?

Two new busses? For 10,000 people at "full" occupancy? If you figured everyone were in the parks at close and 80 passengers to a bus it would take 125 bus trips to get everyone back to their resort. If a bus can make two trips in an hour and a half and you assume the goal is to move everyone in about that same amount of time after park close (fireworks), you would need approximately 30 to 40 busses minimum split amongst the parks assuming all parks were closing at about the same time. Since that rarely happens, the lower end number would be adequate and the higher number would be contracted out to third parties on high demand days.

In a nutshell, Disney has about 300 buses and that fleet will increase by about 10 percent prior to the opening of this new resort.

Pioneer Hall

I was originally skeptical about all the posts about re-themeing Pop Century, but the more I thought about it the more it makes sense. There's no reason they couldn't have built the family suites and still NOT used the Legendary Years theme for the buildings to make it cohesive with Pop Century. I think it will be a slow transition though.

Agreed....it would most likely be done in phases and be somewhat inconvenient for the beginning. I would think they would probably shut the whole place down for a little while to do phase one and take care of the main building. But, they could always have people check in at the other side if they go through with this and offer internal buses for peoples convenience.

Rob562

eek. the rooms are all poured concrete, so everything would get water blasted. the lobby has to smell.

the video feels like a documentary on wdw after WW3 has destroyed the world.

The lobby building was sealed up and secured pretty well. The two guest room shells are what's up-in-the-air, whether they'll get torn down or if they can be salvaged.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Construction to Begin

They're definitely not wasting any time. They filed a permit today for setting up the WDI & Contractor trailers for construction.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
First to offer the new hotel "badmouth" name :)

Disney's "Art of Annihilation" - it's what happens when Pop Warner gets hold of rooms that will handle six people each :)

OK - enough jokes... this is a GOOD move. Econ 101 says that this is going to be the new tour group heaven... no more junking up those better "overflow" hotels.
It is not likley that Pop will use this resort because they cost more than 2 standard rooms and hold 2 less people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom