Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Parker in NYC

Don't forget the longhaulers... They don't have handle yet on how many people still are experiencing symptoms months later.
A thousand times this. Living with whatever these symptoms are -- now that's concerning. I can only speak for myself, of course. At least when you're dead, you're dead.

Rich Brownn

The gotcha is the 99.9% includes people that are still considered ill. In Florida, the actual percentage of deaths in cases closes is between 2-3%. And, of course, for every person who survives, 18 will have permanent organ damage. And many more will face months, if not years of recovery.

Survivability does not necessarily mean healthy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
1D1B673F-C8D9-413E-8019-D0CF31E98CF9.jpeg

Not so good now is it?

legwand77

That graphic is mostly wrong. Note it is done by a "professional" writer (see below). For complete context, sadly people get sick and die in this country daily. Around 7000 people die everyday. Actually close to 1% die every year in the US (close to 3 million), that does not throw a "monkey wrench" into the economy as the graphic tries to claim.

Plus the rest of the stats on this graphic are all wrong, first of you can cut the rate to .5% off the bat for those less than 70.
Hospitalizations are at about a 2.5 per death not 19.
there are some many things wrong with that graphic it is ridiculous.

Covid is bad and people are dying from it and getting really sick, but sharing these hyperbolic and false stats distracts from the real story of how bad it is.

Here is the writer dude that wrote it - focusing on Polyamory & BDSM Activist, Writer, Serial Entrepreneur, & Sex Educator would link the page but it is not appropriate to link here much like sharing the graphic. The attached picture is his chosen main profile image.

if you don't believe me - https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...blems-but-the-actual-risks-are-still-unknown/

Attachments

• franklin-about.jpg
    franklin-about.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 55

giantgolfer

Healthy in terms of they don’t have Covid. Why is every thread on this forum about Covid. Doesn’t anybody on here have a WDW trip planned?
I’m waiting til it’s safe for me and my family. Right now, it is not safe to travel as recommended by countless number of healthcare officials. I’ll get back to WDW eventually. I’m not going to be selfish and risk the health of my loved ones or other people around me. Clearly, you take the opposite opinion and don’t care about other people. We get it.

Miss Bella

I’m waiting til it’s safe for me and my family. Right now, it is not safe to travel as recommended by countless number of healthcare officials. I’ll get back to WDW eventually. I’m not going to be selfish and risk the health of my loved ones or other people around me. Clearly, you take the opposite opinion and don’t care about other people. We get it.
So you spend your free time on a WDW forum calling people selfish for going to WDW? What's the point of that? What exactly are you accomplishing?

SoFloMagic

Spare me your shaming, I imagine you must feel Disney, Universal isn't "all in it together". It isn't all locals there by a long shot. Schools too. Ground all the airlines. Might as well close all restaurants since dining indoors is a concern for some. smh. Laughter emoji guy here is you cue...
It's not either/or. This "do whatever you want" phase may lead to deeper restrictions being necessary. I'm for commonsense restrictions that reduce the likelihood of a full shutdown. And government funding to support workers in shuttered industries.

Edit: as an example, allowing indoor dining may contribute to a higher covid rate which then limits outdoor dining.

giantgolfer

So you spend your free time on a WDW forum calling people selfish for going to WDW? What's the point of that? What exactly are you accomplishing?
It’s not any worse than what you are doing by flaunting about how you are ignoring the health risks associated with non-essential travel. Glorifying ignorance must be so satisfying for you.

Feels good, right?

nor'easter

It does mean that another country's reality has no bearing on our responsibilities or course of action/inaction. Not our circus, not our monkeys. Your monkeys cause us issues, then we have a problem.
If one is not able to learn from the experience of others, then I agree...one has the intelligence of a monkey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom