Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Miss Bella

It’s not any worse than what you are doing by flaunting about how you are ignoring the health risks associated with non-essential travel. Glorifying ignorance must be so satisfying for you.

Feels good, right?
No I'm on a travel board talking about traveling specifically WDW. I'm in the right place. There are plenty of places you can go to talk about Covid instead of shaming people on a travel forum.

TrainsOfDisney

No I'm on a travel board talking about traveling specifically WDW. I'm in the right place. There are plenty of places you can go to talk about Covid instead of shaming people on a travel forum.
What’s on your mind about your next trip? Where are you staying? Any good dining reservations lined up?

Miss Bella

What’s on your mind about your next trip? Where are you staying? Any good dining reservations lined up?
The tower at CSR.. So far for dining Beaches and cream, Chef Arts, Yak and Yeti, and the Plaza. I'll probably book a couple more places at Disney springs and the the Italian place at the Swan. I got a really good rate with the Chase Visa discount 157.00 a night. I'd prefer the Yacht club but it doesn't really make since to pay twice as much as CSR. I can Lyft everywhere and still come out ahead.

Chi84

Premium Member
The tower at CSR.. So far for dining Beaches and cream, Chef Arts, Yak and Yeti, and the Plaza. I'll probably book a couple more places at Disney springs and the the Italian place at the Swan. I got a really good rate with the Chase Visa discount 157.00 a night. I'd prefer the Yacht club but it doesn't really make since to pay twice as much as CSR. I can Lyft everywhere and still come out ahead.
The tower is gorgeous! We were really impressed with it when we went to the rooftop restaurant. Beautiful bar too.

giantgolfer

Not allowed to talk about travel safety on a travel forum...got it. Anything else?

Miss Bella

Not allowed to talk about travel safety on a travel forum...got it. Anything else?
Talk away, but don't chastise people that choose to travel. If you do expect to get push back for your own choices. I think there should be some threads for travel and WDW and some threads for the Covid, but that's up to the mods to moderate.

TrainsOfDisney

That’s a great rate for a tower room!
Do you like yak&yeti over Tiffins? Or just trying something different.

Miss Bella

That’s a great rate for a tower room!
Do you like yak&yeti over Tiffins? Or just trying something different.
There a big difference in cost between the two and I really like Yak and Yeti. We’ve eaten lunch at Yak and Yeti all of 12 or so trips. Maybe someday we’ll try Tiffens.

TrainsOfDisney

There a big difference in cost between the two and I really like Yak and Yeti. We’ve eaten lunch at Yak and Yeti all of 12 or so trips. Maybe someday we’ll try Tiffens.
Makes sense. I ate at Yak & Yeti when it first opened and thought it was good but
I prefer Tiffins these days.

If you have the time stop in at the Nomad Lounge (The bar connected to Tiffins). I love sitting outside and looking over the river into Avatar.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
the real story of how bad it is.
Sadly
B3A27995-5CE3-4D43-84B6-E2EBE3921871.jpeg

Last edited:

KYDVC

Maybe I’m misreading this or missing something, but if we have 330m people in the US and the average lifespan is 77, that means 4.3m people die in the US a year. Divide that by 365, and you get ~12k people that die in the US on an average day. That would make any random Tuesday blow away the “Deadliest Day in American History”.

That’s not to take anything away from the seriousness of the situation, but isn’t that chart a little misleading without any sort of context listed in the chart itself?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe I’m misreading this or missing something, but if we have 330m people in the US and the average lifespan is 77, that means 4.3m people die in the US a year. Divide that by 365, and you get ~12k people that die in the US on an average day. That would make any random Tuesday blow away the “Deadliest Day in American History”.

That’s not to take anything away from the seriousness of the situation, but isn’t that chart a little misleading without any sort of context listed in the chart itself?
I’d think it’s trying to remind the deniers how serious this situation is lest they forget.

KYDVC

I’d think it’s trying to remind the deniers how serious this situation is lest they forget.
I get that is probably the goal. However, all its going to do is to get people more entrenched in their views. People more safety based will be alarmed by that, while people more freedom based will brush it off as another piece of junk science. Especially since I was able to refute the claim in 30 seconds shortly after I woke up.

JoeCamel

I think you are confusing all causes with a single event caused deaths

KYDVC

I think you are confusing all causes with a single event caused deaths
But that’s not what the graphic says. And if we’re including pandemics, then this should include the Spanish Flu pandemic where in Oct 1918 there were an estimated 200k American deaths, or an average of ~6500/day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom