Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I get that is probably the goal. However, all its going to do is to get people more entrenched in their views. People more safety based will be alarmed by that, while people more freedom based will brush it off as another piece of junk science. Especially since I was able to refute the claim in 30 seconds shortly after I woke up.
Helps distinguish the idiots quicker then.

(Hint - it’s not the “safety based” ones)

legwand77

I’d think it’s trying to remind the deniers how serious this situation is lest they forget.
There is is the rub, it is extremely clear how serious Covid is, every news outlet/website has running counters of deaths, stories literally all the time. majority of people know if people are reported dead on a daily basis. They know the percentage positive of test on a daily basis. It is posted here on this forum daily. The public's thirst for negative stories about Covid is more in the US than anywhere in the world. Sharing hyperbolic memes and graphics that are easily debunked as that does more harm than good as it obfuscates the real numbers and real impact.

The number of actual "covid-deniers" (using your term) is much smaller that you think they are, or want to believe there are, and it will never be zero. There is always a fringe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There is is the rub, it is extremely clear how serious Covid is, any news outlet/website has running counters of deaths, stories literally all the time. majority of people know if people are reported dead on a daily basis. They know the percentage positive of test on a daily basis. It is posted here on this forum daily. The public's thirst for negative stories about Covid is more in the US than anywhere in the world. Sharing hyperbolic memes and graphics that are easily debunked as that does more harm than good as it obfuscates the real numbers and real impact.
What made you change your tune?

Miss Bella

There is is the rub, it is extremely clear how serious Covid is, every news outlet/website has running counters of deaths, stories literally all the time. majority of people know if people are reported dead on a daily basis. They know the percentage positive of test on a daily basis. It is posted here on this forum daily. The public's thirst for negative stories about Covid is more in the US than anywhere in the world. Sharing hyperbolic memes and graphics that are easily debunked as that does more harm than good as it obfuscates the real numbers and real impact.

The number of actual "covid-deniers" (using your term) is much smaller that you think they are, or want to believe there are, and it will never be zero. There is always a fringe.
What is Covid denier?

Miss Bella

It should be possible to discuss operational changes due to Covid without insulting each other. If you think people shouldn’t be traveling then why not just start a thread on that topic.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
But please, let’s get back to the operating schedule change that took place in September. Nothing to do with COVID except the entire thread.
COVID is obviously the cause of the operating hour changes, but we do not need to use this thread to constantly fight over masks, lock-downs, and whether people should be traveling. There are threads that already deal with those subjects and using those will leave this thread available for those who want to talk about the impact to operating hours.

giantgolfer

COVID is obviously the cause of the operating hour changes, but we do not need to use this thread to constantly fight over masks, lock-downs, and whether people should be traveling. There are threads that already deal with those subjects and using those will leave this thread available for those who want to talk about the impact to operating hours.
Sounds good to me.

legwand77

Hours extended Jan 1, and 2. Magic Kingdom staying open 2 hours later, HS and AK open one hour earlier. No change to EPCOT. Also first day you can Park Hop.

Magic Kingdom: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Previously 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM)
Hollywood Studios: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (Previously 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM)
Animal Kingdom: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Previously 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm selfishly hoping for low crowds the end of January. I would like to see them extend the Epcot hours other than that I'm fine with the early close times.
There should be a lull between New Years and President’s Day with kids back in school and none of the usual special events like Marathon weekend and conventions to draw people in. For some reason my kids have a 5 day weekend for President’s Day this year, not sure if that’s common other places. I could see a possible bump in crowds around then.

In my “adult without kids” life we made several trips to WDW in January after New Years. The crowds were always low with kids going back to school and back in the day they kept the Christmas decoration up for a few weeks into Jan. We were there once for the marathon but back when it wasn’t such a big deal. The only down side is a couple of headliner rides were down for refurb, but the pleasant weather and low crowds more than made up for that. We also got a good deal on rooms back then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom