Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

mikejs78

Premium Member
I personally prefer to get information from the actual experts and data. Some of the above is sorta right, and a bunch very wrong.

Umm, OK.

kids carry a high viral load, I mean really.

Really.

It is less deadly than the flu for younger people that is a fact. This is shown by the CDC etc. Older it is worse.

As I said, deadliness for a particular age group isn't the only barometer. Your statement is fact. But it is only part of the picture. Ability of younger people to spread the disease or get longer term complications are other factors.

How do we know about long term damage, this has only been around for 6 months or so. Show me real numbers.

Because we can visually see the damage. You're right, we don't know the full long term effects, but there are very telling signs.

DisneyDebRob

Umm, OK.

Really.

As I said, deadliness for a particular age group isn't the only barometer. Your statement is fact. But it is only part of the picture. Ability of younger people to spread the disease or get longer term complications are other factors.

Because we can visually see the damage. You're right, we don't know the full long term effects, but there are very telling signs.

Please stop confusing some here with facts. It gets in the way. 🙂

legwand77

Umm, OK.

Really.

That "Mass General" study has been debunked a bit.

The study it is based on states "transmissibility was not assessed in this study"

The author also was comparing the viral loads from kids in 0-2 day symptoms onset to adults over 7+ days. of course it would be higher.

The kids were also in the 0-22 age range. there were only 3 positives in the 0-22 age children with 1 asymptomatic

Sweden also ran a study but with 1.8 million children under 16 (instead of only 49 like the one you mentioned) and found that children are not a major transmitter of the disease.

mikejs78

Premium Member
That "Mass General" study has been debunked a bit.

The study it is based on states "transmissibility was not assessed in this study"

The author also was comparing the viral loads from kids in 0-2 day symptoms onset to adults over 7+ days. of course it would be higher.

The kids were also in the 0-22 age range. there were only 3 positives in the 0-22 age children with 1 asymptomatic

Sweden also ran a study but with 1.8 million children under 16 (instead of only 49 like the one you mentioned) and found that children are not a major transmitter of the disease.

"More research is needed" is not the same as debunked.

There is no "Swedish study" that has the numbers you are indicating that has any scientific merit.

And the numbers you gave are wildly wrong. Read the actual study rather than make up numbers.

And since you say you like data and studies:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Umm, OK.

Really.

Have fun and good luck.

legwand77

"More research is needed" is not the same as debunked.

There is no "Swedish study" that has the numbers you are indicating that has any scientific merit.

And the numbers you gave are wildly wrong. Read the actual study rather than make up numbers.

And since you say you like data and studies:

I guess you missed the one from the Public Heath Agency of Sweden

from the article you linked on Misc- C. it is extremely rare,

Of the 662 known cases worldwide looked at in the new review, 71 percent of the children were admitted to intensive care, and the average length of hospital stay was about eight days.

The Korea Study you linked also has been clarified if not debunked, they actually found zero confirmed instances of a child infecting an adult in Korea.

"Children under age 10 do not spread the virus as much as adults do, and the ability to transmit seems to increase with age."

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
As I said:

What you posted was not a scientific study. It doesn't even claim to be. It was a political report meant to prop up the disastrous COVID policies of Sweden.

legwand77

As I said:

What you posted was not a scientific study. It doesn't even claim to be. It was a political report meant to prop up the disastrous COVID policies of Sweden.
It is obvious there no point in discussing it any further with you now. Also never claimed it was a "scientific study" those are your words. You can even throw that report out since you don't like it, all the others still stand. There aren't any scientific studies showing you points regarding children in any meaningful way.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
It is obvious there no point in discussing it any further with you now. Also never claimed it was a "scientific study" those are your words. You can even throw that report out since you don't like it, all the others still stand. There aren't any scientific studies showing you points regarding children in any meaningful way.

You compared it to a scientific study that use actual scientific protocols for its results. So it's only fair to judge it unscientific terms, since that's the topic we are discussing.

Regardless of that, you seem to ignore the numerous studies that I've posted that urge caution. There are no scientifically produced studies that show that covet is not harmful to children. They're also no scientific studies that show that children don't spread the disease.

There are several studies that show concerning information regarding children and covid. None of them are proof of anything, but they do raise concerns. And my concerns like this are raised, it's important to exercise caution. Otherwise, as I said, it's possible to end up with a whole generation of kids with long-term effects, or end up in a situation where kids turn into super spreaders, which causes more illness and death. The short answer is we don't know, but the evidence is leading us in that direction.

Hawg G

I’m saying that there is ZERO correlation between the number of tests and the number of cases out there.

You can follow along here...I know you can do it.

All the increase in testing shows is a more accurate depiction of the raw Total...which you’ll never find if you don’t TEST!!

more tests also would eventually drive the virus down because people would get more scared and/or frustrated and do the right things to kill it.

But that hasn’t happened...because to address a “plague” you have to address the WHOLE Population...find the patterns and break the cycle.

Like fleas...for lack of a better example I can currently think of 🤔

Yes...because they are the dumbest humans on the planet! Can’t be trusted...they drink Beast...by choice!
Colleges brought them back because of tuition/revenue shortfalls...they had no choice. They need the money...always.
Gee? Put a few dozen thousand ***** kids in a 5 square mile block and see what happens?

All the school officials knew what they were getting into. As evidenced by the viral picture that has circulated of 5,000 freshman mulling around a couple weeks ago in a place I happen to know well.
(No...not Epcot...that’s the OTHER place)

Why do you keep trying to say I don’t understand, which isn’t the point, and I understand fine. The mask folks are demanding more tests, to get more positives, to get more fear.

The bigger issue is that the tests are not a random sampling, so extrapolating anything from them, regardless of how many there are, is rather dumb.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why do you keep trying to say I don’t understand, which isn’t the point, and I understand fine. The mask folks are demanding more tests, to get more positives, to get more fear.

The bigger issue is that the tests are not a random sampling, so extrapolating anything from them, regardless of how many there are, is rather dumb.
Because you don’t seem to understand...

You’ve been on “the other team” since the start...which is especially ironic today considering recent revelations 😂

...it’s ok. Never expected to agree with everyone. You stay in your sandbox and I’ll stay in mine.

Let’s the facts fall where they were always going to.

Hawg G

Finally, to compare this to the flu is ridiculous. The death toll of COVID is a level of magnitude above any flu year since 1918. It is currently the third highest cause of death in this country, and it will soon be higher than every other cause of death combined, save for heart disease and cancer. And that's not even beginning to deal with the permanent long-term organ damage that people who survive the virus end up with.

Covid is most certainly NOT an order of magnitude worse than the flu at this point. Not even half an order.

Hawg G

I do think positivity rating is a more reliable indicator, but I’d also say one caveat to that is overall testing capacity. If there’s not enough testing capacity, you could run into a scenario where those who are clearly symptomatic are overrepresented. I look at it like polling. Well done polling should theoretically give you a good snapshot of the larger population. If your pollster seeks out more people, say, who wear MAGA or BLM type shirts that is not reflective of the underlying population, you might see skewed results.

And that is the only issue really, and one the mask brigade ignores. The tests aren’t even close to being done on a random sampling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom