Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

rowrbazzle

I got an upgrade to club level at the Polynesian once. The lounge was nice, but the food and drinks were just okay. (I've heard others have better offerings.) I used the concierge a couple times, but they didn't do anything "special." Half of the rooms have great views (even more expensive), the other half just look at the pool.

I can't fathom paying the actual price. I'd have to spend the entire day there to get my money's worth. If I was planning a trip that involved very little park time, then I could see enjoying it. But I probably wouldn't go to Disney if I wasn't going to the parks.

Touchdown

I’m glad some of you are finding value in a trip now, but I wouldn’t. In the before times, I would average a very high ride count thanks to a combination of rope drop, park hopping, fastpasses, and evening EMH I would still average 15-25 attractions per day, enjoy a sit down dinner and see a nighttime spectacular.

If I went now I would get on about the same amount of rides, and have dinner but I would lose the spectaculars and walking around the parks at night (in exchange for some more sleep) and I would be limited to one park. There are honestly only a select few Disney Attractions I would like to ride more then twice in a day (the coasters, ToT, Rise, Splash, maybe Frozen.) There is simply no value for me even before we bring up the Covid stuff. Another thing that needs to come back is Nemo and FOTLK in AK.

If they announced the return of Epcot Forever, Fantasmic!, and Once Upon a Time (Ill give them HEA with social distancing is impossible, but if they did multiple showings of OUAT I think social distancing could happen) my chance of going in October would increase from 2% to 75% (Covid still needs to down trend.).

Heck, if they don’t want to do OUAT, they could get creative and run the Spelltacular multiple times a night and achieve the same results. At some point Disney is going to have to bring back more people like me.

Brooklin Disney Dad

Where is the price reduction to compensate for the reduction of experience? @lentesta was just saying how the best plan for Epcot was to arrive after 6pm when the weather is nicer. I liked that idea, we've always taken a break in the middle of the day anyway. So much for enjoying twilight.

I'm cancelling my reservations not because of a virus but because of Disney's response to it. I can't be the only one who feels this way. This isn't something I want to reward with my business.

Shorter hours means less opportunity for distancing so this isn't a safety thing.
I think the shorter (or no wait times) is the reason why the prices haven’t changed. You could essentially do a park in less than 6 hrs...no cost benefit for staying open for smaller crowds. I am sure the lowest crowd numbers are after 4pm now.
And many are upset but decided to just not go. I am sure park times will continue to decrease, if not have rotating closures for a day. Flights into FLA are down 86% and locals don’t provide much profit to local tourism economies.

eliza61nyc

I’m glad some of you are finding value in a trip now, but I wouldn’t. In the before times, I would average a very high ride count thanks to a combination of rope drop, park hopping, fastpasses, and evening EMH I would still average 15-25 attractions per day, enjoy a sit down dinner and see a nighttime spectacular.

If I went now I would get on about the same amount of rides, and have dinner but I would lose the spectaculars and walking around the parks at night (in exchange for some more sleep) and I would be limited to one park. There are honestly only a select few Disney Attractions I would like to ride more then twice in a day (the coasters, ToT, Rise, Splash, maybe Frozen.) There is simply no value for me even before we bring up the Covid stuff. Another thing that needs to come back is Nemo and FOTLK in AK.

If they announced the return of Epcot Forever, Fantasmic!, and Once Upon a Time (Ill give them HEA with social distancing is impossible, but if they did multiple showings of OUAT I think social distancing could happen) my chance of going in October would increase from 2% to 75% (Covid still needs to down trend.).

I think it's how you view your vacations. A coworker of mine just came back. Not only did she incurr the cost, my job made her quarantine for 2 weeks at 1/2 pay.
She said it was worth it simply to de-stress.
She said just being out of her state for 5 days was enough.

It's all relative...

Touchdown

I think it's how you view your vacations. A coworker of mine just came back. Not only did she incurr the cost, my job made her quarantine for 2 weeks at 1/2 pay.

It's all relative...

I have a place to do that, without nearly as many Covid concerns, in New Hampshire. I was going to go to WDW first and then there in the fall, but if I cancel WDW I’ll just go there the wholetime.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It's all relative...
That’s a high price. Had she been there before?
I have a place to do that, without nearly as many Covid concerns, in New Hampshire. I was going to go to WDW first and then there in the fall, but if I cancel WDW I’ll just go there the wholetime.
They have a quarantine order still up...I’m driving through on Monday going to maine...

Which we would have gone to wdw for my daughters birthday...instead it’s coastal Maine/eco tourism...

I’m just saying...I’m a Disney lifer (if they don’t screw it up)...and I’m not leaving the bubble.

DVCakaCarlF

Certainly true for us. I like people who criticize those who book Club Level and don’t know what they’re talking about. You can easily make the same overpriced claims about almost anything Disney related (Dining plan, merchandise, tickets, etc).

Especially for those who don’t like to battle crowds from 9am - Close, Club level elevates the trip to a much more relaxing, higher end experience. As stated, you certainly spend less on overpriced food and drink in the parks and resorts.

Do you get 100% of the price back in monetary value...probably not, but not to ruin the magic for you, you aren’t getting that in ANYTHING at Disney.
With the amount of wine my wife drinks, I’m certain I come out ahead....thankfully, she’s not on this board lol.

legwand77

Certainly true for us. I like people who criticize those who book Club Level and don’t know what they’re talking about. You can easily make the same overpriced claims about almost anything Disney related (Dining plan, merchandise, tickets, etc).

Especially for those who don’t like to battle crowds from 9am - Close, Club level elevates the trip to a much more relaxing, higher end experience. As stated, you certainly spend less on overpriced food and drink in the parks and resorts.

Do you get 100% of the price back in monetary value...probably not, but not to ruin the magic for you, you aren’t getting that in ANYTHING at Disney.

I agree,club level is a value to me, but then again I also do VIP tours periodically as well. Looking at doing one again here in the next few weeks, mainly for the park hopper ability and lack of fastpass, since the parks are getting more crowded and lines are getting longer, very much worth it.

legwand77

With Orange County's 7 day positivity average now moving below 5%, if the trend continues, I would expect capacity limits to the parks to be officially increased, I am thinking they have been a bit already but not official. Probably will see that in a week or so. May still keep the hours the same, at least until they figure out how to bring back fireworks.

DVCakaCarlF

I agree,club level is a value to me, but then again I also do VIP tours periodically as well. Looking at doing one again here in the next few weeks, mainly for the park hopper ability and lack of fastpass, since the parks are getting more crowded and lines are getting longer, very much worth it.
What’s your opinion of VIP services? Any tips or reviews?

LittleBuford

I get what you mean. I don't think I'll be able to completely disconnect myself from reality as often as I did during previous visits. I'm willing to give this new experience a try, that is, when I'm finally allowed to catch a plane and visit. I'm curious to see how it feels for me.

Only thing is, to me, WDW is more about the atmosphere and less about the rides. Looks like most people who've visited under these circumstances, see the low crowds and ability to ride attractions as the biggest draw.

I'm prepared to keep an open mind, stay safe and have the best possible time, whenever that may be. :)

Enjoy and do keep safe when you go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom